IS THE HURRICANE IN THE US KARMA????

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surfscracking
regular

IS THE HURRICANE IN THE US KARMA????

Post by surfscracking » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:59 pm

DO YOU THINK THAT THE OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ARE SUFFERING THE FULL FORCE OF MOTHER NATURES POWER DUE TO GEORGE BUSH BEING THE LEADER (KARMA FOR ELECTING A FOOL SO TO SPEAK)??? :shock:

No attacks on others opinions on this one, just an opinion will do, as I don't want to start a realsurf war . If I only I knew how to do one of those poll votes.......... :roll:

Billwha
Grommet

Post by Billwha » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:03 pm

stupidest post i've seen for a while . . . did you see any rich white people get smashed by that first hurricane?

vb
Local

Post by vb » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:11 pm

dunno, but there's a great pic of Dubya taken from a news grab during Katrina. There's his head and underneath the text bar saying BUSH: GREATEST NATURAL DISASTER EVER TO HIT THE US. TV employee either forgot to put the quote marks in or did it on purpose.

surfscracking
regular

Post by surfscracking » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Stupid as stupid is Bill. It is not a black and white subject.. it will open up some interesting opinions.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 pm

Maybe because the iraq war or maybe that america (not including NGA's) donated the lowest amount to tsunami victims until everyone realised the richest country was doing this so then they finally donated an even amount

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:22 pm

If it was Karma it would not have struck the urban poor of the south.

"What justice is there in a society where John Lennon is dead and Margaret Thatcher lives".

surfscracking
regular

Post by surfscracking » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:23 pm

Interesting point damm it. This is what I was after.

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:26 pm

There created by east flowing trade winds that are disturb by the mountains of central africa.
These distrubances (or wind waves if u will) move in the warm waters of the atlanic where the hurricane is spawned.
/fact
So in a way they can blame africa, "nuke there mountains I say"
/note carcasim

surfscracking
regular

Post by surfscracking » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:29 pm

.Maybe he could open up his ranch to all the people headed his way and tell them stories by the camp fire on all the great things he is doing for the world. The enviroment, donating to charities, al the things he does really well...Yeah right.....

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Finally a topic worth having a rant about.

Some people might think Karma is reason. It is good to see Bushys credibility going down shit creek after the recent events. But we can't really perceive it as Karma and go state "sucked in" when over a million innocent citizens have lost their precious lives.

This culminating are horrors are actually due to something we have turned our ignorant backs on. Thats right global warming & theel nino effect. With the higher water temperatures around the gulf caused by global warming & el nino, it has fueled & enhanced the hurricanes. The water is evaporated i think & fuels the pressure systems. The more moisture in the air results in more heavy rainfall, causing flooding. I didn't pick up on the full story this morning, but i have heard it before in class.
You might want to listen next time in geography

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:48 pm

I am wondering if we are seeing a repeat of the roman empire here...
Basically in history and archaeology some of the people who do it try to predict modern day events via ancient history. Its actually a type of maths where events etc have a mathematical equation which can be duplicated... interesting stuff

Anyways one of the big points is that America is similar to the roman empire, in the sense that it has grown very very quickly and has expanded it borders (In this sense army is around the world etc etc) to the point where people are starting to rebel from it... eg terror attacks etc.

One of the big problems with Katrina was that soldiers and money were going to iraq and not looking at home. It hits and you have a few thousand dead but what happens is the economy and structure begin to fall..

If this cyclone hits the states the question is can america keep on bouncing back from these attacks, natural and physical... also places like china and a lot of asian cities etc etc are growing.. perhaps soon the world will look to them...

Bush is the perfect example of the idiotic emperors of rome, a man who will spread influence too far, will create a great image for himself yet it a complete nutjob...

Anyways just thought id add to this all...

unmployed
Grommet

Post by unmployed » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:49 pm

i dont know how bush got voted in again............ but the australians voted howard again, we are following americas trend of destroying our own country through politics

reeflingo
Grommet
Location: Where ever theres a sucky, hollow, perfect, peeling wave

Post by reeflingo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:23 pm

its nothing to do with "karma", its purely to do with human activity and the atmosphere being far ked up by all the emissions from fossil fuels. also its just nature and i think mother natures real pissed off lately the way people are treating its earth.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm

unmployed wrote:i dont know how bush got voted in again............ but the australians voted howard again, we are following americas trend of destroying our own country through politics
better then mark lathem

plan b
regular

Post by plan b » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:52 pm

why help never turned up

austeve
regular

Post by austeve » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:02 pm

A mate & I have discussed what Bear has posted numerous times since 9/11 occured & both agree that all great empires eventually fall usually from within.Because they piss enough of the smaller people off eventually their dominance is chipped away & it all collapses ( Soviet Union & communism for eg). If the Seppo's keep getting these body blows to their economy I reckon it will only fasten their demise , altough I think I'd prefer them to China to be most powerful.Anyway it is an interesting discussion on the state of the world ........ who knows maybe The Ashes was the start of a Pommy resurgence ... :shock: