did anyone get any waves over the weekend?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Meataxe
barnacle

did anyone get any waves over the weekend?

Post by Meataxe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:57 am

I surfed both days and got little more than a blue bottle sting across my face.

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:57 pm

Beautiful weekend. Pretty ordinary in the surf though. Got half a doz nice 3fters ove a 4 surf weekend but that was about it. The rest was weak and short. Nice weather for paddling practise.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:27 pm

I was looking forward to some decent swell (what's that?) coming in on Saturday morning. I got up a bit after 6.00 am, had a look around and went back to bed wondering what happened to the swell that was supposed to come our way.

Same thing Sunday. Both days I ended up having a bodysurf. The swell was not bad for a body bash but a little too small and crowded for a surf.

Ah Wanto, how I would like to disappear up or down the coast whenever a swell threatens. Unfortunately, it's just not on.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:12 pm

kimmy, were u down national park? met achick down there who was havin' a nice time in the beachy after the reef.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:39 pm

yeah, surfed garie sat. was ordinary, close-out city and backwashy as hell! shoulda gone down the coast but my girl had b'day. ahhhrrgh the sacrifices. you suggested we go to the reef, but we thought it was too crowded. w/e crowds , yick. had a great surf there mid-week with a handful of crew. bigger too. hehe. gotta take-off on the boil kim, not too hard. it is actually harder to take off down the line. just have to be committed. i know what you mean about small take-off zone. any more than a handful of crew and every1 is paddling over each other. those rocks are pretty soft anyway. shit, i've gone head first dozens of times. lol. still about. hehe

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:27 pm

thx for b'day wishes.

my mate had the scruffy beard, thinks he bein' coooool beatnik. lol.

reckon every1 would be fine if ya had a go. no shame in charging, even if ya stuff up a few kim. don't worry bout what they think, go grrrl. if you are deep, they will wait.

the rocks always look closer than what they are ;)

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:34 pm

I had a great little surf around high tide on Saturday at Bondi, although since I had a bucks night saturday night I didn't get anywhere near the surf Sunday.

Maybe I was just lucky but I got at least half a dozen nice waves in the first half hour and maybe 3 in the half hour after that. Not epic but a nice righthander with a wally inside section to finish up on.

And when you say the reef at National PArk you mean the left down south past Little Garie? Or is there another one?

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:49 pm

nothin' past garie mr buzz.

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:28 pm

The weekend was not a total surf loss. I won a new stick in a Tsunami fundraiser raffle. Yeh ha. Thanks oh generous donators of charity graft.

mad
charger

Post by mad » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:59 am

NNSW copped about 3 to 4 ft of mixed swell, mainly east, bit of south. Offshores until mid morning got the beachies going, not all time at all but enough size and grunt on a freight train incoming tide and shallow sand bars to keep you interested.
Two lone sessions yesterday :lol: (a mate came out later) on me flexi. Not great but ya just wait for the right one and it comes. Got a bruised back (sandbar drilling) and a slashed foot(rock jump) and couldn't be happier. Tell me why, I do like Mondays, every second one at least?

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:50 pm

Long Reef bombie was breaking a solid 4ft on saturday morning. Good conditions, crowded with longboarders.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post subject: did anyone get any waves over the weekend?

Post by Johnno » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:00 pm

Mid North Coast had perfect conditions saturday morning 10 /10
glassy conditions head high sets every 2-3 min and water temp at 26C and so clear you could watch a mate in a barrel from behind the wave.
8 guys out at 2 to a peak over a 1.5 km beach good vibes good waves.
Afternoon session saw a N/E swell come in over the top of E swell and with a light N/E wind the outer bank was breaking at back beach at a round 2m with lefts breaking up to 150m to beach, long paddle back out but worth it.
Sunday was 8/10 as N swell made conditions a bit lumpy but still no more that 10 out in the morning and the afternoon wind was light direct E so barbie and beers was afternoon session. It can be a bit hard to take sometimes. :D