North Coast

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

JaxonB
regular

North Coast

Post by JaxonB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Ok, just to get a few things out in the open so this thread makes sense, i need to get out of sydney, its nothing criminal or anything, just personal issues. Just need less hassles, and to restart my life so to speak.

Problem, i dont know where the hell to go. If someone out there has good knowledge of the coast (talking anywhere inbetween newy and say byron), where is a good town, not MASSIVE but not tiny, where there is good a good beach/s, reef/s, young people to make friends with, opportunities for work (I work in landscaping, but anything in a trade), reasonably close decent shops, etc etc.

thanks guys, all help appreciated.

Poorboy
regular

Post by Poorboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:15 pm

Pick a town on the map then mate there all pretty good and most of em have top surifng spots but sorry i'm not telling were i'm headed for retirement...
:twisted:
My eyes bleed when the sun shines....

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Cant blame you for wanting to get out of the shitfight that is Sydney. You may have to settle in a larger regional town to get a bit of work or somewhere that might be undergoing a bit of development. Its a lot better up North though.

JaxonB
regular

Post by JaxonB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:38 pm

Poorboy wrote:Pick a town on the map then mate there all pretty good and most of em have top surifng spots but sorry i'm not telling were i'm headed for retirement...
Nah not wanting to know surf spots, just places to move :wink:

dont want heaps of kooks coming in here tellin me the same old "stop spreading info on spots" arguement.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Coffs, Port MacQuarrie, Foster.

roosters
regular

Post by roosters » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:18 pm

coffs is a shithole!

sawtell is really nice

then youve got yamba...but your probably about 10 years too late on that one.

Poorboy
regular

Post by Poorboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:33 pm

Kooks eh I travel the east coast once a month mate stopping in most coastal towns so i'm like a bit of an expert on the smaller coastal towns and i was just saying its a big world out there pick a spot on the map and try it out if ya don't like it try another one
Get the picture?
My eyes bleed when the sun shines....

JaxonB
regular

Post by JaxonB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:42 pm

Poorboy wrote:Kooks eh I travel the east coast once a month mate stopping in most coastal towns so i'm like a bit of an expert on the smaller coastal towns and i was just saying its a big world out there pick a spot on the map and try it out if ya don't like it try another one
Get the picture?
Yea im not flaming you ok, just warning people not to post if they are gonna come in here and give me the cliche arguement about spots, cos thats not what im asking, and i dont want to read through a whole heap of junk, just looking for real answers.

Probably wouldnt be interested in port or coffs, just looking on a coastal map i have right now.

Local

Post by 2260 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 pm

i know where i would go - crescent , may be a bit quiet for your liking, only one decent reef but plenty of killer beachies, chilled atmosphere and a nice pub

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:31 pm

If your'e a landscaper you need to find a developing residential area of fair size. Unfortunately Coffs, Port Macquarie, Forster and Byron fit the bill most. The big unknown is how much competition you will have for work.

With Byron there is a risk that the greenies will curtail residential development.

You may be interested to know that Coffs has a much higher than state average for childhood cancers. Pesticides ?

Have you considered southern WA between Rockingham and Margaret River? The economy's booming. And the surf can get good there too.

JaxonB
regular

Post by JaxonB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:45 pm

2260 wrote:i know where i would go - crescent , may be a bit quiet for your liking, only one decent reef but plenty of killer beachies, chilled atmosphere and a nice pub
been to crescent, its good, i liked it, dont mind quiet, just want a place that would have people to make friends with and things to do when its flat

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Re: North Coast

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:54 pm

JaxonB wrote:Ok, just to get a few things out in the open so this thread makes sense, i need to get out of sydney, its nothing criminal or anything, just personal issues. Just need less hassles, and to restart my life so to speak.

Problem, i dont know where the hell to go. If someone out there has good knowledge of the coast (talking anywhere inbetween newy and say byron), where is a good town, not MASSIVE but not tiny, where there is good a good beach/s, reef/s, young people to make friends with, opportunities for work (I work in landscaping, but anything in a trade), reasonably close decent shops, etc etc.

Don't go to nelson bay, its a shithole, shitty surf no young people and hardly any jobs so dont bother

reggie

Post by reggie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:37 pm

One Mile Point wrote:
JaxonB wrote:Ok, just to get a few things out in the open so this thread makes sense, i need to get out of sydney, its nothing criminal or anything, just personal issues. Just need less hassles, and to restart my life so to speak.

Don't go to nelson bay, its a shithole, shitty surf no young people and hardly any jobs so dont bother
you coulda just said you lived there - probably would have been more effective if you dont want him coming up :lol:

I am looking for a move also, but it'll be in syd :cry: cos of the type of work i'll do... I just need more $$ first lol

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 pm

reggie wrote:
One Mile Point wrote: Don't go to nelson bay, its a shithole, shitty surf no young people and hardly any jobs so dont bother
you coulda just said you lived there - probably would have been more effective if you dont want him coming up :lol:
:lol: QFT

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:51 pm

JaxonB wrote:Probably wouldnt be interested in port or coffs, just looking on a coastal map i have right now.
Trouble with those spots is the odd deviant characters you may come across.

Seriously though, Evans Head might be an option.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:24 pm

I thought you were looking for somewhere with some job prospects. Try Brisbane.
The one thing you can guarantee is that you wont be the first to blow in and if you don't like it lots of luck returning to Sydney :?

Everyone complains about Sydney then they go and root up everywhere else. :lol: :lol:
Brisbane is safe. Its allready rooted :lol: :lol:

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:17 am

try round nambucca heads and a little south. at the moment apart from seals id love to live at hat head. awesome vibe, close to big centres ands its just a beautiful spot. the point can get pretty awesome aswell. and for those who think im givin away a gem, go eat a d#ck, any place that has a directional sign to it from the pacific highway is not a secret, nor semi-secret spot.

but yeh go it for sure.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:16 am

No offence but I would go mad living at Hat Head. Too small for the long term if you are young. How about up around the Tweed Coast like Kingscliff or Cabarita. Not far from the Goldy if you want entertainment and large shops but not the Byron tourist thing.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."