The Tulla Tub

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Grooter
Duke Status
Posts: 10159
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: Titan Uranus

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Grooter » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:24 pm

pinhead wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Grooter sighting! I did see a guy wearing a Gath helmet. Thought to myself what kind of snowflake wears a helmet here, its not like he's got titanium plates in his head or anything.
:lol:

I was amazed I saw no blood when I was there, there are some folks that really caused some carnage.
buddy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Thanks for the write up. Hope you’re head is doing well now too.
Cheers mate and yep all better, even had an MRI on my brain and it came back with no areas of concern. After 10 concussions (mostly from footy and general acts of stupidity), I decided not to risk it anymore and wear the helmet. They're really not that bad although I do miss the times when I never wore one.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
Meanwhile planes drop from the sky, people disappear and bullets fly. Little grey men are coming our way, "Tastes just like chicken", they say :o

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23647
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Good report Grooter. I'll probably never get the chance to give it a go. But we'll see.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
Grooter
Duke Status
Posts: 10159
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: Titan Uranus

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Grooter » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:50 am

Everything can be hired there mate, you can literally just turn up at the door. If you ever consider going let me know, I just need another excuse to give it another crack!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
Meanwhile planes drop from the sky, people disappear and bullets fly. Little grey men are coming our way, "Tastes just like chicken", they say :o

User avatar
Kunji
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 25876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:10 am
Location: 40 - nil

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Kunji » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 am

All the non professional videos ive seen on the place makes it look very unimpressive. Even on the barrel setting (advanced) its prone to lip spilling, chandeliers and close outs. Novelty wave at best.
------------
Drailed wrote: I got chased out by a shark at Tama once, I just laughed.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

User avatar
Cranked
Duke Status
Posts: 10000
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Cranked » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 pm

But its a consistent novelty wave :-D-:
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16605
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Drailed » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Kunji wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 am
All the non professional videos ive seen on the place makes it look very unimpressive. Even on the barrel setting (advanced) its prone to lip spilling, chandeliers and close outs. Novelty wave at best.
Doesn't look very enjoyable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvoMPAB3jU
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

buddy
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by buddy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Looked fun to me.

User avatar
Kunji
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 25876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:10 am
Location: 40 - nil

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Kunji » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Drailed wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 pm
Kunji wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 am
All the non professional videos ive seen on the place makes it look very unimpressive. Even on the barrel setting (advanced) its prone to lip spilling, chandeliers and close outs. Novelty wave at best.
Doesn't look very enjoyable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvoMPAB3jU
:lol: :lol: yikes!
------------
Drailed wrote: I got chased out by a shark at Tama once, I just laughed.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

User avatar
offshore1
Duke Status
Posts: 13027
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Wow. Just wow

User avatar
offshore1
Duke Status
Posts: 13027
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 pm

Def not Welsh

ledtool
regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: vic

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by ledtool » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Surfed the 8am advanced session this morning. As the other guys have said it’s excellent fun! Will definitely be going back. Next time I want to book 2 sessions with an hour rest between.

Was bigger than I expected from videos, just a really fun playful size. The lip has a good bit of power to it but like Grooter said it doesn’t have the push of a southerner aus wave so takes some getting used to.

The beachies at home tomorrow will probably be a very similar size so I’ll get a good back to back comparison.

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16605
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Drailed » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Look at you all, like flies to shit. Build it and they will come. Fcccckn disgraceful
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

buddy
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by buddy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm

I will try it once as I have a couple of Melb trips plans.
More curiosity than anything.
I doubt I’ll go back anytime soon after that

User avatar
Kunji
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 25876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:10 am
Location: 40 - nil

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Kunji » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 pm

ledtool wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:04 pm
Surfed the 8am advanced session this morning. As the other guys have said it’s excellent fun! Will definitely be going back. Next time I want to book 2 sessions with an hour rest between.

Was bigger than I expected from videos, just a really fun playful size. The lip has a good bit of power to it but like Grooter said it doesn’t have the push of a southerner aus wave so takes some getting used to.

The beachies at home tomorrow will probably be a very similar size so I’ll get a good back to back comparison.
Any barrels?
------------
Drailed wrote: I got chased out by a shark at Tama once, I just laughed.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15101
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Any boogers?
Erase.

User avatar
pinhead
barnacle
Posts: 2313
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by pinhead » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Kunji wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm
Drailed wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 pm
Kunji wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 am
All the non professional videos ive seen on the place makes it look very unimpressive. Even on the barrel setting (advanced) its prone to lip spilling, chandeliers and close outs. Novelty wave at best.
Doesn't look very enjoyable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvoMPAB3jU
:lol: :lol: yikes!
I'd rather they just had turn waves in the advanced session. The barrel is too short to be much of a barrel experience.
daryl wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 am
We were waiting to get a donkey until it killed someone

User avatar
black duck
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by black duck » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 pm

The whole wave looks short, at least the right does. That vid shows take off, then not quite enough space for an intermediate dude to crack one off the top before the tube section so instead they do a set up turn for the little tube which is super short and pinched then that’s it. That vid is a far cry from how I remember Shearer describing the wave. I imagined it to be much longer, maybe 5 to 10 seconds longer.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 41671
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Far out. Most looked like they got dusted on at least 50% of the waves. looked like they had never confronted a hollow section in their life. That's intermediate level these days is it?
I suppose so.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests