Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:21 pm

very much so Trev.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:38 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:21 pm
very much so Trev.
Hope the winds don't affect my local but if they do I'll go do battle with the crowds up north.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Might be a few mornings where it backs off enough for moffs.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:09 pm

Good luck finding a park, Trevor.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:31 pm

buddy wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:09 pm
Good luck finding a park, Trevor.
I can always find a park at Noosa.
If I go early enough. 😉
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:50 pm

Well good luck getting out after some trustafarian parks you in with his sprinter.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:01 pm

buddy wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:50 pm
Well good luck getting out after some trustafarian parks you in with his sprinter.
Haha!
One of my mates up there has one of those.
His name is also Trev.
For many years had a duplex unit he built way back.
Couple of years ago he sold it and bought in one of the retirement villages out along the river.
Then bought a Sprinter and converted it to a motorhome. (Which he has to park out in the street as it doesn't fit into the complex. 🤣
Spends a lot of time down Evans Head, Wooli and other parts thereabouts.

Haven't been parked in yet.
We've got a unit up on the headland we rent a couple of times a year. Walking distance to everywhere. Generally time in with the NFoS and the Wrecks and Relics.
Beanpole

Skipper

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:15 am

Meant to be 8-10ft here by this afternoon and 37c tomorrow. Weird times.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:21 am

This is behind a paywall but interesting. Courier Mail if anyone has access.

Dispute over Gold Coast surf photographer Martin Tullemans’ will.

The sister of late great Gold Coast surf photographer Martin Tullemans has lost her battle for most of his estate in a court dispute.
Beanpole

Skipper

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:24 am

Trev wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:21 am

The sister of late great Gold Coast surf photographer Martin Tullemans has lost her battle for most of his estate in a court dispute.
Cut and paste it, Trev.

Who won the case ?

Edit: Looks like the sister tried to scam his estate ...

https://beachgrit.com/2022/01/blood-feu ... -new-will/
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:32 am

Yuke Hunt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:24 am
Trev wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:21 am

Cut and paste it, Trev.

Who won the case ?

Edit: Looks like the sister tried to scam his estate ...

https://beachgrit.com/2022/01/blood-feu ... -new-will/
I don't have access. Won't pay for the Courier Mail.
Beanpole

Skipper

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:45 am

Trev wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:32 am

The Beachgrit article spells out the situation.

I visited Marty about 6 months before he went into the nursing home, as he wanted to sell me his water-housing. It was a custom made beast of a thing, designed and built by a mate and him. It housed an ancient Canon 5D MK1, and he wanted 2K (not negotiable) for it. I didn't end up buying it, as I'd just purchased a mint SPL housing for one of my 7D's. I regret not getting it, in hindsight it was an amazing piece of surfing history. It went missing after his death, along with a lot of other items of his. He was a mad little bloke, even before dementia set in.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:49 am

Yuke Hunt wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:45 am
Trev wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:32 am

The Beachgrit article spells out the situation.

I visited Marty about 6 months before he went into the nursing home, as he wanted to sell me his water-housing. It was a custom made beast of a thing, designed and built by a mate and him. It housed an ancient Canon 5D MK1, and he wanted 2K (not negotiable) for it. I didn't end up buying it, as I'd just purchased a mint SPL housing for one of my 7D's. I regret not getting it, in hindsight it was an amazing piece of surfing history. It went missing after his death, along with a lot of other items of his. He was a mad little bloke, even before dementia set in.
Surfed with him a few times at the Alley before I moved to. Sydney
Back then he just fitted seamlessly into the local group (of which he was obviously one).
Beanpole

Skipper

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:33 pm

In the last years before his passing he did a lot of walking..i mean a lot. He didnt use his car. He turned up at a garage sale at my parents place at Currumbin Waters and bought some pots and pans. I was leaving there and asked if he wanted a lift. He said no...just give me a sugar bag for the pots etc (where id get one i dont know).
We had a chat and he reckoned the thing with walking was that "nobody dropped in on you when walking"
Another photog friend who knew him well said Marty was fine as longs as he stayed on his Meds...but was notorious for not...;)

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:02 pm

This is free.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 6f0eae12aa

Sister seems a bit sus. She “finds” a mysterious will that’s been drawn up by her son and witnessed by a neighbour.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:32 am

Intrigue. Didn’t know surf photographers were that wealthy. I guess it explains how surfjournos can become property tycoons then.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:12 am

New Sunny Coast surf spot due to open next year.

https://www.sunshinecoastnews.com.au/20 ... wave-pool/
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:17 am

From The Inertia.

According to reports, Marcio Freire, a talented Brazilian big wave surfer, has died while surfing at Nazaré. He was 47 years old. At around 4:15 p.m., he caught a wave, wiped out, and lost consciousness. Lucas Chumbo was able to grab him and bring him to the beach, where rescuers immediately began resuscitation attempts. Sadly, their attempts were unsuccessful and he died on the beach.

This is the first surfing death at Nazaré, despite many close calls. Freire’s death will shake the big wave community hard.
Beanpole

Skipper