Waterproof iPod Housings

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:35 pm

yanks r us wrote:quit all your winging you bogans..

who even said it was specified for surfing anyway
winging??

my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

bc
charger

Post by bc » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm

allegedly, there is a little known law about noise pollution.

anyone with an Ipod in the surf loses their right to not be dropped in on.
anyone with an ipod blaring on the bus loses their right to a seat.
and if your car alarm goes off for more than 5 mins in the middle of the night, I'm allowed to drag my keys down the side of the door.

don't get me started on the twits braying on their mobiles on the bus.
Last edited by bc on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:46 pm

underwater ipod,couple of spliff's, some scuba gear and a decent spear gun would change your life me thinks.

:lol: Just picturin the solo of "November Rain", spearin a decent fish. All the emotion........ :lol: :lol:

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:44 pm

salty wrote:Dude, that's horrible ....the killing fish part, I mean. Although, I'll cook and eat it if you kill it ;-)

mate, bringing out the inner hunter is awesome, the stigma of killing a fish should not affect you in any way in todays permaf#ckedupculture. :lol: it's too far gone mate, you may aswell enjoy it.

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:59 pm

Anything extra that you can lose or get tangled in while surfing is not good. If i can lose ear plugs and occaisionally get tangled in my leggie then I can't see how surfing with an I pod will make the experience any better. Anyway I can't fit blu tack and ear buds in my ears at the same time.....

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:20 pm

why bother? when surfing id rather soak up the atmosphere enjoy life and the sounds of the suroundings.

and what about every time u paddle, eat shit or even flick water out of ur eyes they would fall out which would mean ragathering and all that.

i would rather surf and have a more spiritual ( :shock: ) fulfillment (bahah i know thats spelt wrong :oops: )

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:56 pm

dammit__01 wrote:and what about every time u paddle, eat shit or even flick water out of ur eyes they would fall out which would mean ragathering and all that.

i really need to get with the times ay. Sydney surfers are much different to those up here. :lol:

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:59 pm

savesealrocks wrote:
dammit__01 wrote:and what about every time u paddle, eat shit or even flick water out of ur eyes they would fall out which would mean ragathering and all that.

i really need to get with the times ay. Sydney surfers are much different to those up here. :lol:
get with the times pops...

tortoise

Post by tortoise » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:31 pm

the only people i can imagine listening to ipods in the surf are the trendy wannabes who come down on the weekend in summer just so they can say they surf. Which would also be a good thing seeing as they would become distracted and not get any waves while getting smashed in the impact zone trying to untangle all the cords

fruitbowls
regular

Post by fruitbowls » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:43 pm

i couldn't be fucked reading the replies. but i'm going to post my own anyway even if it's been said.

fuck that, as someone said, u lose the reason for why ur out there in the first place. No soul to that shit. It's the same as the idea for having mobile phone housings, if some nice one was out and their mobile rang i'd fucking get angry.

pooshkie
regular

Post by pooshkie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:46 pm

bc wrote: don't get me started on the twits braying on their mobiles on the bus.
just cus u got no friends to talk to on a phone cockhead.

seriously u cant even take it under 2 meters otherwise itll let water in it.... so good luck taking it out in anything under 3ft surf.
probably smarter to use it kayaking or something...

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:26 pm

i dig the idea of listening to music wen surfing.

I think for those who ride a variety of craft all the time, certain tunes wuld help to maintain the certain flow and approach required for that board to function well...

for example riding a contemporary shortboard my playlist might include:

(something heavy and stuff i like)
- Motley Crue
- GNR
- The Angels

Logging at a waist high point:

-some sort of groove, jazz and of course 60s surf music

fishing or riding eggs (more connected soulful surf):

(something phsycadelic or soul)
- Zeppelin
- James Brown
- T Rex

A mate wore a headband over taped ear phones while logging at noosa

insomniac
regular

Post by insomniac » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:56 pm

smnmntl wrote:Can't imagine a bigger waste of time than an iPod in the surf, although it would be great for hassle-free dropping in on lids.

"huh...? wha....? sorry, mate, didn't hear you. Here, let me help you get my fin out of your nostril..."
as much as you're a complete wanker that we all love to hate, you do make a point.
it's gonna create a whole new group of degenerates like you who think they own the world.

ipods are ghey anyway.

Da Duke
regular

Post by Da Duke » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:59 pm

insomniac wrote:ipods are ghey anyway.

not as gay as spelling it " ghey"!

gotta say my ipod video is kickarse! and this contraption means I can wear it swimming laps? sold.

I reckon they'd go alright in the surf too. Especially crowded Indo pointbreaks! Be a good little experiment to see what happens in the barrel ie will the song sound slowed down or sped up?

And they're good to 3m which, contrary to what someone said earlier is plenty. I could be wrong but always thought that a wave will start to barrel when the water is half as deep as the wave is high. So unless you want to wear it in anything over a twenty foot face you'd be sweet. Plus I wouldn't have thought the pressure in the whitewater would be as significant as it would under 3m of unbroken water.

Just checked out the price for these puppies! A$160!!! jam that yuppie crap!

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:58 pm

salty wrote:I remember surfing Bondage in 2000 while the vollyball was on. Gangajang was thumping out... "out on the patio, we sit. And the humidity we breath...." as I caught a magic little wave. Was pretty cool, but I could get sick of it if it were to occur on a daily basis.
Back in the early 1970s there used to be a couple of shacks on the southern cliff overlooking Freshwater. Really hard to access but a classic address. For a while there were a bunch of hippy dudes living in one of the shacks. I remember on one hazy summer morning with liquid glass conditions and a nice east swell the dudes put Pink Floyd on the stereo and turned the sound up loud. It filled the whole bay. Magical and impossible to replicate, no matter how many tunes your ipod might hold.

insomniac
regular

Post by insomniac » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:08 pm

Da Duke wrote: And they're good to 3m which, contrary to what someone said earlier is plenty. I could be wrong but always thought that a wave will start to barrel when the water is half as deep as the wave is high. So unless you want to wear it in anything over a twenty foot face you'd be sweet. Plus I wouldn't have thought the pressure in the whitewater would be as significant as it would under 3m of unbroken water.
do you even surf?

Da Duke
regular

Post by Da Duke » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:14 pm

insomniac wrote:
Da Duke wrote: And they're good to 3m which, contrary to what someone said earlier is plenty. I could be wrong but always thought that a wave will start to barrel when the water is half as deep as the wave is high. So unless you want to wear it in anything over a twenty foot face you'd be sweet. Plus I wouldn't have thought the pressure in the whitewater would be as significant as it would under 3m of unbroken water.
do you even surf?
Silence muppet!

insomniac
regular

Post by insomniac » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:24 pm

didn't think so