Best Kebab Shops

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beaver
regular

Re: Best Kebab Shops

Post by Beaver » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Kebab shop at Macquarie uni is one of my favs.. that place is a life saver between lectures..

Will have to agree on Chickens plus.. phenomenal Burgers.

It was amazing traveling through western/eastern Europe and then throughout turkey seeing just how many different types of food could be classified as a kebab.. or more commonly spelled kebap.

I ate kebabs on a stick.. kebabs spread out on a plate.. kebabs in a bread roll and even kebabs in a giant pottery vase i had to break open with a sword.. called testi kebabs.

The diversity of ingredients was equally interesting.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 am

Cringilla. Jumbo kebab. Needs 2 wrappers. Feel like you've eaten lead its that heavy in your guts. Best. The best kebabs are from dodgy looking shops, and if the guy speaks fluent english, DON"T buy from them.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Nothing good ever came out of cringilla, it is the epicenter of bogan australia.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Havent read the whole thread so apologies if it's been mentioned

Byron Bay Kebabs. I live off the Fallafal kebabs when im there, my record is four in a day....just like a party in your mouth

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Nothing good ever came out of cringilla, it is the epicenter of bogan australia.

Hence the excellent kebabs. Though it's more appropriate to say "New australian" bogans.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:38 am

I actually had a surprisingly tasty one from the place upstairs at Bondi Junction Plaza :shock:
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:43 am

Apologise also but Abdul's on the corner of Cleveland and Bourke(?I think?) streets takes a hell of a lot to beat.

Been reviving drunken idiots for a generation with allah's own falafels

3 prong
Grommet

Post by 3 prong » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 am

Agree the shop between the steyne and brighton in the corso does a good kebab ..just make sure to keep it together if its late and your "tired and emotional" cause i've seen the owner twice chase people down the corso with the knife used to carve off the meat..

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 am

Fatima on King St Newtown. A plate of your choices, say hot tho, if its the man serving, or else it will be luke warm.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 am

This one needs an update