Coastal Watch Jelousy?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Dribzy
regular

Coastal Watch Jelousy?

Post by Dribzy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:35 pm

http://www.coastalwatch.com/templates/c ... 5a2afdaec6

What do you guys think about it? Personally Ben and all the rest of the swellnet team work very hard long hours to do there site and get there forecasts as good as it can be! I personally think that coastalwatch are jelous of swellnet's great site .. Cause honestly i dont even bother going to CW any more.

what do you guys think?

Give CoastalWatch some abuse if you think its nessacery :D

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:45 pm

swellnets better in my opinion. More accurate forecasts

huz
regular

Post by huz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Costalwatch sux balls, swellnet is the best

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:03 pm

wasn't something mentioned a while ago about coastalwatch copying swellnets forecasts?

iliketoboogy
regular

Post by iliketoboogy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:03 pm

Theres nothing wrong with coastal watch ive noticed that swellnet always copy coastlwatch on the central coast report and somtimes newcastle report. The only thing i prefer of swellnet is there a little more accurate with the reports. Both top forcasting sites

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:06 pm

who cares-we the consumer of these things win either way :twisted: :idea: :arrow: 8)

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:54 am

costal watch it crap... i bet you their making up a load of sh*t anyway.

realsurf (bouys and reports courtesy of don ) and swellnet eat coastal watch for breaky :lol:

insomniac
regular

Post by insomniac » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:02 am

ooh ooh ooh, can i jump on the hating coastal watch bandwagon too?

and as i check swellnet at 8am, yesterdays report is still up, but checking coastalwatch has TODAYS report up, including the TIDES and TEMPERATURES
hmmmm yeah swellnet is definetely better :roll:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:23 am

insomniac wrote: hmmmm yeah swellnet is definetely better
I know, we just said that

dilution

Post by dilution » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:35 am

ha ha, that's pretty funny. Like the way they put the CW url in the middle of the report to catch them out. Very good.
OFF the TOP

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am

Coastal Watch is good! I check it and Swellnet and take an average. The more sources the better. Swellnets work with The Shark Island Challenge cam was excellent though. :D

reggie

Post by reggie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:46 am

wouldnt you be pissed off too if someone was copying your work and reaping the rewards?

dribzy, why would you suggest giving costal watch abuse? doesnt seem to me that they've done anything wrong... maybe you should be giving your mate ben and the rest of swellnet abuse!

'coastal watch jealousy' is just ridicoulous. why not 'swellnet are ripping off coastal watch'...

i see no jealousy from coastalwatch, just their anger at being ripped off...

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:51 am

snellnet in my view is better than coastal watch but coastalwatch i use more for long range swell guessing (5 days time) because i find swellnet does often get some of these wrong

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:56 am

They both work they're both fine, but CW has same report for every Sydney beach.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:25 am

Both have a Ben reporting???

thermalben
charger

Post by thermalben » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:04 pm

reggie wrote:wwhy not 'swellnet are ripping off coastal watch'...
I can assure you personally that no-one from Swellnet copied any information from Coastalwatch. I actually do the Gold Coast reports myself (and take the daily pics), and have done so every day for the last three years, without fail. I uploaded Tuesday's report as per usual around 6:40am, and then verified Blainey's report and photo (he's our Sunshine Coast reporter) around 7am. I then legged it to the Cooly airport to catch a flight to Sydney, where I spent most of the day working on a Red Bull documentary with Tom Carroll (got home about 11pm Tues night).

To insinuate that we'd plagarise their content is laughable. What would be the point in both Blainey and I walking to the beach, spending 10-15 minutes taking pics, walking home, photoshopping the images, and uploading to the Swellnet server - only to then copy two sentences from our main competitor's website for the written component?

It is unfortunate that Coastalwatch have decided to attack us publically in this manner, and may be related to an incident 18 months ago where text was copied from Swellnet and used on Coastalwatch's website without permission.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm

thermalben wrote:
I can assure you personally that no-one from Swellnet copied any information from Coastalwatch. I actually do the Gold Coast reports myself (and take the daily pics), and have done so every day for the last three years, without fail. I uploaded Tuesday's report as per usual around 6:40am, and then verified Blainey's report and photo (he's our Sunshine Coast reporter) around 7am. I then legged it to the Cooly airport to catch a flight to Sydney, where I spent most of the day working on a Red Bull documentary with Tom Carroll (got home about 11pm Tues night).

To insinuate that we'd plagarise their content is laughable. What would be the point in both Blainey and I walking to the beach, spending 10-15 minutes taking pics, walking home, photoshopping the images, and uploading to the Swellnet server - only to then copy two sentences from our main competitor's website for the written component?

It is unfortunate that Coastalwatch have decided to attack us publically in this manner, and may be related to an incident 18 months ago where text was copied from Swellnet and used on Coastalwatch's website without permission.
so they copied u and said u copied them :?

insomniac
regular

Post by insomniac » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:25 pm

thermalben wrote:

then why did it mention coastal watch in the swellnet report???????