MERRY XMAS

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Bear
barnacle

MERRY XMAS

Post by Bear » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:32 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND ALL THAT STUFF!

I wish everyone a safe, fun and party-filled Chrissy period! I hope santa is good to you and I hope by 9 oclock your in a blissful alcohol induced euphoria!

Cheers
Bear

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:56 am

thanks everyone have a merry chrissy

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:52 pm

Yeah Merry Christmas all,

be safe in your travels
and I hope you score barrels :wink:

See ya when I get back from the Goldie,

Chris

vb
Local

Post by vb » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Yeah merry xmas to all ....
Bear, I note on a couple of other threads from time to time you're into Greek archaeology (spelling?). Went to the Ionian Islands a couple of years back and was showed a site on northern Ithaca ... big excitement when they first found it as they thought it might have been the old holy grail ... ie Odysseus' castle. Unfortunately it pre-dated the Homer time-frame by a couple of thousand tears. Anyway, there was a crusty old custodian there who pretended he didn't speak English until he found out we were from Sydney. The first question he asked sorta took me back a bit (considering the remoteness and antiquity of the surrounds) ie "What do you think of Tim Sheens coaching Balmain'' ....
Pretty small world I guess (in both time and place)

roosters
regular

Post by roosters » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:43 pm

bear you down at the cloey last night?

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:40 pm

You know what mate I drove past clovelly last night and had a look at it. It was thumbing when i drove past! How did you know I might be in that area?

Its amazing how many Australian Greeks and Greek Australians there are. If you go to Greece often they will know someone who lives in Sydney or Melbourne and I have had many times where they have brought out photo albums of thier family in Australia!
If anyone finds anything that is possibly a large building or a palace in any place that is in the Illiad they always think it has something to do with Homer! Rarely true and we dont know if any of those people eg Achilles odysseus etc even existed...

Stay groovy people!

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:48 pm

What a suprise this morning was. Had one of the best sessions in a long time! Couldnt ask for a better xmas present...merry xmas all.