HSC

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

razorback
Grommet

Post by razorback » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:46 am

kookmachine wrote:three weeks today and im DONE..... im way past the stage of even really caring about how i do anymore, im more or less just wanting to get it over and done with

whens everyones last exam?? on the 8th, i plan to walk out and proceed dirctly to my local and get royally destroyed
Luckly my exams are at the licensed premises of the diggers. On thursday the 9th goin straight down stairs and getting on it and most probably have a slap aswell...

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:22 am

HSC starts tomorrow!!! wooyeah, can't wait. Damn english is first up. Haven't even started studying for it.

pchuuu
regular

Post by pchuuu » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:44 am

so boys whos ready for english tomoz???? HAHAHAHAHA

if i hear the word journey after the 9th of November on my last exam im gunna kill somebody ay.... "how does this text protray the theme of inner journey, link this to 4 texts..... FCUK OFF!!!!!!

who here is goin to HS cya later at greenwood???

hog

Post by hog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:46 am

finish on the 31st of october....cant wait, im one of the first people to finish in my grade........after that ive got 4 months free to surf 8) till Uni (thats if i get in)

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:43 am

hell yer HSCyalater greenwood

i bet i can look like more of a f4g than you!!

what... isn't that the theme every thursday night??

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:57 am

haha true that willie some people dress up like the seediest mutha fuckas ... and chicks think its hot??? get a LIFE

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:29 am

What is everyone doing for schoolies??

heading to the goldy?

I have an exam on the last day... and a three week break before it.. which is going to suck.

I have the study thing down though.

Wake up at 630 study till 930 beach till 430 study till late

But msn and myspace sort of fvck up that plan a bit..

Getting maggot after my last exam on the 15th though..

Then the formal is on the 17th...

And some smart fella decided that the bar is free.... Sh!t its going to be fun

sydney
barnacle

Post by sydney » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:04 am

Just so you all don't feel like clueless no-hopers with no aim in life... I'm 22, did HSC in 2001. I did a graphic Design Course at Tafe straight out (was pretty much forced to do something by olds) then decided didn't like it so screwed around with a few casual jobs, fell into the insurance industry, and decided to get some full time money rather than part time.

That lasted 3 years, then decided it wasn't for me, went travelling around Europe for 3 months last Xmas as a break then got into uni mature age and am now doing a BIT.

I still have no idea what I want to do, and almost all of my mates are still clueless what the rest of their life is going to be. Other than the few that have had a calling in life (wildlife warrior, love for accounting :shock: that sorta stuff).

The pressure they put on you is bullsh!t. until I applied for mature age student, I had totally forgotten what my UAI was... (75) Get out into the real world and no one gives a stuff about your little bit of paper. Get some life skills, some on the job experience, then you're cooking.

If you don't know what degree you want to do, or if you wanna go to uni at all, take the year off and go travelling. Best way is to get accepted somewhere and defer it. Or get into an arts and test out the waters in different areas.

People stay at uni for 6 or 7 years after having done 3/4 a degree and deciding they want to change, so figure it out before you commit totally.

Other than that, good luck to all the youngens, and don't stress too much. Soon it'll be about 2 years of drinking 5 nights a week, and relaxing. If you're anything like me! :lol:

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm hitting port stephens for schoolies. Could be touch and go. I hope theres good waves.

andycumo
Local

Post by andycumo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:24 pm

WHY THE FUCK WOULD U GO TO PORT STEPHENS FOR SCHOOLIES !?!?!?!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i mean we are stopping there for a night as part of the road trip up there! but dont u want to party?!?!?!?!

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:33 pm

The girls at school organised it. I'm just tagging along. Should still be heaps of fun.

J_Rock
Grommet

Post by J_Rock » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:38 pm

Yeah the SC is a gigantic steamy turd. I finished mine last year, and the amount of shit that the school / teachers build up is a joke...
I studied a bit - not chronic but, surfed and fucked around mostly, but went ok (all band 4's couplea 5's). At the end of the day, it's what u want to do. A lotta people were freakin out about it, but i wasn't really that fussed, it's just a bit of paper!
If i could go back in time, i would slap myself across the face and study a bit more, but i gots no regrets now.

as for schoolies - GO TO THE GOLDY KIDS...
party central, more chicks than ya eyes can handle, and quality surf everyday 100m away....so much fun, but beware - most of you will return to sydney alcoholics, ha ha

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:16 pm

sydney wrote:Just so you all don't feel like clueless no-hopers with no aim in life... I'm 22, did HSC in 2001. I did a graphic Design Course at Tafe straight out (was pretty much forced to do something by olds) then decided didn't like it so screwed around with a few casual jobs, fell into the insurance industry, and decided to get some full time money rather than part time.

That lasted 3 years, then decided it wasn't for me, went travelling around Europe for 3 months last Xmas as a break then got into uni mature age and am now doing a BIT.

I still have no idea what I want to do, and almost all of my mates are still clueless what the rest of their life is going to be. Other than the few that have had a calling in life (wildlife warrior, love for accounting :shock: that sorta stuff).

The pressure they put on you is bullsh!t. until I applied for mature age student, I had totally forgotten what my UAI was... (75) Get out into the real world and no one gives a stuff about your little bit of paper. Get some life skills, some on the job experience, then you're cooking.

If you don't know what degree you want to do, or if you wanna go to uni at all, take the year off and go travelling. Best way is to get accepted somewhere and defer it. Or get into an arts and test out the waters in different areas.

People stay at uni for 6 or 7 years after having done 3/4 a degree and deciding they want to change, so figure it out before you commit totally.

Other than that, good luck to all the youngens, and don't stress too much. Soon it'll be about 2 years of drinking 5 nights a week, and relaxing. If you're anything like me! :lol:
Thats it dude........ I Finished HSC in 2004 and have worked a few different jobs, which honestly have been quite fun and enlightening. I am on the cusp of travelling europe for 6 months then returning to start uni.

I know it's been said time and time again, but it really is a "make your own decision" time at the end of the HSC.
I don't know why ( probably just private school mentality), but i was one of a very select few who didn't leave school and do uni straight away.

A very regimented idea of travelling via a GAP year was previlent and apart from a few doing this, the rest went to uni or got apprenticeships.

Now almost 2 years from the time i finished the HSC i have an honest, mature persepctive of what i want to achieve, and not like a majority of my mates at uni who are either fed up and regretting it who are floating around arts degree's etc. without a clue of what they want to do.

life experience is priceless in my honest opinion.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:21 pm

what the fu*k do you mean 'hsc starts on friday!"

bullshyte, it started today, im one exam down already. i cant think about study, the only things i can think about are my liver-destroying plans come the 8th october. what date is hscya later? iv never been to teenwood (living on the nb where mona is king on a thursday) and im keen to test the waters.

only aiming for a UAI of 65 anyway so i can head up to byron and do a B Media / B Cone-punching double degree at lismore. cant wait til legal studies exam is over. a bunch of us are gettin straight into my car, driving to my place then bundying on at the arms. sound like a fa*ken plan or what trendsetters?

andycumo
Local

Post by andycumo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:49 pm

haha yehh u think your mad coz uve already done 1 exam!

haha well eat shit coz im a week ahead of your 8th of NOVEMBER finish! mwahahahaa!

sorry jsut letting out some anger against this study!

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Post by halfy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:21 pm

what UAI are u guys goin for, if ur tryin to get one at all

u could say a big UAIdon't care if ya wanna?

andycumo
Local

Post by andycumo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:38 pm

UAIdontcare

not goin to uni

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:42 pm

aimin for 77