Bower Thurs 19 May

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

max
Grommet

Bower Thurs 19 May

Post by max » Fri May 20, 2005 11:10 pm

Well what can you say.. really?
Wasnt quite all time....for those of us who have seen the Bower/Winki really do its stuff ...or maybe I am being over nostalgic? it was pretty good yes ..BUT with an aqua sky framing fluffy wuffy clouds, choppers overhead, those darstardly original drop-in dolphins, and a half decent crew of young turks old farts and boogers, made for a pretty good sesh.
I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to get caught inside and smashed by those mother wide sets.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri May 20, 2005 11:14 pm

yep i have to say it was awsome. i havn't looked at the bower on many cranking days, but im sure yesterday was up there. A lot of good rides, and a fair few wipeouts. I was watching one of the wide sets on my cam corder last night, and i was supprised at how well people duckdived the wave, seeing them pop out the back, but as the wave continued to break, you would see a lot of boards flying around :lol: Good to watch.

i assume you have looked at my post which has heaps of pics from yesterday?

http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3673

max
Grommet

Post by max » Fri May 20, 2005 11:41 pm

No sorry I hadn't...but I have now...maybe thats me doing the somersault on take-off!
Was just great to get the adrenalin pumping again after so long
Thanks for the pics!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat May 21, 2005 7:02 am

haha.
Did you say you were at bower or manly? THe summersault frame grab was from manly. actually i suppose you were joking cos "those mother wide" sounds like you were on a point.
No probs.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat May 21, 2005 8:05 am

Yeh, that was about as good as the bower/winki gets. If its not like that its not worth surfing eh, you should just surf somewhere else thats better...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Sat May 21, 2005 12:48 pm

are you serious?

Winki was absolute shit, bower and deadmans were both alltime. I dont think i saw one makeable barrel out at winki, actualy i dont think i saw any barrels out at winki, and i was there for close to 5 hours. Winki was not liking the swell size + direction one bit, and wouldnt have a bar of it.

On the other hand, Bower was just epic, top to bottom barrels (well, a few) and so was deadmans which was a solid 2 x overhead.

All up, An epic day but it wasnt all time winki, it wasnt booger friendly.
Ka ChInG !!!!!

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Sat May 21, 2005 12:59 pm

I've been surfing Bower since the early 70s and really that wasn't great Bower at all!

Sorry, but it really wasn't.

Matt

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Sat May 21, 2005 1:31 pm

matt,

your crazy if you didnt think it was extremely good. If you were in the water, you would of known what it was like, but from the cliff didnt give it justice.
Ka ChInG !!!!!

karl

Post by karl » Sat May 21, 2005 2:21 pm

yeah mate i agree i thought it was good mate i wouldnt mind another week of that , winki was goin off lets pray to huey yeow

max
Grommet

Post by max » Sat May 21, 2005 2:22 pm

I agree with Matt, although good, it was far from all time, most of you guys werent even born the last time Bower put on a real show.
CC you should crawl back into that cave of yours

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Sat May 21, 2005 2:31 pm

for the farkin 100th time,

Winki was shit.

what is bower like when it really turns on?
Ka ChInG !!!!!

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat May 21, 2005 4:02 pm

haha screw you all, that was my attempt at crowd control at the bower

its getting stupid out there now, i remember when there was a select local crew who would always rule the outside takeoff at the bower. most of them would be there every swell without fail...now its full of blow ins and learners. i really don't know what the learners are doing out there now, it used to only be a hardcore point wave. *lets off steam*

flkdjflksdjl
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Sat May 21, 2005 5:52 pm

moneyman wrote:matt,

your crazy if you didnt think it was extremely good. If you were in the water, you would of known what it was like, but from the cliff didnt give it justice.
Mate,

I was out there for about three hours in the morning, and like I said, I've been surfing there since the early 70s (but not much now-just too much traffic)-Snowy on his ski days and Millsy getting worked out at Winki-Dutchy and Cav kings of Winki-NO boogers-Simon A and TC on legendary massive days from waaaay outside-Alan White doing his thing-Rick East babbling on and going hard-and so on and so on-and it wasn't epic Bower.

Sure it was OK-but faaaaaar from epic.

Epic is 8-10 feet (backs) from the ENE with macking W peak and a gentle WSW-and not all the detritus out there nowadays.

Matt

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 pm

it was still the best surf ive witnessed, thats all i needed to keep a grin on my face the whole time i was there whatching :)

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Sat May 21, 2005 8:13 pm

macca202 wrote:it was still the best surf ive witnessed, thats all i needed to keep a grin on my face the whole time i was there whatching :)

Fair enough-I've travelled heaps and I'm getting crusty-so I've seen some pretty bloody good surf.

Matt