A mate sent me this..

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pinhead
barnacle

Re: A mate sent me this..

Post by pinhead » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 am

rmb wrote:The board may be ok but why would anyone purchase a board off the shelf anyway especially for the cost of CI boards when you can get a shaper to design a board that suits your abilities and the waves you want to surf.
If you read the first post you'll see the guy is actually shaping a board for himself. So it will be a custom but from a less experienced shaper

hotcoffee

Post by hotcoffee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 am

So far this thread covers:

anger
hatred of surfing
vomiting
mormon bashing
propositions of violence towards my mate
lice covered ball sacks

And a discussion of Nick Carroll as a hero, villian and surfer of non-sh!t waves.

There's also been a very good discusion of progressive shapers and design changes one could make to an un-functional shape.

I'd say that makes this thread quite accomplished.

Yes I'm shaping a board. When I post pics of it the vitriol will be unreal I imagine.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 am

Natho wrote:rmb I gotta disagree re the purchasing a board off the shelf bit. Nothing wrong with it at all. At least you can see what you are getting.
Thinking that getting a custom means that u are automatically going to get a good board is a bit of con job. Unless u have had several boards from the one shaper then chances of getting a bad board are still just as high IMO.
CI boards are a different story because they are pumped out here on machine and there really is no such thing as custom in the true sense. They are finished off in 5 minutes by hand. So I agree re the cost for what u get when it comes to CI.
Off the shelf boards in general go through the same process as a custom from the same shaper in many cases. The name on the stringer is the bit that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy.
Natho I hear what your saying and my remark was a bit over the top in regards to boards of the shelf I have purchased boards off the shelf that I have found great as well as second handers off Ebay. I believe though if you are getting boards custom made from a good shaper you will find they can make adjustments to suit your ability and the waves you want to surf etc using your old boards as a template to make changes.

I did read HotCoffee was shaping his own version my comment were regarding the CI board in the video, All the best HotCoffee look forward to the ride report.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:50 am

I have to say there are some really funny comments on here…in fact they are so funny I spat my protein drink out onto my laptop which totally f-cked it…now im really f-cking angry when I should be happy.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 pm

As long as you are not blowing hotcoffee out your mouth KK :-o