BRING BACK THE BAD OL' DAYS

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:41 pm

baldric ya can never get tired of the fonz....one of the worlds true legends. i nominate him for nobel prize (although he has as much chance as stuey has of winning one for literature)

spotty
Local

Black Stump

Post by spotty » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:22 pm

kB wrote:Bring back sizzler! I have to go to QLD to get that now :(
Bugger Sizzler, bring back "Black Stump" restaurants.Oh and remove all those people who wear Tsubi jeans and trucker caps to the beach.
P.S. TUBE 5 EVERYTHING WAS GREAT IN THE 70'S. IT WAS DIFFERENT FOR SURE, BUT IT WAS MY CHILDHOOD AND I REMEMBER IT VERY FONDLY. AS FOR THE ITEMS YOU LISTED AS, UNDESIRABLE FASHION I GOTTA SAY, I AGREE... FOR NOW, BUT MY ADVICE IS DONT THROW IT OUT JUST YET, FASHIONS HAVE A WAY OF COMING BACK. IN ANY CASE IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING, (SURF), IN MINT CONDITION FROM THE 70'S OR EARLIER YOU WOULD BE WISE TO TREASURE IT.... OR NEGOTIATE A SALE WITH MYSELF OR ONE OF MY ASSOCIATES.
Last edited by spotty on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:37 pm

Nat was my hero when he handed over his Coke prizemoney to Gough....and his surfing in MOE was like an epiphany for me at the time!!

It's just that in the 30 years since that time, I have had the misfortune of surfing Angourie on several occasions when he has been out there and also hearing stories from mates and reading reports in various publications that have made me re-evaluate my ardour for "everything Nat" that I had in the early 70's....back then the bloke could do no wrong in my eyes.

So Squid, it's not that I didn't like him back in the "seventies"...quite the opposite really... it's just that today he is irrelevant to me and I do not miss his presence in my "naughties" surfing world!!

Unfortunately, being such an icon to me in my first years of surfing...he had the farthest to fall...and my current opinion of the bloke reflects that

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:09 pm

the kalakau kid wrote:sounds good anyway mate.

while we're at it, bring back twinfins, "the bert", coca cola skate teams, slalom skate contests, tab cola, export cola....
you've seen that Z-boys sk8 vid haven't ya, k kid !!!
cool isn't it!
great footage - i like the pool sk8 sessions...

twinnies with flyers, clinkers etc.
i had an old Shane kneelo, single keel that was over a foot deep, no legrope plug to be found...
yeah, table top games...
leaving towel & stuff on manly beach when going for a surf - and it still being there when you get back !!!!!

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:49 pm

Hey Chris,

it's probably your oldies your talkin about there that helped push the real estate prices through da roof. I have never been to Indo in my life man, not through lack of trying either. And I had to pack up and move AWAY from the beach, cause I couldn't afford to buy a house near there.....

Bunker Spreckels
Grommet

Post by Bunker Spreckels » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:22 pm

I miss my svelt tanned fcuking rich young beauty draped earthly body-and my 7'6" Brewer-where is that board, I know I left it around here somewhere.

Peace Out

spotty
Local

Harvey Keitel

Post by spotty » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:04 am

Bunker Spreckels wrote:I miss my svelt tanned fcuking rich young beauty draped earthly body-and my 7'6" Brewer-where is that board, I know I left it around here somewhere.

Peace Out
Yeah, when your nude and standing in front of the mirror these days, who do you see? Harvey Keitel i bet, (in "the Piano"). :oops:

Bunker Spreckels
Grommet

Re: Harvey Keitel

Post by Bunker Spreckels » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:24 pm

spotty wrote: Yeah, when your nude and standing in front of the mirror these days, who do you see? Harvey Keitel i bet, (in "the Piano"). :oops:
That brother has a body where I'm a headin'.

Peace Out

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:15 pm

the only thing i wanna bring back is our old bullet proof image as drug f#@ked, no-hoper, dole bludging, lay about, fringe dwellin loosers.......yeah, i know, its a cliche that will make you cringe into next week. but you have gotta say that it a zillion times better than....trendy, cool, healthy, fit, edgy, extreme..........f@#k sh#t f#@k i can remember when EVERYONE HATED SURFERS. this is what i want back.

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:19 pm

Last edited by baldric on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:03 pm

thankyou baldric, i feel much better. your a legend.

stuey

Post by stuey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:58 am

Fair dinkum Bubz yar spot on the money. Used ta be a great ol time when ya were scorned as bein some kinda low life with dee arse outa yar stridez. Hell, the current crop even brought back the word 'cool'! I thought that word was dead and buried. The current crew don't even know how ta use the word. Makes me cringe ta hear it, and creates and intstant lack o respect from me. By the way, I don't respect anyone anyway. hahahhah

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:34 am

Black Cat bubble gum where all the kids at school used to pretend to have a tooth missing instead of now I do have teeth missing.
Big Charlies
Datsun 1600's
Holden EH's
Bryants at Manly Vale for bands
Didis
Cheryl Ladd
Cheap petrol
Hell cheap everything
thai budda sticks