RDO dilemma

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

spongeInside
Local

RDO dilemma

Post by spongeInside » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:14 am

I hate being asked to book my RDO's in advance... I always seem to pick them on flat days..

Anyway, boss comes up this morning and tells me I need to book in a few of them as I've accumulated too many.. problem is it looks like it's gonna be flat for the rest of the week. Anyone got psychic ability? If so, which days are going to have the best surf this/next week?

Wondering if I should just go the Friday/Monday route.

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:40 am

I am getting my knee surgery on Thursday and will be out of the surf for 6 months. This is almost a guarentee that the surf will be cranking on Friday and remain good for the forseeable future.

Actually - there might be a bit of a pulse of S swell on Fri and winds look good too. Bugger!!

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:53 am

barstardos wrote:I am getting my knee surgery on Thursday and will be out of the surf for 6 months. This is almost a guarentee that the surf will be cranking on Friday and remain good for the forseeable future.

Actually - there might be a bit of a pulse of S swell on Fri and winds look good too. Bugger!!
haha Friday/Monday it is then!!!

I hope all goes well with your knee surgery.. bugger about the 6months out of the water. You won't be missing too much with summer here.. by the time you're ready to get back into the swell should be back and the summer crowds long gone..

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:58 am

barstardos wrote:I am getting my knee surgery on Thursday and will be out of the surf for 6 months...
poor bastard, good luck! :wink:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:06 pm

Mate always make it a long weekend. Friday or Monday only!!!

p.s. Bastardos that is sickening news. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and know that i will always love you...

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 pm

barstardos wrote:I am getting my knee surgery on Thursday and will be out of the surf for 6 months. This is almost a guarentee that the surf will be cranking on Friday and remain good for the forseeable future.

Hurry up will ya, need that Knee fixed good and propper so we can get that
pic of you @ the point :wink:

Good luck with it seriously :wink: Hope all goes well :)

Crofty
Grommet

Post by Crofty » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 pm

barstardos.........surf as much as you can these next few days!!!!

I had an ACL recon on 26th October this year and am obviously 5 weeks into it and can't surf until end of February. It is absolutely killing me!!! Even though we haven't had any decent swell and its summer, just missing the water time with the boys even on a mal is frusterating!

Who is doing the surgery for you?!

As for RDO's id prob go for a tuesday...always seems to be most consistant day for some reason.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:13 pm

Sponge - go monday and tuesday so you don't have two crowded days in the middle of your time off.

Barstardos - You poor barstardos! After the initial frustration, it'll be the 3 month mark before it'll start doing your head right in 3 :wink: glad to help buddy :!:

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 pm

ARGGHH!!!! what bloody time does swellnet update it's forecast? It says at the bottom
Monday's updated forecast will have a better idea as to the long term prospects for the second half of next week
well today is farkn monday!! My boss keeps coming over asking if I've booked 'em, but I'm holding out until the new forecast is up... bloody hell, I'm sick of clicking refresh!!

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 pm

spongeInside wrote:ARGGHH!!!! what bloody time does swellnet update it's forecast? It says at the bottom
Monday's updated forecast will have a better idea as to the long term prospects for the second half of next week
well today is farkn monday!! My boss keeps coming over asking if I've booked 'em, but I'm holding out until the new forecast is up... bloody hell, I'm sick of clicking refresh!!
Sponge, if you can, put it off for this week. Outlook, shite for the rest of the week :evil:

Early next week( Tue-Wed) , maybe get some NE or E swell :)

My prognosis, is generally worth F U C K all, sorry :oops:

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:22 pm

Butts wrote:
spongeInside wrote:ARGGHH!!!! what bloody time does swellnet update it's forecast? It says at the bottom
Sponge, if you can, put it off for this week. Outlook, shite for the rest of the week :evil:

Early next week( Tue-Wed) , maybe get some NE or E swell :)

My prognosis, is generally worth F U C K all, sorry :oops:
haha mine ain't worth s hit either :P that's why I rely on the forecasts so bad. I think I might try for thursday-friday next week.. coastalwatch just did their job and lodged an update.. looks absolutely crap for the next week :(

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Just my ha'penny worth.

Long Range BoM calling for a wet latter 1/2 of summer. Therefore my callis for early early cyclone events/ major storm predictions for early 2007 lasting into abt mid May.

Trad'l sources might support some of this info based on past stories but as we know all knowledge is relative. (no Tassie jokes here)

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:59 pm

Just my ha'penny worth.

Long Range BoM calling for a wet latter 1/2 of summer. Therefore my call is for early early cyclone events/ major storm predictions for early 2007 lasting into abt mid May.

Trad'l sources might support some of this info based on past stories but as we know all knowledge is relative. (no Tassie jokes here)

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:02 pm

puurri wrote:Just my ha'penny worth.

Long Range BoM calling for a wet latter 1/2 of summer. Therefore my call is for early early cyclone events/ major storm predictions for early 2007 lasting into abt mid May.

Puurri thats an interesting call :shock:
Fuck I hope your right though :wink: 8)