New Shark Shield design

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

wayback
regular

New Shark Shield design

Post by wayback » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:36 pm

Anyone seen pics of the new Shark Shield design? It's not on their website but they sent me an email about it - so I guess quite a few people must have got it too. Looks a bit cumbersome, but better than the previous version. Might get in the way though, and at 400g could also affect the balance of a board. Any opinions?

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:09 pm

I'm not a fan, does it not attract before repelling? How do you know when the battery dies?

wayback
regular

Post by wayback » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:29 pm

MODERATORS: If it's not appropriate to post this info, please remove. Thanks.

This is the email they sent me, but I can't extract the pics - they're not attachments. Also, they're not on their website. Basically, the unit fits under the kicker of your tailpad, if you can visualise it. (The price might give you a heart attack before the shark could get you):

You recently requested to be kept up to date with developments on the new Surfing Shark Shield™.

Below are some pic’s of the final design that’s about to go into production…..and we’re excited!!!

Some of the Key Features are:
Unit weight under 400gms (excluding antenna – which is neutrally buoyant in the water)
6 hours plus run time!
Mounting plate replaces Deck Grip kicker, so the unit doesn’t interfere with your foot position.
You can still get access to your leg rope plug, or attach the leg rope to the unit.

Pre-Order for September release - It’s taken a bit longer to develop than we thought….but it’s worth the wait!

E-mail us at [email protected] if you’d like to pre-order. Supply is going to be limited, so get in early.

Recommended Retail Price is AUD$696….but you don’t need to pay anything until we are ready to ship.

Please pass this onto your mates so they can get on board and we can make surfing safer for everyone.

Also, HELP Dispel the Myth……there is R&B floating around that Shark Shield™ attracts sharks to the area and then deters them from those wearing a Shark Shield™……its just that…a myth.
Visit this link SeaChange™Technology - Shark Shield™ - Frequently Asked Questions to understand why.

Dribzy
regular

Post by Dribzy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:26 pm

fuck paying 700 bucks i would rather take my chances

dreamin
regular

Post by dreamin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:12 pm

you'd be pissed if you bought one.. lost track of time while you were out there & got eaten after your 6 hours was up.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:30 pm

wayback, I'd like to see those images, can you please forward the email to streetdaddy at gmail dot com, or open the email, press PrtScn on your keyboard and then paste the screenshot from your clipboard into Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint), Photoshop or whatever and then save it and post it here for us to see :)