bells @ woollamai

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:11 pm

i read in the daily telegraph that kelly slater was no match for bede but diidnt he lose by 0.7 or sumthin?

mad
charger

Post by mad » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:12 am

Congrats to Trent Munro. Great to see a local underdog get one up.
Watched a bit of it on the net via the new windows viewer, gotta love that shit. Classic Woolamai beachy bank, waves were on the small side but still contestable. Good to see Danny Wills get up there as well. Cockroaches dun good in the great south.

the truth

Post by the truth » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:32 am

whats all this 'local' stuff in regards to trent munro & bede durbidge??

munro is from scotts head & bede is from north straddie ...

bede rips & will take a few more prized scalps before the year is out ... great to see the brazilians bomb out like the frothing kooks they are.

mad
charger

Post by mad » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:47 am

Probably not as parochial as some Truth. Read local, think Aussie, e.g. Aussie wins international event in Oz. Appreciate the White Pages input really, and I gave nsw its due. Chill out its Friday, and yeah I reckon Durbidge will go off, but its a long year

Agro
regular

Post by Agro » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:13 am

One Mile Point wrote:i read in the daily telegraph that kelly slater was no match for bede but diidnt he lose by 0.7 or sumthin?
Bede won by 0.07 and I read that Slaters last wave should have been an 8.5 or 9 however it only got a 7.93.

Typically Telegraph article, way off the mark!

phil_mckrack

Post by phil_mckrack » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:10 pm

i think surf comps need longer waiting periods to get decent waves worthy of a comp that has so much cash put into it, its a joke to see so many of the surfing comps get put on in 1ft waves.

bro
Local

Post by bro » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:21 pm

This last comp being an exception name me the last WCT comp that went down in 1 foot waves "bend over man"?

phil_mckrack

Post by phil_mckrack » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 pm

there were many heats in the snapper comp that were held in poor quality waves with not much size, japan like every year, i dont know, i dont follow surfing to much just check it out in IT

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:02 pm

brazil euro leg is shithouse and fuken trestles