Major gripe ... not surfing related but ....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Should Guy Sebastian & Shannon Noll be ____??

Yes
17%
Yes, & i would like to do it.
50%
No
13%
No, i am INSANE & think they are really great.
21%

Total votes: 24

pig champion
Local

Major gripe ... not surfing related but ....

Post by pig champion » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:16 pm

i just have to get this out!

why the fark must my senses be insulted by the absolute idiocy that is Shannon Noll & Guy Sebastian from Australian Idol??? this is driving me nuts.

this is a sad indication of where society is headed. we are being force-fed so-called "stars" at an alarming rate. popstars, australian idol, blah, blah, blah. it drives me INSANE!

what are all your thoughts on this?? am i alone here??

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:26 pm

Well, as a muso who tried endlessly to make it here in Sydney/Australia as a professional, and who never got a recording contract, even after packing out pubs, having our music played on JJJ and MMM and 96.1, even after our film clip got spun on rage, MTV, Channel V, it shits me to tears to see these pr1cks go on a tv show and become overnight successes. Now I am not doubting that they are talented, but how many songs have they released that they have written themselves? Covers, covers and more covers. I HATE IT!!!

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:48 pm

both should be flogged to within an inch of their lives......totally sh!tehouse.......

I was in the new Virgin Megastore on George Street, coupla weeks before Xmas, purchasing some Jack Johnson and Pete Murray.......when finally making it to the front of the queue to pay for the aforementioned, the pizza faced Doris behind the till asked me if I liked Guy Sebastian :x
I informed her I thought he ought to me publicly shot, the poor chick almost burst into tears on the spot :lol: obviously a fan.......

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Just came back from HMV...They're now flogging that World Idol winner.....in OZ......WTF
"Stay happy and everything will be just fine....." Jack Norris

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:00 pm

guys, i had to change the wording of the poll.
could you refrain from refering to killing people in future?
thanks

Chonie

Post by Chonie » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:04 pm

I'm a fan of Guy. The only song i like so far is Angels Brought Me Here.
I think the other songs he is bringing out lately have done NO justice what-so-ever to his talent.
I've heard him sing a few times over the past few years and he is quite talented. Great vocal range.
Don't shoot the singer, shoot the media who want to hype and make money on talent. It doesn't make him any less of a great musician.

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:32 pm

Chonie wrote:I'm a fan of Guy. The only song i like so far is Angels Brought Me Here.
I think the other songs he is bringing out lately have done NO justice what-so-ever to his talent.
I've heard him sing a few times over the past few years and he is quite talented. Great vocal range.
Don't shoot the singer, shoot the media who want to hype and make money on talent. It doesn't make him any less of a great musician.
guy sebastian is a musician?? exactly what instrument does he play?? from what i can tell he is allegedly a "vocalist" .... even that is questionable.

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:34 pm

marcus wrote:guys, i had to change the wording of the poll.
could you refrain from refering to killing people in future?
thanks
ARGH! this makes me so angry i could ki .... oops ... ummm .... it really makes me want to go & pick some flowers in the sunshine!!!

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:41 pm

death is too nice... prelonged torture would give me much more satisfaction, that warm fuzzy feeling of contributing to the greater good.

But what methods are befitting of two such painfully crap entertainers?

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:52 pm

streetdaddy wrote:death is too nice... prelonged torture would give me much more satisfaction, that warm fuzzy feeling of contributing to the greater good.

But what methods are befitting of two such painfully crap entertainers?
i would like to strap both of them to a chair with headphones taped to their heads blasting either black flag or poison idea .... i reckon a few hours of these hardcore legends would sort em right out.

i can just see it now .... you like that fro-boy??

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:47 pm

marcus - having a problem with killing is fine but for those 2 ya just gotta make some secial considerations. come on now i know u would luv ta break their legs just as much as anyone in here. accually id rahter rip their vocal chords out. not like they work any good or anythin

Philthy

Post by Philthy » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:10 pm

While these two so-call ’Idols’ are manufactured stars they really have targeted their music (sic) at the prepubescent teenybopper demographic. Like most reality TV it’s been dumb downed for the masses. I reckon their 15 minutes of fame will end real soon….just look at those ‘stars’ from the first Big Brother – faded into obscurity………………

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:15 pm

nup, don't like 'em either!!!

hey, hedgehog - which band was that ?
hey streetdaddy - how do you know I drop in on boogers?

it's karaoke at it's worst, a real insult to creative musicians with original ideas & artistic talent.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:03 pm

rememba that band from the 2nd popstars? scandalus or watever godforsaken name they were given? they ad ONE song then disappeared back to flippin' burgers 4 a living. (well i assume so...)

i never listen 2 radio. thank god i was introduced into the whole sorta jack johnson, g love, ben harper music. saviours. although they may not all have the singing talent their music sure does kick ass

kneelo1

Post by kneelo1 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:07 pm

kill yourself - your part of the society that sucks up to this shite. These guys are innocent in most respects and that's about all you can say. Stop watching all reality TV these days and you might as well give the set a toss. I hate it so I simply won't watch network TV as a policy.

Rothers
Local

Post by Rothers » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:15 pm

I don't dislike them, but I HATE THEIR MUSIC