Time for the rubber to hit the road...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: Time for the rubber to hit the road...

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Possibly Battery, if there's a rider keen to give it a go.

Battery
Grommet

Post by Battery » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:25 am

I reckon you should get in contact with Leroy Rust. Him and his mates are real good honest kid's, Ive had a bit to do with them when they were groms on the contest scene. They all charge and Leroy has a real natural affinity to riding waves on any type of board. {when he half gave a shit about contests he was effortlessly making finals on both a mal and a shortboard} Real point of difference to his surfing than the rest of the pack. A purist.
Dunedin crew but surf some gnarly ledges and big waves down South regularly. lack the ego and the don't need attention that some of these big wave guys chase either.
I was going to give you his details but checked FB and he's got an open page... so stalk away! good luck, I'd like to see and hear how the boards go . Less talk more action! {I say that in the nicest possible way}

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks I appreciate your input but really wtf?.... I have two of the world's most successful and famous big wave riders lining up to go for it and it's like 'never mind about that just send one board to a relative unknown who is publicity shy... makes no sense really... and it's almost like a 'get back in your box' sort of vibe.

Also the idea that the famous big wave riders are somehow morally suspect or less worthy because they are well known and accept that publicity is part of the game is ultra retarded. .... in fact I've often found that sometimes the 'local underground heroes' are more up themselves than the pros, they think very highly of themselves for avoiding publicity... it's a kind of inverted snobbery.

Nothing against Leroy Rust, I don't know him, I did meet Rod Rust once and he was extremely sour as he'd taken off behind me ( after I'd already been riding for some distance) during a heat in the Nationals and I didn't pull off the wave. I'm not a comp head so didn't know the interference rules... I asked him about it right afterwards and he was rude. My rule is take off behind me and I'll give you room but will stay on the wave if I feel like it.

Anyway what we are aiming at is a shot at the big time... having our designs at the top of the big wave comps and awards.... I'm not looking for someone to tell me if the boards work or not... I already know that they work.. I'm getting some pro surfers together and hoping that one or more of them like the concept and the performance enough to run with it and we'll start dialling in the refinements which they need individually.

Whether or not we'll do it depends upon whether or not there are enough people willing to pay to see it happen... if not then no worries, if so then good.

Battery
Grommet

Post by Battery » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Cool, guess we can just talk about how well your boards go in up to 50ft plus surf till you get that US 40K then.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Tooshay Battery... I suppose that's what we'll have to do then., we'll just keep going until we get there.

Anyway a couple of video updates are here, now that I've tamed the camera person it's probably going to be impossible to shut me up, and talking's a bit less tedious than typing with two fingers...

Besides I bagged Bert Burger's videos so it's only fair to give chaps the opportunity to bag mine.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghos ... 1#/updates

Just cut out an even more far out asymmetrical today an 11 footer @22.25 wide, cut it out and thought no f^cking way but I'm kind of warming up to it now if I look at it while standing on my head. I'll show you it tomorrow.

By the way contributing $1 means that you get to comment on the campaign stuff, amazing deal I'm sure :roll: but one has to toe the party line and post propaganda....
Last edited by Roy_Stewart on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:55 pm

fongss wrote:
Roy. Reconsider....your goal is to get your board ridden and design proved (or otherwise) In solid waves.

Take the chance....why not get a under ground n.z charger on it?
You could have results by yesterday......why stall the testing ?

P.s ive never heard of any your big time "name" team riders prehaps you could introduce them,plz?
Yeah you make a good case, I'll invite Leroy to participate as part of the team but it's all dependent on the campaign success.

Anyway here's a basic introduction to who the fellows are, their facebook pages ( all except Jeff Goulden who doesn't have one) can be found via the'r images on the front page here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghos ... 631#/story just scroll down a bit and click 'em.

Video :D:
v
v
https://youtu.be/4byjTdOhXO0

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Email to Leroy ( he's ditched his facebook page):

"Hi Leroy,

I thought that you might be interested in joining the team of riders on this campaign https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghos ... 631#/story Grant Baker, Anthony Tashnick, Chris Mumford, Jeff Goulden and Heath Joske are into it. It would be cool to have you on board and get your expert feedback.

You don't have to do much, just say yep and all going well get a board, you just have to ride it for a few sessions... more boards later if you like it.

If you are into it I'll send an invitation via Indiegogo."

Regards
Roy

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:25 am

fongss wrote:
P.s have u considered a tow in model?
Yeah but I can't be f vcked making stuff that I don't ride, it's a bore.

There's lots of sh*t that I won't make, like just about all normal surfboard designs. I only make what interests me.

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:00 am

:lol: I hate it when people take off behind me
Erase.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 am

Roy gonna get one of these down to Tassie for the shipsterns crew?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:53 am

Shipsterns with a 10 to 11 footer? Maybe not but a smaller version could go, once I get through all the gun boards.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Is it Roy Stewart or Roy Stuart? What is the purpose of crowd funding this experiment I noticed it's a transaction for fins or boards at the higher end of the donation scale. Don't want to dig into your own pocket to sponsor the testing of these boards?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Leroy's the real deal Roy, I'm sure he wouldn't let you down. He's not up himself in that inverted way nor in the other way.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:22 pm

We shall see Nick, he hasn't replied yet.

No shortage of riders but we could do with some enthusiasm so if you feel like spreading it around then go for it. :)

We have some top riders already, just need to put it all together. Don't really want to be told 'get back in your box and start with a local guy' ... if it happens it could be significant for the surfing world, so all you blokes get off fantasy Surfer and give it some support. It's not just about money either we are after an audience. You all know you'd like to see it.

http://igg.me/at/Ghost-riders
Last edited by Roy_Stewart on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm

rmb wrote:Is it Roy Stewart or Roy Stuart? What is the purpose of crowd funding this experiment I noticed it's a transaction for fins or boards at the higher end of the donation scale. Don't want to dig into your own pocket to sponsor the testing of these boards?
It's the same name, use whichever you like.

I'm shelling out don't worry about that, not just money either, about half my life as well.

It's not a board test per se I already know that they work, it's a push to the top although that will certainly involve tuning boards for each rider and valuable feedback for more R&D.

Battery
Grommet

Post by Battery » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 am

Thats great to invite Leroy to join the "team". But you sort of missed my point Roy.
Which was getting a board down to the deep South for use now, rather than waiting for you to get your 40K...
Board could be getting actual wave riding exposure now.
Cheapest big wave location in the world for you to send a board to.
A few photos could come of it.
Photos of riders on board in big waves rather than passport photos of big-wave riders on the crowdfunding page may give a little more incentive for people to invest their money in your vision of a future utopia of big wave riding.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:46 am

You don't seem to understand the finer points of how fleecing suckers works Battery.
You're talking to a guy who just sold a surfboard for a quarter of a million dollars. He's not going to waste time fcuking around down south.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 am

Battery wrote:Thats great to invite Leroy to join the "team". But you sort of missed my point Roy.
Which was getting a board down to the deep South for use now, rather than waiting for you to get your 40K...
Board could be getting actual wave riding exposure now.
Cheapest big wave location in the world for you to send a board to.
A few photos could come of it.
Photos of riders on board in big waves rather than passport photos of big-wave riders on the crowdfunding page may give a little more incentive for people to invest their money in your vision of a future utopia of big wave riding.
The catch is the Leroy isn't replying.