Does anyone else find watching surfing boring?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Re: Does anyone else find watching surfing boring?

Post by swvic » Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 am

I can watch it all day long. Generally like watching people surfing the places I do more than the pros. I endeavour to learn from the good surfers among them, but truthfully I don't think it helps too much. I'm sadly resigning myself to the fact that it's getting rarer for me to be totally content with a surf. I'm frustrated that my consistency has faded over recent years and the kook element is increasing. I put it down to age and not surfing as much as I'd like to
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah I like watching locals more than pro's. Even better if they're local pro's.

A common surfing experience for me goes like this:

Me: christ these waves are shit... no way I'll get a decent one in this crap session...

**local charger tears one apart**

Me: Well ok maybe it's not the waves...

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu May 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Being in the water and watching good back side barrel riding is pretty tops to watch, and show me any surfer of any level who nails a gooden and shrugs their shoulders after one.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu May 10, 2012 6:02 pm

alakaboo wrote:You just described my surf this morning.
Was trying a few technical changes, I'm sure I would've been highly entertaining.
Fortunately I'm still a child in the surf, fcuk knows how you'd get good at surfing if you took it up late and take yourself seriously.

Haha, spork beat me to it
Definitely me last Sunday. Scored this absolute cracker and I was actually almost hyperventilating after it. Still kind of remember what I think I did but kind of not as well. Everything else was a mixed bag after that but I know exactly what happened on all the other ones.
Junior said you could have got barrelled if you stalled :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

So presumably Nick's pleasure in watching average surfers goes beyond :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?