The old Realsurf

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

The old Realsurf

Post by Larry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm

I kept most of Larry's reports in a scrapbook, and in those distant days if anyone wanted a word they emailed me. I kept them too.

Friday 8 December 2000 11:05 am.

The Around the Bends Surf Report.

'It's dangerous out there Goat' ... I told him as I was drying off in the carpark twenty minutes ago.' Hesez. 'What! It's only two foot, dead glassy with tasty little walls into the corner every now and then ... and only four out.'

I had to be succinct now, the Goat wasn't listening .... 'It's the babe in the shorebreak, mate, the girl in the thong, the RED thong.'

The Goat's neck played dice as he whipped his head around .... 'Then there's the girl in the blue string bikini out there on a mal, mate, don't go!'

The Goat's eyes narrowed as he searched the line-up, a tough smile creeping over his face.

'I'll survive Laz,' he sez, 'she'll be right.' - and he's gone.

Here's to you, Roger, all the best.

Skipper
Duke Status

Re: The old Realsurf

Post by Skipper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:46 pm

The new Realsurf don't take too kindly to lascivious thoughts of young flesh nowadays Laz.

(has Roger kicked out?)

Larry
barnacle

Re: The old Realsurf

Post by Larry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Roger remains The Goat. He's been forecasting on the front page for a hundred years. Every now and the we'd bump into each other at Avalon, and depending on the current state of affairs that existed between the local lads and Larry the Avalon surf reporter, would either cross the road to keep out of range of the shotguns or say g'day.