New Forum Page

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

New Forum Page

Post by Donweather » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Not sure about the new forum page. Looks good on a PC, but it's crap on my iphone.....can't see who has made the latest post nor any quick way to get to the last post made (on an iphone that is). Anyone else having this issue?

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Re: New Forum Page

Post by foamy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Don,
Don't you have 'Quick links' in the top left hand corner, from which you can select 'Active topics'?

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:00 pm

On mine I can see and by just clicking topic mine goes to latest post. Mine is 5s so is not the latest OS
Never confuse ambition with ability

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 pm

me too, its perfect on my iphone running OS4 i think (the old one).
On my pc at work it looks all over the shop.
Erase.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Have to turn my iPad sideways half the time to type.......but that's the iPad upgrade not this.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Wubic Pig
Harry the Hat

Post by Wubic Pig » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Donweather wrote:Not sure about the new forum page. Looks good on a PC, but it's crap on my iphone.....can't see who has made the latest post nor any quick way to get to the last post made (on an iphone that is). Anyone else having this issue?
On my samsung notepad it needs to be on it's side ie landscape for click on last post thingo - doesn't come up when it's portrait.
Beanpole wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:44 pm
You have nothing I want or need.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Shaunm wrote:On mine I can see and by just clicking topic mine goes to latest post. Mine is 5s so is not the latest OS
Well i just clicked the topic on my iPhone 5 OS7 and it took me to the start of the topic!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Donweather wrote:
Shaunm wrote:On mine I can see and by just clicking topic mine goes to latest post. Mine is 5s so is not the latest OS
Well i just clicked the topic on my iPhone 5 OS7 and it took me to the start of the topic!!
Of course it will.
You should have the same little orange flag/box to the left of the topic title to take you to the last unread post.
I don't have an iPhone. Just an S2. Pages look identical to a pc screen.
Only smaller.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Can someone explain to me what those things on the left of the topics on the Active Topics page are? The circles with the red star & the lines moving in them, and the ones shaped like a lightbulb. I'm actually getting a bit bugged out by them.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

They take you to the last post in the topic that you read. Think the light bulb means it is a sticky

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:16 am

That little red square to the left of the 'by alakaboo' takes me to the last post I've read. The ones on the index page are different. Some have moving lines, some don't. Some have a red star, some don't. Some have a red circle, some have a blue one. And some are lightbulb shaped, one of which is the 'what are you listening to today' thread which seems an odd choice for a sticky.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 am

At the bottom of a page is the 'Jump to' box. Previously, the forum you were in was prominent. This example would be 'General' and I'd have to click on the drop down to go elsewhere. Now you need the drop down to go anywhere at all or scroll back to the top of the page. The old way was better

Karlos; Except for the little orange square, I've never known what any of that shit signifies
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 am

I'm not sure why I'm getting stuck on it, but not knowing what it all means is just bugging me at the moment.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 am

Red means there are unread posts in it, blue means read, stars are for ones you've posted in, scrolling means it has a lot of posts/popular.
If light bulb doesn't mean a sticky then I've got nothing

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:10 am

I might be able to sleep a little easier tonight 'boo. However I would still appreciate knowing what the lightbulb is about.

Thank you.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:25 pm

swvic wrote:At the bottom of a page is the 'Jump to' box. Previously, the forum you were in was prominent. This example would be 'General' and I'd have to click on the drop down to go elsewhere. Now you need the drop down to go anywhere at all or scroll back to the top of the page. The old way was better

Karlos; Except for the little orange square, I've never known what any of that shit signifies
:oops: Found it. Now on the left under 'Post Reply'
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Yes I have, but not as well as I should due to the mystery of the RS doovalackys being on my mind.

But now my sleep will be sound and for that I thank you.