Legropes.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Re: Legropes.

Post by swvic » Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 am

Defending what I thought the obvious, I never let my board go if it might risk any poor bastard behind me. I sometimes do when it's safe for others and absolutely no chance of any success with the standard duckdive. This happens in the circumstances I described above. One particular spot is best at the max of it's holding capacity. On these days there are the odd cleanup sets coming through. I chuck the board (if safe) and hang on to the giant kelp growing there. The alternative is a close encounter with the base of a cliff. Been there and it's no fun
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Tue May 14, 2013 7:37 pm

+1 for DaKine, comfortable and durable. Had bad experiences with FCS leggies with the velcro coming unstuck, brand new too.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

jaytee wrote:+1 for DaKine, comfortable and durable. Had bad experiences with FCS leggies with the velcro coming unstuck, brand new too.
I've got one that does that.
"Creatures of Leisure" ???
Don't know where I got it from but it's been relegated to a spare.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

I dunno, it sounds to me as if you're all getting caught inside way too often.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Geez loofy. Everyone is saying they only do it if there's no one behind them. So, obviously you're not surfing with Realsurfers. :-)(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:I dunno, it sounds to me as if you're all getting caught inside way too often.
Can be hard to avoid at a lot of beachies.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 pm

loofy wrote:I do my upmost to never paddle out behind anyone these days...
Yeah, commonsense.

I always avoid paddling directly behind someone. What I hate is, just as a critical near-breaking wave approaches, the prick in front of me, instead of paddling straight ahead, changes direction and paddles right across my line effectively stopping me dead in my tracks and at risk of being caught by the lip. I almost went backwards over the falls just last Sunday thanks to a dickhead in front who cut across my line while paddling out :evil:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 am

thanks to Boos brilliant advice I was able to reuse some old components and get working leggie.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah sometimes people don't notice but other times your suddenly staring at the bottom of their feet as the lip is about to plow through. :-? :-?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?