Cruise ship,Terminals and Otway raids!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

otway1949
barnacle

Cruise ship,Terminals and Otway raids!

Post by otway1949 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:12 pm

This might be worth Otway steering again.
Is there a forum on the Gold Coast we could raid with a plan like we presented to the now defunct forum in NewZealand

For those that don't remember a dedicated cruise ship for mature aged ( Not necessarily behaving) Surfers and their wives, surf rock bands on board vehicular and zodiac transport to breaks, top local guides ( boosts employment ) cash cow!

East coast ports of call ,Wollongong, Sydney, Newcastle, Byron and then Gold Coast.

SUPs and all boards on board , night clubs on board.
What could go wrong!

Choose the Gold Coast forum we raid!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Re: Cruise ship,Terminals and Otway raids!

Post by jimmy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 pm

It’s all on Facebook now Ots. There’s heaps of groups that I’m in who are opposed to it but the days of forums are gone unfortunately. This was one of the last ones but Beans took care of that.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Nah, you took care of it, Jimbo. You're too up yourself to participate.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Beans. You’ve been derided for your inane posting for a long time. Well done though because you’re the new top dog. What an achievement.
The facts are that you have made these forums so boring that they’re possibly going to implode. Braithy left because of you. Nick left because of you. And the fact that Skipper doesn’t spend so much time here is largely in part due to you. I used to check in many times a day but can’t be arsed now because every time I do it’s all Beans.
Maybe you and Tard G will be happy talking to each other because that’s the way it’s going.
When you die your kids can eulogise the fact that he went out on a high note by being the boss of a surfing forum. But destroyed it at the same time.
Hatchnam wrote:
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:06 pm

jimmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Beans. You’ve been derided for your inane posting for a long time. Well done though because you’re the new top dog. What an achievement.
The facts are that you have made these forums so boring that they’re possibly going to implode. Braithy left because of you. Nick left because of you. And the fact that Skipper doesn’t spend so much time here is largely in part due to you. I used to check in many times a day but can’t be arsed now because every time I do it’s all Beans.
Maybe you and Tard G will be happy talking to each other because that’s the way it’s going.
When you die your kids can eulogise the fact that he went out on a high note by being the boss of a surfing forum. But destroyed it at the same time.
Gee thanks mate. :-?
Don't reckon I post much more than you do actually.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 pm

errm, Nick was on here about 2 hours ago
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Trev - 20,895 posts
Jimmy - 2936 posts

Years involved
Trev joined 2004, approx 15 years, therefore - 1393 posts per year.
Jimmy joined 2009, approx 10 years, therefore - 293.6 posts per year.

Trev, you're telling fat ones.

Don't ask me to provide the percentage change.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Trev wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:06 pm
jimmy wrote:
You missed my point Trev. You are a worthy custodian of RS. What I was getting at was that soon you’ll just be moderating Beans. And maybe Pet because he’s coded to be here.
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 pm
errm, Nick was on here about 2 hours ago
Did he post though you pommy git? I think you’re missing my point. When we had Shearer, Carroll, Braithwaite, Skip etc they would post like madmen. I’m not a wordsmith like you or the aforementioned collegues. But I know when things are dire. And they certainly are on here. The only decent contributors are Richard Glover and yourself. Even you had a dig at Beans for his boring post last night. An honourable mention goes to The Duck and TMS. Channels is cool too. But shit they were all a marginal prescence on here until Beans killed it all with his thread bombing.
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 am

I reckon both GStQ and his countryman, two time TOTY title holder Lord Loofy, will agree with me on this, beneath the gruff veneer that the Realsurf Australian male presents to the world, there beats the sequined heart of an hysterical menstruating Mardi Gras drama queen.
Every other day somebody here gets her delicate feelings hurt.
That said, it's a good thing to be honest with one's feelings and each other, so I'm still a fan of Realsurf. Now excuse me while I put on my face .
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 am

I know the point you're making jim. All I was doing was pointing out that Nick is apparently still around and abouts.

