This is not surf report....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

BB

This is not surf report....

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:23 pm

......it's a royal pain in the asre.....Don hasn't taken the hint about decreasing the Dee Why focus of the site so I'm declaring July, Drop In On Don At DY month. Entrants can keep score on this thread and the winner gets a brand new Real Surf Sucks t-shirt.

......I mean lets put a bit of perspective here, what would have happened to him if he had pulled this stunt at Maroubra or Narrabeen.....he wouldn't be game to show his face in the water......the DY crew have been too mellow for too long on this one! Watch out Don, change your ways or we're coming to get you!

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:39 pm

....time will tell won't it wanto!

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:40 pm

You're a big man, BB. Internet heavies always put the fear of God into me.

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:47 pm

......as above collnarra......time will tell...but what about trying to justify the focus on Dee Why....eludes your logical powers does it? Oh and a frat in your general direction!

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:15 pm

Well I would rather have it the other way around......more balanced reports and no drop ins but he doesn't seem to get the point that what he is doing is inappropriate......I don't know of any other site anywhere that operates like Realsurf......now there's been a bit of hostility building locally for a while but people being pretty chilled these days no-one has said or done anything about it............ but the time is coming. You want to live and surf somewhere? Don't burn the locals is a good bit of advice and yes Don I know no-one ever says anything to your face......and it might be gutless to say it behind your back but it could also be called discretion.

So what about it? Drop your report into the body, lead with other photos, don't have Dee Why in everyday just 'cos you can see it from your bedroom window or wherever it is you take those long shots, don't report on every bank between the Point and Long Reef unless you're also going to do it for Avalon, Narrabeen-Collaroy, Mona Vale, etc.

If you haven't got reliable reporters in those areas that's your problem mate, you run the site, get off your bum and do the Manly to Palm Beach run at first light every day like other surf reporters!

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:19 pm

You're boring us, BB.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:36 pm

BB, you make a valid point, and i agree with you. But using threats is lame. (even if its just drop in stuff :lol: )

See Don should file two reports:

1) General surf and weather conditions in the area. THis should be stuck to the top of the page

2) His dy report. should be kept brief like other reports, and should not be stuck to the top of the page

Do you agree don?

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:34 pm

I love it the way you people anonymously stride around the internet making ultimatums. It's funny.

So, anyway a) what gives you the right? b) assuming that you have the right to make these ultimatums on behalf of all the dee why beach users - what are you so het up about?

(BB, despite his blustering, hasn't actually managed to articulate what his problem is. Oh that's right. Without the surf industry/the internet/thrusters/the invention of the automobile/Alexander Graham Bell's infernal device/wheels/the entire plastics industry/those dead dinosaurs and plants thoughtlessly decaying into oil/fire and the evolution of sexual reproduction, it would just be him and a piece of primordial slime sitting out at Dee Why Point)

Got it. This is one of those pathetic localism things. Can boogie boarders be locals too? Gosh. Times, it seems, change.

moderately yours,

Col.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:40 pm

i was interested in Dons reply not yours.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:49 pm

Why doncha email him? There's a contact email on the front page. Then you can tell all of us.

Twirlin' ya dick around in here won't get you anywhere, big boy.

Col.

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:59 pm

Collnarra...if your name is any indication of your surfing habits I can understand why this thread would bore you..... so feel free to fcuk off anytime you like...and talking of loud mouth internet heavies, look in the mirror mate. For someone with nothing relevant to say on the topic you certainly take up some space! How do I have the right? In the first instance it's called free speech so no matter how much you dislike my opinions I have the absolute right to post them...assuming admin is over its censorship spasms.....in terms of action, last time I looked there was no law against dropping in, unethical? Yeh but so is the way the surf is reported on this site.....if that makes me an old testament type, an eye for an eye and all that, so be it.

Oh and sexual insults usually serve only to indicate the sexual inadequacies of those throwing them around!

maxi
charger

Post by maxi » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:07 pm

Geez .... someone like Don makes the effort to put together a website that is seemingly a highly popular one (and covers a broad range of areas) and you get folks whingeing about the content. I look forward to seeing BBs website where we can all learn where we are and are not allowed to surf. Don't know who you are BB but from now on I'm going to drop in on everyone at Dee Why (except Don) - that way it'll even things up.

I still think it's a kak that anyone in Sydney can feel they can still claim a degree of ownership at any beach break. Have you left the peninsula in the last 10 years to see how many people live in this city?

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:08 pm

"Infiltrate and subvert" wantIf I didn't use it how could I hope to change it!

BB

Post by BB » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:10 pm

....sorry to keep posting but as an interesting aside to this issue you might remember that a Realsurf reporter got absolutely roated not long ago, about posting a report on a far northen beaches break.......last week that break went off and didn't get a single mention......so where is the equity?

I'm not saying that it should have been, just pointing out that being assertive in this regard seems to work!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 pm

collnarra wrote:I love it the way you people anonymously stride around the internet making ultimatums. It's funny.

So, anyway a) what gives you the right? b) assuming that you have the right to make these ultimatums on behalf of all the dee why beach users - what are you so het up about?
and i forgot to say this before, but when was i making an ultimatum?
I may have said the word "should", but i thought it was pretty clear i was just putting forward my opinion when i said "Do you agree don?"

:roll:

think first, type later