ONEIL SERVICE SUCKS!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

tube5
Grommet

Post by tube5 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:08 pm

I'll gladly back up everyone with the praises for ripcurl . I've sent my ss springy back 4 times & had it back within a few days each time. However the best service they gave was for my 3.5 year old ultimate steamer. I sent it back (no docket) cause the elasto shoulders had worn out.....as you'd expect they would. 4 days later I get the suit back fully rebuilt with every piece of elasto fabric replaced + new knees.
It's ripcurl forever as far as I'm concerned.
as a passing comment it's funny how most surfers are happy to sing the praises of their wonderful new sealed wetsuits that are made in Asia....but quick to condem surboards coming from the same place.

Shari
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shari » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:41 pm

tube_5 - yer mad. does it not strike you as crap that you had to send your wetsuit back to ripcurl 4 times????????? What the hell was wrong with it?

and what kind of deal is that to replace all the bits on the steamer? that's good use of employee time - that would have taken hours - they should just have given you a new one or told you that it was too old - whatever the deal was

tube5
Grommet

Post by tube5 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:44 pm

Purple balloons- I sent the steamer back as a joke...it was worn out...but now I have a decent spare steamer for free. I agree it was a waste of employees time fixing it. It would have been more sensible to replace it...In reality they were within their rights to say it was too old (but they didn't).
The ss spring suit is another problem..the "leg seals" keep tearing. To be honest I don't think it's a good suit. I have learnt to hate "slickskin"& have my doubts about the durability of their "elasto" fabric. I give my equipment a hard time...surf daily & don't always rinse them out.As a matter of fact the springy doesn't get a chance to dry out...I chuck it in the back of my ute & use it the next day.
The underlying theme of this thread was "wetsuit warranty"....& I still say that the service ripcurl has shown to me has been first class...I'm not proffessing that their product is better or worse than the opposition. From the Sydney metro area you can post a suit on a monday & have it back by Thursday.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:42 am

Damien wrote:I also have had a good experience with Rip curl after sales service. My chick bought me a watch for my birthday and after two months moisture was getting inside the face. Rang up rip curl service. The girl on the phone said no prob bob and a few days later new watch arrives.

I was hoping this sort of service may be case with most surf companies. But as it seems, not as such.
damn, i should have done the same thing, had a rip curl wetty tear and i sowed it up with fishing rod bnding thread, and a rip curl watch go dead on me.
looking back i should have taken advantage of thier great customer service.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:32 am

I bought a Quiksilver Cell steamer last year. Got an inch long tear across the back within 2 months.

Sent it back straight away, and they replaced it with a new steamer (new design Cell) no questions asked - I had no docket. I was very happy with their customer service.

Just noticed a hole appear in the same spot across the seam of my replacement - It's probably only had 4 months wear at most. I'm sending it back now, will let you know what happens.......

dilution

Post by dilution » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:15 am

I hate wetsuits.

But in my limited experience of them - I've bought 2 very bottom of the line wetties. Both long arm, short legs. RC elasto and a Bong el-cheapo. That's 5 years of 'good enough for sydney' warmth for a grand total of about $320. They both fit well with good stretch and flex. Never had a hole or a return.

Boys and girls - Sydney isn't that cold if you just keep the wind off - why do you need a $500 Steamer?

T...
OFF the TOP

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:04 pm

ogm omg omg!!!!

the exact same thign happned to me!!!!

my stemer ripped o the seam above my bum bum:P and i went to get it fixed about 4 months ago and it tookl mne about 3 months to get it back!

its happned again!

but the worst thig is the stitches are a life toime garenty so it means they are lies and its false advertisment