Major gripe ... not surfing related but ....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Should Guy Sebastian & Shannon Noll be ____??

Yes
17%
Yes, & i would like to do it.
50%
No
13%
No, i am INSANE & think they are really great.
21%

Total votes: 24

KneeboardsRus

Post by KneeboardsRus » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:50 am

keep seeing these tossers everywhere..
The plus side is they will be fogotten by the end of the year
The down side.. they will be replaced by equally annoying useless singers promoted by popstars or idol2 or whatever...

These complete wankers are taking the focus away from real musicians ...

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:10 am

KneeboardsRus wrote:
These complete wankers are taking the focus away from real musicians ...
rus, if this were the truth, it would be the good news mate. but in reality the 'mainstreams' focus is rarely, if ever on the best musicians. you see the sad fact is that most crew are just marshmallow heads and only like what the tv or magazines or whatever tell them they should like. and the media will never tell you to like any artist with any sort of artistic credibilty. because these artists are basicaly unmouldable and will resist becoming a cheap comodity. and mate i say let the pea brains have thier drivel, cause f@#k, i dont wanna go to my favorite bands gig and have the audience full of suits who just wanna hear 'that' song and will stand there like statues for the rest of the hour. they can f@#k off and go to an idol shopping centre appearance or a backstreet boys show cause i wanna go spastic at a concert and i want the WHOLE concert goin spastic with me.........um sorry, i got a bit fired up at the end there eh! but you get the point dont ya?.....

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:27 am

Nubby, couldn't have said it better myself mate!! Well said, keep on rockin.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:51 am

Well, I'm just hanging out for the new reality show, "Queer backyard resort idol". Shannon, wearing a tank top, sings covers of Aussie Ballads at the female staff in an attempt to bed one of them in a timber slat bed he has just 20 minutes to build. Meanwhile Guy, fearing a life in purgatory fends off sexual advances from the buffed Danny, while the other gay resort staff critique his water feature.

roosters
regular

Post by roosters » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:52 pm

thats right
im sure if the context of the situation was changed to something like surfing
alot of the people on this site would audition

its not their fault they won, its not their fault they have ambitions
as the person above said blame the companies which continue to drain every last penny out of the show and the singers

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:14 pm

dug, that idea is CLASSIC.....oh man, i wouldnt be suprised if its in the pipeline huh.........and wanto and roosters, im not even havin a go at the idols themselfs, all of them are just grabbin at an opportunity. but im havin a BIG go at all the couch whales that suck in the plankton that is pumped out the TV and radio like a vacuum with two legs and believe it is great. if no one watched this crud, it would not succeed. like big brother would not be the 'phenomenon' it is without the legions of lemmings who adore these people for doin nothing other than standing infront of a camera. but like i said uptop, this isnt really a bad thing because in the words of kurt cobain "i think mr and mrs redneck should put my record back on the shelf, they dont really deserve my music."

hammer time

Post by hammer time » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:17 am

haha. theres some angry folk in this forum.

yeh but i can't hack the commercial crap either or guy's moonhead.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:55 am

These guys should watch how much money they make. A lot of record companies actually expect money back after the album has made it to cover costs of promotional tours and recording studios. Noiseworks were one of our more well know acts and finished up oweing Warners money when they finished up. As for their fame. As someone said before, the true test is where they are and what they have done in ten years time.
I also reckon getting teens to phone in to get there choice to win is wrong. How many kids are struggling with debt from credit cards and phone bills before they even leave school. Not a great way to start you working life, in debt cause you voted for some television revenue raising pop star.
Can I also bag the rap crap which seems to be on the charts according to rage. Who the hell buys all that crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roosters
regular

Post by roosters » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:37 pm

mate eminem is one of the best artists going around today

sure he is over the top with some of the things he says

but if you read and then understand what he is saying then you will realise that bloke is truely a genius

just my opinion