CELL

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

stoive
barnacle

CELL

Post by stoive » Mon May 22, 2006 8:55 pm

Are The Quiksilver Cell Base 3/2 Steamers reliable?

comments from anyone whos had one please

Thanks

pooshkie
regular

Post by pooshkie » Mon May 22, 2006 9:34 pm

over the past 2 yrs the cell has gone from been a fairly good wettie to a great wettie. ive seen the new range and theres a few little mods they have done to them to stop damage and increase comfort.
when they first came out i got one and the main shit thing about it was the rubber over the shoulders which would be crap for paddling in and corroded eventually. its been changed to all neoprene and has seels around the arms, legs and arms.
ive got last yrs model and its great definatly worth the money.
if something does go wrong with it, it would usually be fixed without you been charged and i think there is a 1 yr warranty... might be lifetime on the seams not sure

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 pm

I personally would say quiky make the best best wetty on the aussie market, when taking into account cost and style!

Im sponsored by another wetty company, but if i wasnt id be wearing the CELL for sure. Hands down.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue May 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Got one from outlet Birken Head Pnt under $200 real deal and great....they don't have any left (as of 2 weeks ago) so check out sponsors ad and other stores unless you want to risk a trip that far, but I would recommend them.

iliketoboogy
regular

Post by iliketoboogy » Tue May 23, 2006 8:24 pm

im probly getting a steemer in a week. i had a look at QC3 and C6 looks good its just im the size inbetween a ML and a L so its hard to get a good fit

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

iliketoboogy wrote:its just im the size inbetween a ML and a L so its hard to get a good fit
I had that problem on the other end - I'm tall and skinny, so an L was the right body size but too short, an XL was the right height but too loose round the armpits, but a MT was perfect.

Maybe an LS (Large short) would be the go?

Check the sizing chart on the BillyBong wetsuit range - they have the ideal sizes listed by body mass and height. QS seems to follow the same standard with their sizing.

Alvin
Grommet

Post by Alvin » Wed May 24, 2006 8:36 am

They are good, but not without their faults.

They're comfortable, really flexible and pretty warm. Over the last few years, they've definitely ironed out some of the problems they had, but the knee-pads/joints still aren't quite right. I find the pad doesn't sit over my knee, and not sure why, but I find the legs don't stay in place...I'm forever pulling it up, or pushing it back down, especially on my front leg. I know in 6 months time, the knee will be delaminating again, just like my old Cells.

All that having been said, Quiksilver are excellent with customer service and will replace it if anything goes wrong...I've just had my 3rd wetsuit in as many years - bought the first one, then had the 2nd two free...obviously doesn't say much for the suit's durability but if they keep replacing it with a new model, who's complaining? Plus it looks like they've changed a few of the things that went wrong last year (rubber on shoulders wearing thru).

Off subject, anyone got any idea of what the water temp is like in Margaret River right now? Would a 3/2 Cell do the job?
vortex wrote:So 'Alvin', if that is your real name, when you can backflip above Shar Island's dry end section, surge, when its pushing 8 foot, then i might consider taking you seriously when you say sponging is 'easy'.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed May 24, 2006 10:38 am

I have been wearing Cell steamers for past few seasons. As far as comfort and warmth go they are the best wetties I have used.

Only thing is that I find these wetties do not last. ie materials wear fairly easlily. That said I think comfort and warmth are more important.

Like anything from Quicksilver, you also pay a premium for the logo. The only thing I would buy from Quicksilver would be a wettie.

On another note, one thing that really got on my goat was when Surfection was purchased by the big Quicksilver empire. Now all they try and flog you is Quicksilver products. While this is understandable to a degree, I will never shop in one of those stores again. I wanted to puchase a pair of booties and the guy in the store did nothing but try and talk me into the Quicksilver booties at $30 more. When I decided on an alternative brand (better and cheaper) it was like he got p*ssed off at me.