Surf Rage

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Pixelmin
Grommet

Surf Rage

Post by Pixelmin » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Yeah, Yeah, It's my first post to this site but you gotta start somewhere.
Anyway was thinkin bout fights in the surf,we all heard about the
"Nat Attack" at ANGA a few years back, I saw in the late 90's an orange haired Asian paddle up to a grom at greenmount,pull a 4 inch blade out of his wettie and stab the little bugga in the arse. I think the story made a tracks issue. You guy's got any nasty stories to tell.
There thats my first post outta the way.
cheers all. :twisted:

DaveK
Grommet

Post by DaveK » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:05 am

Well hell, today's the day for first posts. Hi Pixelmin, cute.

I lived in WA for a fair while, never saw so much aggro as on the Perth metro beaches, summer and winter. Plenty of room too, so there was no need for it.
Westies all.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Hi your avartior looks like it's from Terence & Philip.
I grewup in Perth too. didn't see to much crap around Cables/Leighton back then, but that was the 70's. Have seen a bit at DY and some from a srange guy with one eye that hoggs every wave @ Freshie (albeit he's a good surfer) but threatening 12 yo kids who venture out too far before their time (and skill level) isn't on!
Most of them I have a quiet chat to about the "road rules" and that how they learn - just threatening their little bottoms with the insertion of their soft top doesn't cut it
Never confuse ambition with ability

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:24 pm

haha knife in the ass.. brillllliant

emm.. wats ANGA?

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:13 pm

Angourie :roll:

i too have copped some out there :roll: :roll:
Ka ChInG !!!!!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:34 pm

ive only been there for one session, but the worst thing i witnissed was a guy muttering 'bastard' to a grom who snaked him. And the surf wasn't shit either
i saw this drop kneeer there with long dreads, and i think he spoke some foreign language, ive never seen drop knee look so good before!

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:58 pm

haha anga eh... mayb's i will just stick to sp******.. bit more fun anyway :P
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

james
regular

Post by james » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:20 am

hmm interesting!

MuRfy
Grommet

Post by MuRfy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:18 am

most of my surf agro has been with chinese in the surf...they arent made for the water..
stand up and be counted, lie down and get shacked!

wavemagnet
regular

Post by wavemagnet » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:08 pm

I lived in the 'Bra for a couple of years. No dramas, even the time a well-known local tried to drop-in on me and I went round him... causing him to fall off his board and his boys to laugh at him.

I moved a little ways further South a while back and whattaya know? I get my ears boxed for daring to surf a well-known reef on my preferred surfcraft.

Do I need to say who the perps were?

Not sure if there have been any previous threads about this particular brand of unprovoked surf-rage, but that was prob 18th months ago and it still makes me want to do evil things...

noise

Surf Rage

Post by noise » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:40 pm

Come on down to Bondi if ya want to see the full range of human emotion
everthing from people happily sharing, to psyco short and long boarders claiming every wave as their own!

Blurgh!

thankfully most of the crowd are pretty chilled!

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:55 pm

The best ones I've encountered so far is a blow-in wannabe local at NN who it seems can't breathe without exhaling "f******rkorrrrrrrf", and his blond-haired mate whose face screws up like a prune when he gets angry.

Both these guys arrived about 4-5 years ago, and are now famous along pretty much the entire east coast for their psycho stupidity.

The only thing is that the first of the pair is not someone you wanna tackle unless in the company of about 40 mates - he's an absolute nut case who could as easily hospitalise you as look at you. He's been inside at least once for doing just that, and has drug-related psych problems.

I hate being out with these guys - the vibe of the whole lineup changes from a hootin good time to a pack of beaten-down dogs.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:23 pm

Lets not forget that Terry Fiz copped a blade out at DY Point a number of years ago.

clinker
Grommet

Post by clinker » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:29 am

rocky point: brazilian taking a beating against a truck, typical aloha spirit
from eddie and perry

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:14 am

One good one I had the misfortune to witness years ago was at Bondi of all places :shock: . A notorious local psycho ended up having a major blue with someone he knew on the beach on a crowded summers day. They ended up rolling around on the sand grappling each other while some woman ran around yelling at them to stop it because there were chidren watching :x .
Since the surf is full of barristers and barristas these days its less likely to happen :D .

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Last edited by baldric on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:55 pm

Had a funny one @ DY a year ago. Not many out so I headed towards the beach. I passed about 6 groms gutsliders @ that who were sort of blocking the way down. I walked through them and as I passed I heard one say "Where the F... do you think your going?" I replied "Anywhere I F...... want" without breaking stride or doing them the curtiousy of looking at them.
Then I heared some scurrying and then felt a hand on my shoulder. It was some local with dreds and tatts - he just smiled and laughed and we went in.
I guess the up and coming wannabe grom locals bolted when a real local (the other guy not me) turned up and obviously heard what they were trying on with people.
Never confuse ambition with ability