When Wamaii's big how do people get through the shorebreak

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

When Wamaii's big how do people get through the shorebreak

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:10 pm

How do they get out there farg the shorie is insane can anyone tell me if theres like a channel oin the side or something

who changed my fukin post
Last edited by One Mile Point on Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:26 pm

How the f a r k did you try and spell it? Well you are a Bulldogs fan, do ya do everything like them? Includeing skimping on your education?

Say it with me moron: W A I M E A

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:57 pm

_cant_touch_this

Say it with me moron
Includeing skimping on your education?
you go to the same school, Touchie.

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:02 pm

nah man ive got it he tries to act like a meathead thinking if ur footy ur in. he gets the gay mohawk mullets so he looks the part and then takes advantage of girls because the bulldogs do so

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:03 pm

im holding myself back from hurling so much abuse at u soon. I never knew how to spell it in the first place and plz dont abus emy school rip ur school anyday in the HSC

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:28 pm

The waimea question is a good one, regardless of spelling, i would like to know how they do it 2.

HB
regular

Post by HB » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:18 am

They bolt out in between sets. You see it on all the Eddie vids.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:40 am

..."it with me moron"....(moron)...
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 am

matt... wrote:..."it with me moron"....(moron)...
it makes sense with the "Say" it in front of it... (moron)

plus I would like to know as well, Btw if he is a mullet mowahawk *** tho, he deserves to be shot
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:47 am

they are giving all us blokes who have always had mullets, not out of choice originally but mum cutting the hair, a bad name :( bastards! i even had one faux mullet bondi loverboy ask me where i got my hair cut, bah!

Bananabender

Post by Bananabender » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:26 am

wanto wrote:on a 30 foot day you'll cop a couple but still managable.
...is that what happened to you last 30 ft day at the bay???? ;)

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:40 am

Classic, "a dry hair paddle"
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:49 pm

Sorry Wanto, not putting sh*t on you, I have just never thought of getting out the back with dry hair and thinking , "well done, a dry hair paddle, didn't have to work hard at all." I tend to dive under to control it when I first hit the water but I now will think differently. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use it when appropriate. Cheers!
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:11 pm

Spoon wrote:Sorry Wanto, not putting sh*t on you, I have just never thought of getting out the back with dry hair and thinking , "well done, a dry hair paddle, didn't have to work hard at all." I tend to dive under to control it when I first hit the water but I now will think differently. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use it when appropriate. Cheers!
mouwahahaha!

just for us amateurs who haven't surfed waimea at 30 ft before, is that a "dry hair paddle" or "hair dry paddle".....(???)

:lol:
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:41 pm

have surfed it bigger than 10', breaking properly and its not the getting out thats the hard part, its the coming in. Rode a 10'3" single fin out there and its not real easy to handle specially in a thumping shorey. Basically the beach is at a steep incline as far as beaches go, u hang in the eastern corner close to the point, the waves smashes into the sand, runs up the beach maybe 30ft, u sprint ur ass off at it, jump on ur board and paddle like hell and get sucked out and over the next one before it breaks, hopefully.

Got that part out of the way and paddled out and sat wide and then got the a big shock when i saw a set coming, cleaned up most but i managed to punch the board through the feathering lip and put in some big deep ones to get clear. Got bout 6 waves in an hour, last one to the beach, pulled over the back just before the dump and got dragged up the beach behind it, handled the suck back out and ran up the beach before the next one hit. Fluked the come in but was stoked, the idea of getting caned in the shorey with 10 feet of board attached to me leg was unappealing.