HSC

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Gone_West
Grommet

Post by Gone_West » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:39 pm

UAIdontcare

I just want to know, where do i get my student number from??

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 pm

_cant_touch_this wrote:
only aiming for a UAI of 65 anyway so i can head up to byron and do a B Media / B Cone-punching double degree at lismore.
If I get less than a 75 (for Psychology at coffs) I will be seeing you up there..

Bachelor in buisness tourisim management...

Study for a year overseas then get a job travelling round..

Thats the plan anyway

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Gone_West wrote:UAIdontcare

I just want to know, where do i get my student number from??
]

If you still have a copy of your school certificate

Its on there in real little numbers

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:34 pm

Road trip up North Coast...eventually staying in Byron with a variety of school mates and chicks and locals. Then Goldy during NSW week.

I need 65...the average for the Tweed campus Southern Cross uni courses- which is where i want to go.

But TAFE next year. Business management

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Shit haven't posted on realsurf for a while.

Anyway, I just started year 12 on Monday. I know my HSC is still a year away, but I've been putting in a couple of hours a night already, and plan to start putting in 3 or 4 soon. I'm looking for a UAI of 90+ and I still have ALOT to catch up on in terms of 2 unit maths.

Any advice lads?

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:19 pm

maddog wrote:Shit haven't posted on realsurf for a while.

Anyway, I just started year 12 on Monday. I know my HSC is still a year away, but I've been putting in a couple of hours a night already, and plan to start putting in 3 or 4 soon. I'm looking for a UAI of 90+ and I still have ALOT to catch up on in terms of 2 unit maths.

Any advice lads?
I started mine too and have been putting in 30misn to an hour revising what i have learnt on the day.

yangran

Post by yangran » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm

ha.... all of that motivation will go straight out the window about half way through. By this time next year you will be so desensitised to this shit that you wont care.

not saying that you shouldnt try

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:53 pm

I want to Find Peter Skryznecki and Slap him in the face...

You get over the HSC so quick..

I was ready to start about a month ago..

Now I am just getting violent...

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Post by halfy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 pm

if i could give advice to anyone right now, it would be to get ya friggen text books and just make notes on a computer, chapter by chapter or under the syllabus headings. its the only way, and its a bitch as well, but im telling you, i did this for stuvac and i know soooooo much more. imagine if you did this throughout the year, just taking notes, reading ya textbook and knuckling down.

PS- do you know the average score for questions 9 and 10 in 2-unit maths is..........

0. yep, a big fat zero. so for you younguns who have entered the footsteps of hell.....just do questions 1-8. dont even worry about 9-10, there only meant for the really well skilled 'mathletes', like asians. :shock: :P

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:28 pm

for me i have never been worked up about the hsc.
never studied in my life and got band 5s for SC (not hard)
i was desensitised to it before i started which is probly a bad thing. Macdonalds sign dude you have got it sorted but dont burn out buddy.. try to aim for your 3 hours 3 times a week and ul be set!

howsitgoin
regular

Post by howsitgoin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:32 pm

One Mile Point wrote:

Any advice lads?
I started mine too and have been putting in 30misn to an hour revising what i have learnt on the day.
yeppp me too. started on monday and hav been puttin in around half an hour a night aswell. As for the guy that says if he hears 'journeys' one more time after HSC he'll shoot someone, i am already gettin aggrivated when i hear the word and its only been 4 days. not keen for another year of it. :cry:

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:07 pm

I was so sick of contexts and values in yr 11 let alone 4 terms of fuckin Journey. Sounds so fuckin queer

sydney
barnacle

Post by sydney » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Any advice lads?
Dude, you'll burn yourself out. I know it seems like heaps, but what you learn in the next year in any subject, is crammed into a semester at first year uni. Then into a term second year. It ain't that much to learn.

3 hours a night, you'll end up hating school, hating study before you really need to cram, and having no social life, and no relax time.

If you do an hour a day, then manage to fit in a few hours on satuday and a day off on sunday, yuo're guarenteed to come out 90+.

My method now at uni is to just attend all classes (which you have to at school anyway), pay attention to get the gist, then spend each break catching up on the past term. Then obviously the study session at the end of the semester.

But just take care not to freak out. I ended up having panic attacks and sleepless nights heading into HSC. All cause of fake-arse presure from school and society in general. Do some study, do your best, and don't freak. Cause it don't mean shit in the long run.

Even if you foul up immensly, there's ways around everything.

Anywayz, good loch to you all.

How was Ind Tech for anyone doing that today? That exam was the biggest waste of two hours my entire HSC.

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 am

Any advice lads?
yeh thats what i did then did nothing for ages haha. you should drop 2unit maths kill the general and youll have heaps of time for everything else.

just do notes for english, just highlight in the book for the rest so much easier saved me heaps of time. and maths just do past questions.and 90 walah.

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:11 pm

One Mile Point wrote:I was so sick of contexts and values in yr 11 let alone 4 terms of **** Journey. Sounds so **** queer
yr 11? soo gay. yr 12? even worst..

one exam down for me!

How easy was section 2 the creative response!

kookmachine
Local

Post by kookmachine » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:25 pm

^ yeah mate i know hey!

i was expecting something a little more vicious for both the creative and the essay

but fark me, im happy with how it went

no more journeys!! sickcnut!!

Gone_West
Grommet

Post by Gone_West » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:25 pm

ah yes one down 5 to go. that test was bloody easy. except for the nomads bit which I screwed up a bit :roll:

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:49 pm

haha yeah the freakin nomad photographers! wat the heck as that...still managed to do a page of waffle for that which at least looks good to the marker.