This is not surf report....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi Laurie,

Not sure that there's a secret to logging in to the forums, but welcome, it's good to have you aboard. I hope you'll keep contributing, as it's good to have some experienced hands about the place.

Anyway, I'm neutral about whether or not Norris has a case to answer or whether BB has a point or whatever. I do think that Beeb's logic is skewed. Personally, I'd like to see him down on the beach, screaming at everyone he doesn't recognise, especially those people with the temerity to use a mobile phone to call their mates. Then I'd like to see him in Warringah Council, yelling abuse at the councillors evertime they approve a new development at Dee Why. There's someone up my way that acts a bit like that, so there is precedent.

In any case, as I've advised before, you can communicate with Norris directly. There's a prominent link on the front page under his report. That's how I'd start. Ranting in here is akin to standing on a box in Hyde Park: it's public entertainment, but no one takes you seriously.

all the best,

moderator / COL.

BB

Post by BB » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:44 am

I do think that Beeb's logic is skewed.
I await with great interest your detailed explanation of exactly where my logic is skewed oh wise one since I've spent three days asking for some sort of logical response and received very little beyond emotional ranting.......but don't stress I'm off on a little surf trip so you've got a few weeks to think it through!

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:06 am

Hate to break it to you but DY gets crowded when there is no surf. Try driving through after picking up your daughter from netball on a Saturday morning and you can't move. Traffic jams and crowded cafes. Huge park for the kids attracting more people. Now I can see that BB doesn't want DY to be first cab of the rank every morning but if the guy who runs the site can see it from his house there is a good chance if he is first to post or only one to post on a weekend, DY is what you get. On school holidays kids flock to DY or Manly cause of transport and shops to eat at or check out if they are spending 6 hours down the beach. Maybe a perfect RS would have a reporter on each beach giving out conditions but not too much information so that they don't upset the locals. Maybe pictures from weird angles so the locations are secret, who knows but I still reckon DY will have crowds.
And Wanto, I do like your pony.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Braudulio
Grommet

Post by Braudulio » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:28 am

listen up BB, i just got one word for you

coastalwatch

who really cares what Don's got to say and where it is on the site when you can get images of DY point live to air? besides which i've found that the view from my balcony very rarely matches up with what Don says!? especially sizewise!

take a chill pill mate, it's not like DY point would be uncrowded if you got rid of Don anyway! so don't get so arced about it!