20 Years.. is anyone really surprised?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

paulsy

Post by paulsy » Fri May 27, 2005 5:28 pm

I think everyone expected her to be found guilty because of the way the legal system is in Bali. But it still came as a shock.

In Australia there would have been too much doubt for shapelle to be found guilty.

I was thinking the same about the media, although then again we were all watching it on Television. I dont think that we are going to see the Bali 9 on trial on live tv across 3 free to air stations.

I personally dont know whether she is guilty or innocent but for those clowns to be laughing and cheering when the sentence was handed down i think its an absolute joke. As Spoon said, understandable for a murderer, rapist etc. but for this i dont agree.

Next time you roll a joint, thank god we are in Australia. Makes you realise what a good country we do have.

I do think that Bali 9 are doomed. There is no way in hell they are going to escape the death sentence.

I personally wouldnt be making the trip to bali anytime soon.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri May 27, 2005 6:21 pm

I feel sorry for her too - more so if she is innocent.

I hear that the Aust Government will supply 2 QC's for her appeal.

What they really need to supply are some good independent PI's (not Mick Keelty pleeease) who can delve deeply enough and find out who planted the drugs whether it be baggage handlers, Corby herself or someone close to her. I have my suspicions but I'm concerned about defamation laws.

If someone else planted the drugs they should have the guts to own up - a sentence in Australia would be a fraction of the time of an Indo sentence and under much better conditions.

If decent evidence such as the real culprits are presented to the Indo courts she's free.

paulsy

Post by paulsy » Fri May 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Thats assuming it wasnt her. And would you own up to it?

Im sure if it was that simple someone like her brother would own up to it and do the time for her over here. But reality is it isnt going to happen.

Anyone got any background on this bloke financially backing her? Seems pretty random.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri May 27, 2005 8:53 pm

The next time you get the chance to buy into a $1,000 bag of skunk with your mates you might just spare a thought as to where, and to into whose pockets, your money is headed.

max
Grommet

Post by max » Fri May 27, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm going to Fraser Island next week, might just pack a bucket full of sand... am I an idiot or a liar?

roosters
regular

Post by roosters » Fri May 27, 2005 9:54 pm

an idiot

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri May 27, 2005 10:21 pm

Out of curiousity, did anything else happen today?
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri May 27, 2005 10:27 pm

Larry wrote:The next time you get the chance to buy into a $1,000 bag of skunk with your mates you might just spare a thought as to where, and to into whose pockets, your money is headed.
Mate, the price you pay for gear includes a risk overhead. I don't want to take the risk, but if someone else does, that's up to them. It's a market. If I am spending $200 bucks on a gram of charlie, then a) I hope it's good and b) I understand that I am paying a risk surcharge. These people get no sympathy from me.

Col!

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri May 27, 2005 10:44 pm

Spoon wrote:Out of curiousity, did anything else happen today?
yea the cowboys beat a premier league side they should feel proud

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sat May 28, 2005 2:22 am

the thing that worries me is it could be me or my mates or my brothers that that could easily happen to.
and for sure if it was me it happened to the rumours would run wild.

its is theyre country, however guilty until proven inocent is ####ed.

couldnt help feeling sorry for her today as i watched it, even had a spot in my eye more moist than usual after watching that, had to hide it from my mates tho.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat May 28, 2005 7:59 am

Still got ask the question how may others have been caught doing this, how many baggage handlers have been charged regarding Corby's allegations, how no investigative journalism has been done on Corby's background as parents don't know what their children are doing all the time, how much has channel 9 paid for interviews to keep this story alive and how ppl with on clue can make assumptions and proclaimed her innocence without all the facts. :?:

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Sat May 28, 2005 9:05 am

Actually, lots of investigative journalism was done on Corby's background and she comes up pretty clean. Not that means she's innocent, but there's not much in her past that's dirty. http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin ... 07001B7E27

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat May 28, 2005 9:13 am

Then they didn't look real hard. :wink:

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Sat May 28, 2005 9:33 am

I'm guessing yr referring to the rumours and allegations that have already been canvassed in these forums. The thing is - there's no concrete evidence to support any of them. No one has come forward and said that they have evidence that the family is in the game; the cops where they live say that they're clean. Corby has never been busted with ANYTHING in her life. The fact that she's been to bali numerous times means nothing more than her sister lives there.

It's fine to rehash rumours on the intermanet; actually going to press with them is something else altogether. I reiterate: just because she looks clean doesn't mean she is. And guilty or not, 20 years in an indo prison won't be fun.

Col!

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat May 28, 2005 10:09 am

On the actual offence that she has been convicted on what has been pesented in the court is all I know.

My information dosn't come from these forums nor the media and I'm not in a position/ liberty to say what or where but I do find it hard not to comment on the lack of investigated journalism that has occurred in this case and some of the things that have been said in her defence.

Its sad to see happen................... but life is a risk.

craig
regular

Post by craig » Sat May 28, 2005 10:34 am

hey spoon, yeah there was other big news that happened on friday but was very conveniently washed over briefly.....
the government introduced plans to shake up industrial relations laws for workers and employers....... basically fugging every blue collar worker in the country up the arse......(as i understand it)
it actually happened late on thursday arvo just before 6pm so the news couldnt pick it up and run with it...... very very conveniently timed. " a good day to bury bad news" as has been said before....
if schapelles verdict wasnt on friday the country would be up in arms about these changes......

little johnny tryin to snake the people....

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Sat May 28, 2005 11:04 am

Johnno wrote:On the actual offence that she has been convicted on what has been pesented in the court is all I know.

My information dosn't come from these forums nor the media and I'm not in a position/ liberty to say what or where but I do find it hard not to comment on the lack of investigated journalism that has occurred in this case and some of the things that have been said in her defence.

Its sad to see happen................... but life is a risk.
Mate, that doesn't help anyone.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat May 28, 2005 11:40 am

Enough said..............