ONEIL SERVICE SUCKS!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Hunter

ONEIL SERVICE SUCKS!

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:39 pm

My brand new oneil wetsuit tore in the back after only 3 months,
I thought fair enough these things happen,
Took it back to the store, It was under warrenty, the shop rang oneil, they checked it out the next day and told me they would send a new one right out...........
but I get a call a few days later, "we can't get it to you for a couple of weeks because we have run out and we need to wait for a shipment to come in"......
ok, I think thats fair enough
two weeks later.....
"sorry that shipment was presold we don't have any for you, but we just found one that matches yours in stock, well send it right out"................
three days later

ohh sorry we have sent that wetsuit out for a photo shoot, we'll send it back to you when we are done.......................

Now I am fuming :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A case of big surf company not giving a F**K about me because I will not possibly make a dent in their profits, absolute bunch of F**king wankers, I spent $500 on a wetsuit and thats the sort of crap you get when they can't make seams that last longer the 3 months........... so pissed of at the amount of jerking around I been given

no customer service what so ever

ONEIL SUCKS D**K, and if anyone from oneil is reading this please contact me as I want this sorted out!!!

booter
Local

Post by booter » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:42 pm

My billabong solution (2 weeks old) has just come unglued at the seems around the upper chest area. It will be returned on Thursday night so stand by for my story. Hope my experience will be much easier than yours but I will wait and see. Good luck with the new wettie mate.

robh
regular

Post by robh » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:44 pm

When my wetsuit broke the guy at the store looked over it for about 30 seconds, went over to the hangers and got me a new wetsuit straightaway. :D Now thats customer service for you, the guy could of sent it away for 3 weeks to the factory for them to fix it but he knew there was going to be some good swell so he gave me a new one.

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm

post the name 'o the store - credit where it's due n'all.

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:08 pm

Meataxe wrote:post the name 'o the store - credit where it's due n'all.
Second that!

Matt

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:34 pm

Ultimat Rip Curl - tore at back - sent to Rip Curl and they fixed it without argument -replaced the panel - and it was back in a week. One month out of warranty -still had docket - and zip went. I thought I would at least give it a go and the nice young lady on the phone said, 'send it down and we'll see'. Fixed and back in a week.

They got me for life -I only expect to need a wetty every three years -yep, follow the instructions and wash it and keep out of sun and careful putting it on not doing no stone avoiding carpark dance - although I still look like a condom full of walnuts.

But Rip Curl service was exceptional and so while I am quick to complain, I highly recommend them through my experience.

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Totally agree on Rip Curl-I've been using their suits for nearly 30 years and their after sales service is outstanding.

Matt

robh
regular

Post by robh » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 pm

Meataxe wrote:post the name 'o the store - credit where it's due n'all.
Point break @ bronte. His site is www.pointbreak.com.au
I suggest u give it a visit :)

smw1
Local

Post by smw1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:44 pm

I've also just had an unfortunate experience, with an O'Neill Psycho steamer. The soft rubber panel around the collar started to shred after a couple of weeks, and was sent back for warranty repair.

It recently just started to shred again, and so has been sent back once more. Not ideal considering it is a $500 suit.

I've had plenty of O'Neill gear in the past and have generally had good experiences, but I think I'll give Quikie a go next time. Their Cell suits look the business.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:05 pm

filthbarrel wrote:But Rip Curl service was exceptional and so while I am quick to complain, I highly recommend them through my experience.
Second that........... no complaints here...........If it ain't Rip Curl your wasting your bucks ...........they are the benchmark that the others have still to reach. :wink:

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:27 am

well my plasma screen t been away for 9 months :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Damien
regular

Post by Damien » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 am

I also have had a good experience with Rip curl after sales service. My chick bought me a watch for my birthday and after two months moisture was getting inside the face. Rang up rip curl service. The girl on the phone said no prob bob and a few days later new watch arrives.

I was hoping this sort of service may be case with most surf companies. But as it seems, not as such.

