Surfit.com.au repeating photo's......WTF?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Surfit.com.au repeating photo's......WTF?

Post by halfy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:04 pm

Surfit.com.au constantly does this and it annoy's (spelling) the hell out of me. most often than not i will read the realsurf posts by Don and the goat too get an idea of whats in store but sometimes words just dont do justice, or more often than not, i'm too lazy to read them, so i go to Surfit.com for a few shots of the conditions.
Cos i surf whaley fairly often, and theres no post for whaley, i check out the shots that they have available. Lo and Behold my friends, i have seen the same shot probably 4 to 5 times within the period of about 4 weeks. just this week alone i have seen another shot of the wedge with the same caption reading "A few OK shifting lumpy peaks at the wedge" about 3 times. whats the deal here?
yeah its fair enough if they dont upload their servers or whatever, but it just arks me that i see the same picture 3 days running.

anyway, what are your thoughts on this people. and if there's anyone here from surfit who feels this is unjustified or whatver, speak up. im interested to hear what others have to say about this becuase im sure im not the only one who has noticed it.

peace

fong

Post by fong » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 am

they very rarely seem to update there photos of ANY SPOTS.

but there reports are some the best :shock:

i've actually had a dummy spit at them once about having the same " latest surfing news" story sitting there 4 weeks

they apolagize and change it quick :shock: than left that story there 4 months :lol:

it's a good site :arrow: i guess just bit quirky....i can handle that :wink:

razorback
Grommet

Post by razorback » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:53 am

That sites gone down the shita, It used to have 3-4 reports a week on contests etc. He would do daily updates on the tour events now theres non. He used to be at every LRSA taking photos etc now it's Matt doing that when he's there...

Kashy
regular

Post by Kashy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Gave up on Surfit along time ago.
HaVe A Nice DaY ... ;)

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:43 pm

same goes kashy.

im over it they had the same dy photo for a week accep i hardly visit so i didnt know and was lieks hit year its pumping get down and its 2 foot slop :cry: still had some fun shorey bashing though.

pooshkie
regular

Post by pooshkie » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:31 pm

are you paying for surfit.com..........
go check the surf yourself u lazy idiot.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:39 pm

just my 2 cents mate saying i dont check it and left a story bout it. dont get angry bout this stuff ...

altho on a positive i won a comp on there got some cool stuff frm that 8)

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:29 pm

We covered this last year. I posted I saw myself 2 times in 3 weeks paddling out next to the rowing boat in the same position where I hadn't been to the beach those days. The guy form SUrfit responded with well hey it's a one man show, so a lot of beaches are file photos like you see on the news on TV

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Post by halfy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:57 pm

didn't really pay much attention last year mate, and im certainly not trawling through the files to check if anyones raised this issue before. as i said, i'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed it. (thought i'd covered myself from that angle)

how do u mean file photo's? like they just get an old shot and whack it up. pretty bogus job there.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:36 pm

halfy wrote:didn't really pay much attention last year mate, and im certainly not trawling through the files to check if anyones raised this issue before. as i said, i'm sure i'm not the only one who noticed it. (thought i'd covered myself from that angle)

how do u mean file photo's? like they just get an old shot and whack it up. pretty bogus job there.
Yep
Like footage from Iraq, it ain't taken today unless it's something special.
With the surf shots, sure it looks kinda like that??? You take 15 shots of each beach and that should cover it generally. I used to check it deciding whether to shortboard or mal it and gave up. Having said that Newport pic was real the day Freshie was a file pic.
No need to trawl through topics that one would be on page 256 or something, wasn't bagging you mate