Crossing rivers / inlets

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

haysie
regular

Crossing rivers / inlets

Post by haysie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:04 pm

How do you guys do it? By yourself, one-by-one, or in a large group?

The reason I ask is that last time I was at Port Mac I crossed the seaway by myself, and let rip a Hatchy special (Aquaturd) when a 2ft tall fin popped up in front of me, head on.
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Beerfan

Re: Crossing rivers / inlets

Post by Beerfan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:03 pm

One arm after the other will usually result in forward propulsion until you are across the other side. I used to do it solo pre dawn locally but i doubt any sharks would be able to get in there.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:22 pm

haysie wrote:How do you guys do it? By yourself, one-by-one, or in a large group?

The reason I ask is that last time I was at Port Mac I crossed the seaway by myself, and let rip a Hatchy special (Aquaturd) when a 2ft tall fin popped up in front of me, head on.
Now theres a bit of bravado, haysie.
Crossing the seaway. May as well pause to drop a grogan in the middle.
I usually feel like that when I put myself in that sort of situation but tend to have the-lets get the hell out of here motor going.
Why didn't you coat yourself in mullet guts before diving in?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh yeah, I'm a god amongst men. I don't have any qualms with that. You should all just accept it. :lol:

I don't want to fork out the money for the straddy ferry, but i'm a little scarred over my last experience. Also, it seems like sharks up here are more vicious.
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy