Board needed

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

haysie
regular

Board needed

Post by haysie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

Hey guys,

I spent my christmas in the Wollongong area (Where I grew up + with family) and the girlfriend flew down to stay with me in Kangaroo Valley for a while. Now, being the considerate type, of course I agreed to drive back up to Brisbane with her. At the time I didn't think how this would affect my boards that occupied the passenger seat, and being a sedan with no roof racks, they had to stay! A toss-up between a couple of great boards or the sex fairy not visiting for a LONG time.

I think my little brother will enjoy his new presents.

But for me, it's shithouse, because now I don't have a board at all. So I'm wondering if any of you blokes around the GC / Brisbane / Sunny Coast have a 6'2"-ish x 19-ish by 2 1/2 (I'm 95kg) board that you're looking to flog off, or know of anything going cheap?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Cheers guys

Haysie
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

speedneedle
charger

Re: Board needed

Post by speedneedle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 am

Haysie - having no boards should be punishment enough for succumbing to the seductions of the sex fairies.

But you will be punished further! Nobody here will sell you a board for at least a month. No Surf For A Month!

Seriously man, where's the priorities? The worst bit is that you could have had it both ways. Many a board has travelled with nothing but its own legrope strapping it onto the roof.

Many a board...

And I've even driven with the board under my arm out the window.

No excuses!

JD

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 am

Agreed, poke it out the boot or window, even between the seats so she has to change gears for you, but yur brother got the best deal imho.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 am

Josh, not going to lie, I considered duct-taping them on. I would have made a pair of roof racks but my Volvo is new-ish, and is one of those cars that only has the rivet/plug things in the roof instead of the gutters. (Yes it's a Volvo, I wear a tweed hat and coat, drop the kids off to soccer practice and then go for brunch hardy har har)

Spork... it was a long car trip, that area between the seats and above the gearstick needed to be clear so she could... *ahem*... lean over onto my side of the car :wink:
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:26 am

My fave pozzy for oral sex....does the Vulva have a sunroof?
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

speedneedle
charger

Post by speedneedle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:35 am

Haysie - you're vacilliating...

I meant that you can strap a board on directly to the roof with the leggy looped through the cabin soft-rack style.

No gutters? No problem!

Anyway, I won't go on. Youre probably sore with me already!

JD

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:44 am

I have chosen beaver over a board before but she was a Brazilian bubble butt that loved to...( better stp there :roll: :) ), anyway, sometimes beaver is harder to find than new sled.....sent you a PM about a few board options...I know a shop that selling some off damn cheap, Aussie made too, not mine either.... 8)

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:44 am

I actually snapped the leggy in boxing day surf at the Wreck on the way down there... tied it back up with a shoelace.
Wouldn't the board be flapping around and bouncing up and down on the roof? And stress the shit out of the nose?

Spork - No such luck with the sunroof. Although I think I get what you're alluding to, and I am now seriously considering getting one installed :lol:

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:58 am

Fingers crossed I'm driving past there within the next day or two, if my passenger isn't too upset at losing his floater you'd be welcome to it for not much.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 pm

daryl wrote:Fingers crossed I'm driving past there within the next day or two, if my passenger isn't too upset at losing his floater you'd be welcome to it for not much.
You're driving past Brisbane?
Think of all the delights you'll be missing. :roll:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Like... the atrocious maze of tunnels that are bleeding the city dry, financially!
And the pretentious "beach" that decided to sit itself in South Bank Gardens!
And a river that's always a thick, treacly poo brown colour!

I've got the resume ready to send to Tourism QLD.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

haysie wrote:Like... the atrocious maze of tunnels that are bleeding the city dry, financially!

Is there something I should know about, besides the by-pass?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

daryl wrote:
haysie wrote:Like... the atrocious maze of tunnels that are bleeding the city dry, financially!

Is there something I should know about, besides the by-pass?
If you're using the Gateway Arterial have you got an e-tag?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Yup. Bee-p or is it or bleep

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Gold Coast now, be in Noosa tomorrrow if u want the board

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:07 am

daryl wrote:Gold Coast now, be in Noosa tomorrrow if u want the board
Apparently not. Spare in case you need it. Have fun
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Are you with Daryl, vicco?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Nah, mate. Not sure if I wish I was or not either. Not expecting a quality wave down here 'til Mon morn. Seems to be a few waves around up there if you can dodge the pack. Sure it would be an interesting time traveling with daryl, though

I was just being a smartarse, because you hadn't responded to his offer. For all I know, you could have pm ed him or have limited time to get on net. So I guess an apology is warranted. Hope you get the board situation sorted by any means
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?