I'm a bit of a sad fucker so I think about this sort of stuff quite a lot, you know, what makes a forum tick. But then I stumbled across an old post of Nick's that expresses its essence far better than I could:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Like just have a think. This below is a typical [redacted] comment:
redacted wrote: Did I mention I bought a Waterman Fountain Pen in France?
There's a Flashback Tard conversation going on between me and Crabmeat, with shearer as a sort of ghost participant. The conversation is about pens. It is relevant to us because we all write for various publications on a part or full time basis and are thus Tardily committed to the minutiae of the task.

But [redacted]? He doesn't write for a living. Why in god's name would he decide to Tard Out with us by one upping it to some shitty fountain pen he bought in France? There's no point or purpose here. It just flopped forth like a fish you didn't really mean to catch.

Some may consider this the ultimate form of Tard but to me it's just kinda phoning it in. The mad energy of the born Tard is missing here.
Now, it doesn't matter who the [redacted] poster is. The key point is the Flashback Tard conversation and how it represents the 'thing' that makes a forum more than just a collection of words stacked on top of each other. But it is fey and delicate, this thing, a nervy faun nibbling tender saplings at the forest edge in the early morning dew, easily scattered by a lumpen fish gracelessly flopped forth. So I hear you when you call for more of this and less of that but then I think, Well who am I to say what's good or not? I'm sure there are people who scroll past my telegraphed attempts to shit-stir with a weary sigh or who get righteously furious when I patiently explain once more that Australians are preening uncultured yokels (present company excepted etc) and wish that I would just FUCK RIGHT OFF. And I also think, am I not acting like that camera crew who built the ramp out of snow to save the penguins, contravening the unwritten rule that nature must take its course no matter how many cute little Braithys are abandoned to their fate? Is there not a risk that if we strike Beanpole down now then he will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine?
Beanpole wrote:
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 am

*shudders *
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:20 am

I guess the word terminal has been taken to one of its other meanings!
I will let the topic drift!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am

jimmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm
Trev wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:06 pm
jimmy wrote:
You missed my point Trev. You are a worthy custodian of RS. What I was getting at was that soon you’ll just be moderating Beans. And maybe Pet because he’s coded to be here.
All cool mate.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 am

black duck wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm
Trev - 20,895 posts
Jimmy - 2936 posts

Years involved
Trev joined 2004, approx 15 years, therefore - 1393 posts per year.
Jimmy joined 2009, approx 10 years, therefore - 293.6 posts per year.

Trev, you're telling fat ones.

Don't ask me to provide the percentage change.
Very analytical, Duck.
Now. See if you can work out how many posts each of us has made in the last year or so. :D:
Beanpole

Skipper

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am

offshore1 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 am
I reckon both GStQ and his countryman, two time TOTY title holder Lord Loofy, will agree with me on this, beneath the gruff veneer that the Realsurf Australian male presents to the world, there beats the sequined heart of an hysterical menstruating Mardi Gras drama queen.
Every other day somebody here gets her delicate feelings hurt.
That said, it's a good thing to be honest with one's feelings and each other, so I'm still a fan of Realsurf. Now excuse me while I put on my face .
This. If you don’t like it, fuck off. Don’t be a whiny little bitch about who’s a boring poster and who isn’t. Have people got a life outside of here? It’s just light entertainment. Get over yourselves.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 am

And if you don’t like Beany’s posts, BLOCK HIM. It’s that simple. But I get the impression people would rather whinge instead. It’s the Australian way. We’ve taken over the mantle from the poms.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 am

What about being a whiny little bitch about people who are being whiny little bitches? Is that ok? Christ it’s an absolute minefield

Offy I think you’re on to something. The unbearable pressure to be that taciturn brute at the barbie clearly represses the inner ponce, with cataclysmic consequences
Beanpole wrote: