skateboarding ...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:22 pm

nice pics iggy, little schralper.

here's a clip i made when i lived in canberra and skated a little park in civic every day - a lot of kids thought it was shit but i loved it. the skater at the end is doug who lived nearby and had been skating the park since the day it was built. i liked his style: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9605&hl=en

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:50 pm

munch wrote:I kid you not lic, I saw a guy this morning with exactly that :arrow: a piece of wood (4x1 I guess) and a pair of trucks which looked like roller skates with some cool looking wheels and a couple of pieces of sandpaper glued on the deck. And guess what - I was jealous ...
Mate of mine scored quite a few older style trucks from Greg Bennett a few years ago. He made a board for our kids based on an old stripped down wooden waterski. Had some flex for the fat farkers :D

Needless to say the kids never looked after it and it ended floatin’/buried in a garden out the front. I might add the garden was as good as the grass :oops: in other words it was dug out for refilling and a fair bit of time elapsed. :roll:

Went out a couple of clean-ups ago. :?

lovemuscle
Grommet

Post by lovemuscle » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:57 am

Yeah same here,I remember my old man being the tight arse he was decided to make his own for me. Cut out the board and put the paper on top. Problem was the trucks werent really wide enough, so it was really loose.
But unlike my mates,it was a good street surfer and was the envy of the neighbourhood :twisted: Found out it was no good on big hills, you would get horrendous death wobbles. :shock:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:39 pm

Fark this reminds me of my old school skater days, buying slam magazine and not getting half the jokes, being grossed out by a guy in tight leather cowboy pants, arse showing doing a handplant on manly half pipe (when there still was vert, possibly not manly but when i was a kid thats what my older bro told me and i lapsed it up).

Fark i even had my own skate part in my brothers mates vid, we collected footage for ages and never edited it...until when he did i lost touch of the guy, only found out bout it recently :roll: that got some awsome footage aswell, was about 4 nd a half ft 40kg and my board looked way to big for me... skated the city, skateparks, schools ... everything fark i gotta find that guy and get him to post me the vid :shock:

now days i skate regularly just to get around nd cruise the streets etc, every know nd then hit up a skate park or local street spots. Not as much as i used to. and yes my knee's are fucked to. Ollieing off ye ol 'rock drop' and stair sets easily taller than you when your growing deffinatly does you no good.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:13 am

Revolution wrote:Fark this reminds me of my old school skater days, buying slam magazine and not getting half the jokes, being grossed out by a guy in tight leather cowboy pants, arse showing doing a handplant on manly half pipe (when there still was vert, possibly not manly but when i was a kid thats what my older bro told me and i lapsed it up).
:lol: the arse was probably jamies

Spent a bit of time at manly in me younger days, the first ramp there was a brown masonite 1/4 pipe piece of shit, they appended a blue 1/4 pipe to this to make a 1/2 pipe with the flats being gravel :shock: I broke my tib and fib in one go on the blue ramp doing a rock and roll :? They then built a half pipe in about 1986-7, I think it was about 10' but probably 8'. My history of it is a bit hazzy from then on cause I wasn't around manly but I think they knocked down the brown and blue things and put in a mini-ramp and then added the play area not long after :arrow: and at some time there have knocked off the vert from the 1/2 pipe :x

p.s iggy that's a tweaked 360
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:27 am

about 7 years ago a big group of skaters from the north shore and northern suburbs infaltrated the old condemned AWA building on the corner of Talavera and Lane cove road in North Ryde, in one of the bigger upper level rooms of the old factory we set about ripping down parts of the inner building and re-assembling the materials into our own indoor skate park, it was pretty dodgey, but when it rained we had a sweet place to skate that was free and dry, some of the aparatus was pretty awesome, a top job considering the minimal carpentry skills and the quality of recycled materials we were using. Happy days...

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:42 am

method for youse igg's

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:17 pm

filthy sick delirious, munch a shredder! have you stopped altogether now or still going for roll sometimes? sorry if you already said i'm drinking beer this arvo

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:21 pm

what demo or competition was that in the last pic, and were you signing posters after? if you were you could have 'mark occhilupo' you looked just like him!

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Oh we've got a smart arse now eh :arrow: jeeze all I did was question some obvious flaws in your story line and now ...

To answer your questions ignoring the sarcasm :D

- been ten short years (mainly skated mid to late 80's)
- comp down at manlyvale/brookvale
- and no you :twisted:

p.s spent a lot of time down in canberra, I think there were only two built skate areas last time I skated down there :arrow:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:46 pm

no sarcasm intended, munch - i'm a shithouse skater and would only make a fool of myself if i tried to be sarcastic about someone else's skating. you really do look like a young occy in that last pic, you know!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm

see?

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:19 pm

anyway back to skating this is another pic of the spot outside canberra i was taken to a few times and posted in the wrong thread the other day, notice it's all burnt out from the january 2003 fires imagine skating surrounded by walls of flame i wonder if you could survive maybe if you had an esky full of beer and kept pouring it over yourself?

creased
Local

Post by creased » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:22 pm

^^^

Weston Creek :?:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:31 pm

they had dragged concrete blocks, plywood boards, bits of wood of different shapes and sizes, a sofa (smelly and full of holes, but quite comfy) and a fridge (mainly for symbolic purposes, but you could also sit on it) to this place and liked to hang out on sunday afternoons.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:42 pm

that's right near weston creek creased, and here's one from the park - such smooth concrete at this place you fall off just want to press your cheek down and feel it for a minute

creased
Local

Post by creased » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Tuggeranong has got an all time one now too :shock: Thinking bout buying myself a skate for chrissy, see if I cant lesson the verandah over the toy shop.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 pm

glad you weren't drunk when you did that al :lol:

first time I went to canberra there was a car in the bowl at tuggeranong that the local bogans had placed every so carefully in it :x