AV

Post by AV » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:47 am

I had a similarly bad experience with the surf industry. The bodyboard I bought for my son (at this point you might say that we got what we deserved, his being a bodyboarder and all) was a top of the line model but after three weeks it developed reverse rocker and bent the wrong way, something I think would be unacceptable to anyone riding any watercraft. (I've been a board rider since 1966) The shop owner said he'd refer it to the wholesaler (World Bodyboards who sell Winchester models). Their General Manager said that reverse rocker was fine and he wouldn't replace it, but he'd refer it to the manufacturer....in Indonesia. After two week's silence I approached the shop for some resolution of the problem. He said that World Bodyboards said they would rather fight the warranty claim in court than replace the board. This is an outfit that has some top pro riders and a big slice of the market yet they were willing to spend up, to fight a mere consumer. Fortunately the shop owner has agreed to replace the board and just take the hit, so there are some people who are genuine in the industry, and some who are simply unaware of the impacts of bad customer relations. There's a rule-of-thumb which says that every bad deed gets told to seven people. I hope there's more than seven get to hear about these problems. Cheers

j-man

Post by j-man » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:54 am

Ive always had rip curl, but when they worn out, usually three or so years i chucked it. Two years ago i decided to try the Billabong top of line steamer just over one season the neck ripped off and all the tapped seals had come off. I took it back for repair Billabong said i would have to pay. i said no way. They didnt get back to me for 4 months(summer) when i rang up they had lost it. I went and had a chat to the guys at Surfection monas and they appologied and let me choose a wetty from the store, lengends, i choose a rip curl and its the best weety ive every had. I also sent my old elasto back to rip curl for repair of zipper and sholders, they fixed everything and more for free in a week. the best service ive ever seen, rip curl is it for me now.
j-man

booter
Local

Post by booter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:08 am

the solution steamer that i referred to earlier in this thread was replaced. very happy with billabong. hopefully the same doesn't happen to the new one

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:31 am

thanks for all the responses guys, sounds like rip curl are the go.
The Saga continues for me though, I still have no wetty. I was told last friday that they were actually putting the wetty into an express post bag and I will have it on monday............ definitely

monday --- no wetty
tuesday---- no wetty

wednsday ---- it better turn up today

robh
regular

Post by robh » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:29 pm

AV wrote:I had a similarly bad experience with the surf industry. The bodyboard I bought for my son (at this point you might say that we got what we deserved, his being a bodyboarder and all) was a top of the line model but after three weeks it developed reverse rocker and bent the wrong way, something I think would be unacceptable to anyone riding any watercraft. (I've been a board rider since 1966) The shop owner said he'd refer it to the wholesaler (World Bodyboards who sell Winchester models). Their General Manager said that reverse rocker was fine and he wouldn't replace it, but he'd refer it to the manufacturer....in Indonesia. After two week's silence I approached the shop for some resolution of the problem. He said that World Bodyboards said they would rather fight the warranty claim in court than replace the board. This is an outfit that has some top pro riders and a big slice of the market yet they were willing to spend up, to fight a mere consumer. Fortunately the shop owner has agreed to replace the board and just take the hit, so there are some people who are genuine in the industry, and some who are simply unaware of the impacts of bad customer relations. There's a rule-of-thumb which says that every bad deed gets told to seven people. I hope there's more than seven get to hear about these problems. Cheers
Something similiar happend to me. The nose on my booger had come off and was flapping in the winds. I had bought it at SDS and when i asked them about it they said that they would send it back to the manufactures to decide if the board was under warranty. Sales assistant told me tops 10 days, got it back after 3 weeks and was told it wasnt under warrant, wasnt fixed and i had to buy some glue from them instead

Old n Keen

Post by Old n Keen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 am

I shelved out for an expensive top line Excel suit this year and recently noticed that the flap section behind the zip was ripping and a couple of other seams were popping.

I took it back to Dripping Wet in Manly, who have previously been ripped off in this space, and they couldn't have been more helpful. As it happened, the surf was up and I had to give it to them "dripping wet" on a Friday. No problem, they would dry it out on the weekend and send it to the manufacturer, giving me a hire suit to use until it returned.

I guess the test will be what the manufacturer says but so far the front line at Dripping Wet have been very honourable.