Kelly's a stoner

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Kelly's a stoner

Post by steve shearer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm

The father in law bought around 30 for 30 XXXX Gold cans so I've got a few spare ones.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Legion wrote:Have to say I agree with him:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sport ... 6280289896
Apparently some of those Brazo MMA Ju Jitsu fighters swear by the choof for a training method - something to do with centring the mind.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Stockbrokers need a bit of mind centering too .

gabsouy
regular

Post by gabsouy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:36 pm

smack helped m.p. chased the dragon just before the last stubbies win.......

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:52 pm

steve shearer wrote:If Dane surfs drunk and gets breath tested out of the comp I'll bow down in great respect.
when they used to run the lennox masters, just before they went out for the final, baker was on the beach stretching, pysching alone. siddo was with the boys carrying on, sculled a stubbie before pullin the singlet on. he went out, tore the shit outa it, became the lennox master.......

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

You only need to reflect on its effect on driving performance to realise how relative your "really great" performance in the surf was.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:15 am

Marijuana performance enhancing!!??? ha ha only in your head.

Just think about it for half a second, you smoke a couple of hash cones....then walk out into the most searingly public surfing situation on the PLANET...on TV...wearing a coloured singlet...to be JUDGED on your every single ride by a panel of people in a giant box on the beach....witnessed by up to 5000 people...while two men yell at you through a massive PA system.

Yeah that is gonna work.

I should know; both myself and Gary "Stickman" Green experimented considerably with the effects of marijuana on contest performance and I think we both came to the same conclusion. (I only "think" this because we were too stoned to discuss it properly.)

re exclusion of weed, ha ha ha ha ha -- since every other sport under the WADA protocol tests for marijuana, and surfing lives under the vague shadow of Jeff Spicoli, doesn't anybody suspect that by cutting dope out of the testing, just perhaps you'd be giving a lot of smartarse journalists a bit of a free kick????

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 am

marijuana is detectable for three months after use, three months after the effects have worn off.

so, rather than give a free kick to journalists to make stoner jokes about surfers, surfers will be stripped of their title for having smoked a joint anytime in the last 12 weeks.

maybe it's time someone had the balls to say fuck the war on marijunana. hope all the people pushing this and those not pushing back die from cirhossis of the liver.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 am

Anyone notice how the Netherlands has degenerated into a hopeless country of stoned gibbering morons who can't function because pot is effectively legal there ?
Thought not .....

Are Dutch people performance enhanced supermen ?
Obviously not .

If pot was as bad as they say , or as " good 'as some say , then the vast majority of people wouldn't grow out of it ( while retaining some nostalgia of funny times past )

Shari
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shari » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am

Here's the message I posted on the Fox Sports web site story. Interested in any comments.

ok, so say you have a mental health problem and take some of those happy pills that half the planet seems to be on. You couldn't perform nearly as well without them. In fact, from what I've seen, taken off them on a day, soon, you wouldn't be able to perform at all. So, then these drugs must also be considered performance-enhancing and we'll have to ban them. No, huh? Sigh .. the lowly marijuana plant is on the chopping block again - pardon the pun - when anyone who's ever smoked any knows that there is no way it is going to make you go faster. The one thing I've seen common across the planet is that, other than the desire for happiness, everyone needs to get high sometimes. Catching the link here? Alcohol, drugs, gambling, food, shopping, playing the stocks (oops, I already mentioned gambling), religion, exercise, self-help books. Everyone does something. And until marijuana can be deemed as performance-enhancing and until it can be tested for effect, not for its lingering presence in the body, testing for it is just another chance for the anti-eveything-I'm-not-doing people to take a shot from the pulpit. Duck!

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:03 pm

still here wrote: Are Dutch people performance enhanced supermen ?
Obviously not .
)
Well they dominate world surfing don't they?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 pm

I remember having to score off the crims.
I remember mates going through my clothes when I was in the surf- so they could take my money and score blocks of hash and buddha sticks.
I remember seeing nice kids I grew up with going through the gateway into heroin, datura, acid -anything and everything they could get their hands on... and most never came back.
I remember splitting with that scene but still being fascinated by surfing but just steering clear of the mainstream- cones and mayhem
I remember getting news occasionally of my old peers dying, one by one - some violently, some quickly O'ding on that scene . God I was glad I walked away.
I remember peers at uni coming to class stoned and looking at me as if I hadnt discovered life and my aquiesance hiding a secet lifetime lived before they were wearing long pants. I remember them failing.

I remember being resented by the old crew up the coast, still bonging away every night bonded by their selfish gravitas, dragging each other further into their self imposed hell- each light at the end of the tunnel another impending trainwreck.

