Help

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

unclethirsty
Grommet

Help

Post by unclethirsty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:37 am

I'm shattered... I'm sitting here looking at my PC & wondering what I'm going to do for 4 days "up the coast". Ya see the problem is as I said in my post on here under quickest surf is that due to injury I can't surf for a coupla weeks. Now that's all well & good because I've got plenty to do around the house. But i just realised that I now have to, for the first time since I've had a drivers licence (40+yrs), head north WITHOUT A BOARD. I don't know if the car will start without a board on it. I'm sure it will drive differently.
I don't think I can do it, what do normal people do to fill in their days. How do I survive without the late night expectation of a surf the next day, rushing around getting my s**t together, racing out the beach, 'cause ya know that extra 1minute will make the difference before the onshore hits, pulling up checking the surf, decisions decisions, out here, NO south, NO north the wind will change get there & get in for a couple of hours, aah that's better all good with the world,what happens for the rest of the day is, yeah whatever.
Am I going to have to get up & eat breakfast with the wife & friends (who don't surf) & actually talk to them about pertinent matters while I'm trying to look out the window at the surf & do the same at lunch & dinner for the next 4 days, (deep deep sigh). I'm reasonably sure these 4 days will shorten the time that I will spend in purgatory (I will surely go there while someone decides who wants me) 'cause I'm doing some early time here!!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Help

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:37 pm

I hope this isn't too cheeky of me to suggest uncle, but maybe there is a chance for growth in this occasion for you.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 pm

like it's good for us to lay aside the obsession when the opportunity arises.

unclethirsty
Grommet

Post by unclethirsty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Yes Nick your right, I'll look at this as a part of ongoing devolvement from a 'surfer' to a normal person as I'm supposed to do at my age & pretend that its the natural course of events, which it is. Meanwhile the handbreak has given me the, not too much booze, don't eat too much, you won't need the afternoon post surf pre happy hour siesta lecture, yadda yadda. I will try but I can't promise anything. WELL, on a good note the surf forecast is shite & it'll be cold so who knows...,not me!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Go fishing.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah, look at surfing as part of the experience. You can always do more next time.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Take a couple of cold ones down about 2-3 pm and watch some blokes rip it up. It's also fun if there's a couple of sea eagles or similar hanging around. Lots going on you don't notice when your not chasing waves.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Get up at the same time and do as Shearer suggested go fishing or walk etc Fill the void with another stimulating activity.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:16 am

What about a cry wank?
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.