NSW Supreme Court finds against Chilli

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: NSW Supreme Court finds against Chilli

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:38 pm

daryl wrote:Dyslexic was my supervisors excuse too, last week even admitted that maybe they could've helped when they were meant to. Better late than never, last minute offer of corrections underway as we speak.
progress, Daz?

RichQ
regular

Post by RichQ » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Chilli actually told me " I hate getting dusty!".... Can you imagine a
shaper who hates getting dusty! It's a normal every day condition
FFS!
Hey Daz, am back in the bay after an extended " break".... Call me if
You want one.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 pm

purely medicinal...a known cure for dyslexia eh ric?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

alakaboo wrote:
daryl wrote:Dyslexic was my supervisors excuse too, last week even admitted that maybe they could've helped when they were meant to. Better late than never, last minute offer of corrections underway as we speak.
progress, Daz?
there's a phd working on it. they offered to fudge the data band I said fine, went home killed the night re-running with a different decimal and got almost perfect results all round for the experiment.
Re-ran data for the one decent patient dataset, the others I've bee nscreaming were shit, but I don't get to run the big machinery that collects data.
Ran my own equations against the computer and seem to have demolishied it's validity and ewstablished mine, there's no bench mark bsides one lot for the experiment that I did from given input, so my stuff is ahead as far as I can see.

My objections to the examiner are noted, and I'm to keep my head down, can't think what that means.

Didn't know you could extend forever :shock:

So when the phd girl is finished reducing it from my current 140 pages to maybe 100, it's my turn to put it back together with the good results.

Oldman, the shed's still there! Might be able to celebrate with another RQ one day, in the meantime magic RichQ keeps me grinning, even if it's not going anywhere often, me freediving when it's flat :)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Hollowed out wrote:purely medicinal...a known cure for dyslexia eh ric?
no mate, a cure for f*ckwits... powdering ’em that is... maybe we can call it soylent white?

Hey Rich, dusty, whats that, I think I miss the smell rather than the dust? Back in the bay, ’bout time too, you lazy mofo. ’bout time I started making the ‘odd’ one again. This paying for stuff is seriously overrated.

Haven’t called you back yet but I think you got the gist of the trip.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:29 pm

RichQ wrote:Hey Daz, am back in the bay after an extended " break".... Call me if
You want one.
Hey RichQ, great to hear you are back in the sheds. A little birdie told me you were on an extended break.

I bought one of your creations from said little birdie. Although it is probably a bit more foam than if you had made it for me, it's a cracker of a board. Turned my head around on the beauty of a well crafted pintail.

I'm wishing you well from a distance. Our paths may cross again. Either way, go well whatever you are doing.

And savour the farking karma payback you are witnessing. A great many are good hearted, hard working people who await the day the shysters get their comeuppance. If that is the situation you find yourself in, sit down and enjoy a quiet beer and think about what integrity feels like.

There are plenty of people who will never know that feeling.

Maybe I'll put a beer in front of you one day. Certainly if I find myself in need of another board I will only be calling you or that other guy,

or maybe Josh Dowling, if my payday comes in. :lol:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

^had to laugh and giggle happily

RichQ
regular

Post by RichQ » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks Olds for the kind words, I'm enjoying being back in thebay
getting all dusty again!
To be fair to Chilli, I know what a seductive mistress surfboard
making can be & in trying to be successful you make some big
Sacrifices for" The Business"....seems he was quite ruthless in his
choices.... Ive never met someone so focused on their "Thing" as
James. A lot of people , me one of them, have been left bitter by their
dealings with James & Chilli surfboards & in their climb to the top
they trod on alot of fingers.
I think surfboards are special things, if you mass produce them they
stop being special & just become a" Thing".
I hope Simone gets justice.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am

I don't know Chilli.i have one of his boards which goes fairly well.Not the best board I've had, but better than the average.I don't even know the full story of his private and business life, nor do I care. It just seems to me that some of you are thriving on kicking a dog when they are down.its funny how people love to put the boot in and air the dirty laundry at another's expense.Mabye he deserved it, maybe he didn't but I'm sure the truth in all this probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Get the full story on Base and that will give yas a few more shapers that you can all put the boot into to keep you going.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 am

Natho, I do not think this has anything to do with" kicking a dog when he is down". Take some time to read what went down from the judgements and any reader will see that it was Chilli that was laying the boot in when someone was down. Simone was on the recieving end of his boot and now she has had the guts to "kick" back and rather than the rest of us turning and blind eye and buying Chilli boards oblivious to the actions of the hand that shaped them, I can now make an informed choice whether or not i would choose to buy a Chilli surfboard and support his brand. I for one will not but those who do will at least do it on an informed basis...eyes wide open is always good.
If you want to continue the dog analagy, hey there are a lot of nice ones and there are some very nasty ones that are cunning, attack for no reason, steal others food and shit on whatever they like. best way to treat 'em is collar them and train them to behave...you work it out

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 am

Just a word of caution from an old mod. Be careful about what you say about people, and what you imply about their behaviour, habits and so forth.

that is all.

josh
the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 am

Good advice and reminder collnarra, I for one am expressing my own opinions formed from quite public information that can be read or inferred from the judgements and other sources and it is fair to say that this is a matter of public Interest in our industry and culture and should be discussed accordingly as oppression is pretty nasty stuff and that is what I read the court has found has occurred to Simone

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 am

collnarra wrote:Just a word of caution from an old mod. Be careful about what you say about people, and what you imply about their behaviour, habits and so forth.

that is all.

josh
Thanks Josh. I was a little concerned about this. Hopefully the above is all OK.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:52 am

Yeh talk about opening somebody elses Komono.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:25 pm

I've had a few Chilli boards. As per Natho's comment they go pretty good but I really couldn't give a rats about the inner workings of the mind that "made" them no matter how twisted it may be. I just don't care. What I do care about how it feel under my arm and how it feels on that first bottom turn.

But this little surf industry baitch fest thread has me intrigued. When I've looked at or ordered boards for the last 35 years have I got it wrong? By Mr Hollowed out's logic I should only be selecting/purchasing from morally upstanding and ethically sound shapers and suppliers who've never done any wrong. Yeah right....

I don't condone Chilli's actions and it's clear a few bridges have been burnt with Chilli but the stink of an alterior agenda here is very strong and it seems to be coming from your kitchen Hollowed out.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:43 pm

hey Cyclops, no agenda, no connection..nuttin
just reckon if ya in the dark, no choices. If ya informed, ya can go in yes wide open.
Hey, seems other people on here have had some history and may never have known what transpired (at least what the court record shows). You may not care and good on you, but others may care who shapes their boards or does their accounting, it is just a heads up and I for one support Simone (don't even know her) for taking a stand to get justice and not just get bullied into silence by lazy cnuts who don't give a toss...unless of course it is them coping it, then they squeal like stuck pigs

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

BTW cyclops, your insinuation that I had an agenda got me thinkin...seeing you have been a RS member for over 5 years and have only made 1 other post besides the one subject of this reply...makes me think, maybe you are the one with an agenda to muddy the waters/
Maybe not, but ya don't seem to have an opinion on much, and geez there has been plenty to have an opinion on in this forum in 5 years, so whatever made you sneeze??

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Typical stupid response from someone who it appears obvious does have an agenda in all this.Take you agendas and shove em up ya clacker.