Kite Surfing

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: Kite Surfing

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Tried it, love it, got lifted and came down in the shorey. Cracked me tail bone....thanked not me ankle. No interest try it again. Well...a little...anything to escape crowds theses days (;
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 pm

C'mon Tim the Sunny Hoax is tailor made for kite surfing.

Hey, you coming down my Xmas party.......got 3 nice tailor off the stones on hard-bodied minnow this arvo....cheap one from K-mart that looks exactly like a whitebait.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 am

steve shearer wrote:C'mon Tim the Sunny Hoax is tailor made for kite surfing.

i'm trying get excited about the coming swell....me and 55 thousand my close mates :cry:

watch 3 guys surf from stummers too sunshine this arvo....on kites

spoke too them on their getting out ( was walking my dog)

they all told me exactly wat u said :shock:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:
steve shearer wrote:C'mon Tim the Sunny Hoax is tailor made for kite surfing.

i'm trying get excited about the coming swell....me and 55 thousand my close mates :cry:

watch 3 guys surf from stummers too sunshine this arvo....on kites

spoke too them on their getting out ( was walking my dog)

they all told me exactly wat u said :shock:
smallhouse is a windsurfer. I wonder if he kite surfs as well. Be good to get some input from him.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 am

My current project is building a beach sailer from an offroad skateboard and my old windsurfer rig. Should be awesome fun during long flat spells with NE onshores predicted for summer.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

Rude_Beef
regular

Post by Rude_Beef » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Ive just started to get into kiting. Had a lesson and a few sessions myself. Though I've done a decent amount of sailing/windsurfing I found it quite intimidating and frustrating to start with. But then.....after a few goes you're fanging along popping off chop at what feels like a million miles. Unreal! There is a bit of gear, but it can all fit into a backpack with ya board under your arm, not too bad. Can't wait to hit the Sunny Coast for some downwinders.

I'm in North Qld till Feb and got started with the intention of taking it into the surf once I'm home. Can't wait. Cost around $1500 plus $200 in lessons to get moving.

Any water time is good time (and it poos all over windsurfing)

'llo-and Behold
regular

Post by 'llo-and Behold » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm set to go. Got trainer kite and all the stuff (except kite board leash), under $800. Now just need to fork out for lessons. My mate says it's a must. The kite boarders are literally doing laps around me as I sit in the sideshore junk of my city. Here's to hoping it's not wasted money.