I remember one, a father, his kids lives lost to his memory, obliterated in a daily smoke induced haze. Numbing decades. Waking one day from his living coma, to find angry young men that did not respect him or the coned out shell he had become.

I know I've never met a happy alcoholic or a stoner with their act together. I know that the handicap of that time, is still the occasional frustrating, loss of syntax in my thought process, the price I keep from my wild days of experimentation.

Smoke On ... Smoke Off- Its easy and its my right after all ITS A FREE WORLD ! ISN'T IT ?

Nothings free, eveything comes at a cost ... So choose your poison carefully. :twisted:

I see no reason to cheat myself of this clarity I enjoy.

8)
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Marijuana performance enhancing!!??? ha ha only in your head.

Just think about it for half a second, you smoke a couple of hash cones....then walk out into the most searingly public surfing situation on the PLANET...on TV...wearing a coloured singlet...to be JUDGED on your every single ride by a panel of people in a giant box on the beach....witnessed by up to 5000 people...while two men yell at you through a massive PA system.

Yeah that is gonna work.

I should know; both myself and Gary "Stickman" Green experimented considerably with the effects of marijuana on contest performance and I think we both came to the same conclusion. (I only "think" this because we were too stoned to discuss it properly.)

re exclusion of weed, ha ha ha ha ha -- since every other sport under the WADA protocol tests for marijuana, and surfing lives under the vague shadow of Jeff Spicoli, doesn't anybody suspect that by cutting dope out of the testing, just perhaps you'd be giving a lot of smartarse journalists a bit of a free kick????
They don't need to cut it out-just have the three strikes rule like AFL...geez, those guys can be caught with marching powder in them and get off as it is considered 'social'.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 am

moondoggie wrote:I remember having to score off the crims.
I remember mates going through my clothes when I was in the surf- so they could take my money and score blocks of hash and buddha sticks.
I remember seeing nice kids I grew up with going through the gateway into heroin, datura, acid -anything and everything they could get their hands on... and most never came back.
I remember splitting with that scene but still being fascinated by surfing but just steering clear of the mainstream- cones and mayhem
I remember getting news occasionally of my old peers dying, one by one - some violently, some quickly O'ding on that scene . God I was glad I walked away.
I remember peers at uni coming to class stoned and looking at me as if I hadnt discovered life and my aquiesance hiding a secet lifetime lived before they were wearing long pants. I remember them failing.

I remember being resented by the old crew up the coast, still bonging away every night bonded by their selfish gravitas, dragging each other further into their self imposed hell- each light at the end of the tunnel another impending trainwreck.

I remember one, a father, his kids lives lost to his memory, obliterated in a daily smoke induced haze. Numbing decades. Waking one day from his living coma, to find angry young men that did not respect him or the coned out shell he had become.

I know I've never met a happy alcoholic or a stoner with their act together. I know that the handicap of that time, is still the occasional frustrating, loss of syntax in my thought process, the price I keep from my wild days of experimentation.

Smoke On ... Smoke Off- Its easy and its my right after all ITS A FREE WORLD ! ISN'T IT ?

Nothings free, eveything comes at a cost ... So choose your poison carefully. :twisted:

8)

+ 1000

I had a football coach, early 30's, would often forget to turn up to training. Pretty sure he lived in someones garage. A real winner that bloke. Funny people think pot is "harmless". My experience, while not as serious as yours, makes me disagree. Now and then catch up with people i used to know. I just shake my head, and thank my lucky stars i didn't end up like them.

Its fun at first, but when the novelty wears off, and you're still doing it for no real reason, that's where it all goes pear shaped. Gets kinda pathetic IMHO. No more pathetic than the guy who has a 6 pack every day after work, rain hail or shine though.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:00 am

Beerfan wrote:
moondoggie wrote:I remember having to score off the crims.

8)

+ 1000

I had a football coach, early 30's, would often forget to turn up to training. Pretty sure he lived in someones garage. A real winner that bloke. Funny people think pot is "harmless". My experience, while not as serious as yours, makes me disagree. Now and then catch up with people i used to know. I just shake my head, and thank my lucky stars i didn't end up like them.

Its fun at first, but when the novelty wears off, and you're still doing it for no real reason, that's where it all goes pear shaped. Gets kinda pathetic IMHO. No more pathetic than the guy who has a 6 pack every day after work, rain hail or shine though.
saw a youngster getting booked on he street, and my housemate tells me him and his mate were picked up late at night close by, both long time local residents, and interrogated about drug use.
Hate the intrusion, agree about the effects.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

drugs are bad for you

They f-ck you up.

then you go mad

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

tomtom wrote:Surfing stoned is a pleasurable experience, I must agree.

Now, surfing on acid - that shit is all time.
fark you are awesome
Uni is not the real world.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

^^^^
Yeah. If you don't believe him look at the poo thread. :P
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.