Illegal fishing in australian waters

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grant Moss
Grommet

Post by Grant Moss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:22 pm

Eat humble pie, with respect to your scenario admit to me being a dichead, and offer my sincere apologies.
Get off the computer & go outside there's better things to do out there.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:25 pm

Grant Moss wrote:So what would you do Larry & RobbieG?

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. As long as my hairy ring points to the ground I will live up to my responsibility to continue to provide work for my employees. There's already enough "objective" ahsoles out there exporting our jobs and destroying the fabric of our society and for a few extra lousy bucks there's no way I'm selling my soul too.
Grant, your patriotism and ideology are to be commended.

However, if you continue to have such an inflexible view, you might find that some other clever bugger will underquote you & eventually force you out of business.

Then there will be 20 people out of work, not just 2.

Think about it.

snakes

christian
regular

Post by christian » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 pm

but on a serious note, what do you really think the navy force does do when there are no channel 9 people on board,they wouldn't fire warning shots and the first shot would go straigh at the boat, also that indonesian fisherman who set up spears would have most probably have been shot in the head, as if they wouldn't board that boat if he was trying to hide it that badly...
christian

seahag
regular

Post by seahag » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:42 pm

fbpq, this started off as a humour piece, right?
This is out and out vilification and is illegal, I believe.
We are entitled to our opinions but you have to take responsibility for the stuff you say and write.
Just remeber to keep learning when you finish school ok?
Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.
Chuck Norris

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:35 pm

Illegal fishing is not right.

Doesn't matter if it's up North, down Antartica, illegal nets or just mere citizens of NSW who don't hold a recreational licence. (cough)

Or people who insist on taking shellfish from Aquatic Reserves.

Obviously there's degrees.

I don't mind the idea of blowing the hull out, they'd soon drop their sticks on that note. Even more so whaling.

A long, long time ago, even before Larry was born, tribes used to go to war over territory and food resourses. Still do in parts of PNG. (or Irian Jaya, West Papua police state.)

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

That's what it's about, Fangula (sic) the racist shit.

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:54 pm

Boozer you've hit the nail on the head.

I don't fish illegally because, it just happens these charlies arent educated about the importance of ecosystem diversity but when you know your not meant to be doing it, theres obviously good reason behind it - the only way they will learn if they see their mates being blown out of the water.
munch wrote:
bondiboarder wrote:Im gonna board til im in a wheel chair
why don't you continue on after that, I mean it really doesn't matter does it, if your a cripple or not :?

thats pretty funn i must admit

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:04 pm

Thanks for the reply foamball - 17 years old and working your arse off -

Some of the blokes who wander by here from time to time are in year 45 of ' arse off working ' mate - so please pardon their patronising responses to your pubescent agonies....

being out there on your scobie malone is something else entirely - ask your dad

laz
Ok laz, school all day work most of the weekend, and 3 nights a week, just coz your a dole bludger that scabbed off your parent till you were 25 doesnt mean we are all like that.

If you think i am racist you are all totally mistaken considering one of my best mates is of asian descent and im mates with plenty of other asian descent people.
munch wrote:
bondiboarder wrote:Im gonna board til im in a wheel chair
why don't you continue on after that, I mean it really doesn't matter does it, if your a cripple or not :?

thats pretty funn i must admit

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 pm

foamballpilotqueen wrote: If you think i am racist you are all totally mistaken considering one of my best mates is of asian descent and im mates with plenty of other asian descent people.
LOL.

I love it when racists try & justify their comments with that line.

me - I hate everyone equally :lol:

snakes

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:44 pm

What's Mrs Fong gunna say after that one ?

Cheers big ears.

Eh' who's this white fella walkin inta camp ? What's up whitey ? Bang !!

Look hard please.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 pm

Johnno wrote:
Beanpole wrote:Its funny, communism collapses in Russia and they turn into a basket case economy. The same thing starts to happens in China and they become mega money makers.
We are just along for the ride as usual.
Communism is in full control of China, its just that taking over Hong Kong has given them a front door to the world...................... :idea:
Thanks Johnno, your right.
They just like looking a bit more democratic. Up with Taiwan :D
We just need to follow Peter Drouyn's lead and try to get more Chinese surfers in the line up :D

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 am

What this thread suggests to me, along w/ the recent pirate attack on the passenger ship, is the 800 lb. gorilla in the world's disco lounge: overpopulation.
I'm readin R. Hughes', "Fatal Shore," his descriptions of Oz's early days; seals and whales so thick it was hard to get a boat through in places, till they were slaughtered. Reminds me of early descriptions of America.
OK, some of youse are number crunchers, IT engineer type, etc., you do the math: As human population increases exponentially, resources will likewise decrease; eventually it's a mathematical certainty that our needs will outstrip the planet's ability to provide.
It seems obvious on the face of it, even a cursory examination of history will tell ya, we're usin this sh*t up quicker than it's able to heal back.
What to do?

Wanto donating his ring would be a huge 1st step, a noble example of surfer largesse and commitment. It would take heaps of pressure off the breeding stock :shock: :lol:

seriously, population planning is a huge issue.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:22 am

Mossy. . you're a legend son

Boozer .. I'm warning you!

FBPQ - keep it up mate, sounds like you've got a head start on life

over & out / laz

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 am

It's 5 o clock, before I leave work to go play ball with my boys, Ill say this: History, as far back as you care to look, offers up a malignant prophecy for the future. It's as though god is some kind of perverted trickster. I just carry on, 'thinking globally, acting locally,' the best I can, day to day. See youse later.

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:08 am

Any other cliches you wanna mention offshore........?

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:18 am

Watch the news any given night and there is not alot of happy smiling faces on it. Riots in France, nature continually hammering the yanks (karma). As Wanto said, we as a race need to change and until we all do it we ain't gonna fix anything.

Offshore1 quick question. If you left work at 5 oclock and that was your last post, where did it go until 9.07am when it made it onto the forums??????????? Strange times indeed my friends :roll:
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:39 am

Spoon wrote: Offshore1 quick question. If you left work at 5 oclock and that was your last post, where did it go until 9.07am when it made it onto the forums??????????? Strange times indeed my friends :roll:
U.S time ya goose :roll: :lol:

Dont you know ya mates in the forums...
Meataxe wrote:Vortex you're carrying on like the worst kind of moron. So stop being such a bitch.
vortex wrote: Eat sh1t and die.