Occy ???!!!??? Noooooooooo !!!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

scod
regular
Location: Riding along the border, with a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers in my hand

Occy ???!!!??? Noooooooooo !!!!

Post by scod » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:43 am

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars/

Occ is one of the surfers I admired most.

Just the thought of this is hard to take, I won't be watching it. There is hope in me that Occ will treat it with the contempt it deserves though I guess after the skoda commercials its naive of me.

I'm aware of the logical arguments that may be thrown up, he's entitled to make a dollar, blah blah blah, but the era that Occ surfed in is a time I really enjoyed. I'm about the same age as Occ, so just outta school, wild times drinking, partying and surfing, the water was cleaner (not at manly), less sharks, less ppl, no melanomas, durries were still good for you, better waves and piping hot still made wetties (mine was blue and pink !!!!)

I refuse to grow old. Tonite I will drive down to Manly with my surf gear, park at Manly infront of the Manly Pacific, drink meself stoopid at the Hotel Manly (who knows who mite be playing), avoid the manly dags, get some food from the baker at 3am and crash in the car and wait for the dawny.

Mmmmmmm, livin in the past.

marcus
Owl status

Re: Occy ???!!!??? Noooooooooo !!!!

Post by marcus » Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 pm

hey seemed to take it well
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun May 08, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm sure he got a new demographic watching. Me for a start. Have to agree with the judges re: his performance.
I reckon its worth voting for him to derail the show plus its a worthy cause. Someone renowned for being clumsy on the ground dancing it up.Go Occy.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

I thought they were a bit harsh on him having just seen it on youtube... What more do they expect from a goofy footed surfer? :lol:

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 am

hey bumfluff, who is the dude in your signature?
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Mon May 09, 2011 2:21 pm

scod wrote: I refuse to grow old. Tonite I will drive down to Manly with my surf gear, park at Manly infront of the Manly Pacific, drink meself stoopid at the Hotel Manly (who knows who mite be playing), avoid the manly dags, get some food from the baker at 3am and crash in the car and wait for the dawny.

Mmmmmmm, livin in the past.
The Manly Dags? Sheeeit scod, there's a bunch of idiots I haven't given a thought to in about 25 years. What were there, about 6 of them? Four when the two retarded brothers were in the clink. Racking my brain trying to remember those two idiots names...

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon May 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I hate to admit it, the way he danced looked like he had recently had an unfortunate surfboard accident with his behind, but good on him for giving it a go.

He probably knew he was terrible at dancing but wanted to give it a go anyway, and I like the fact hes a more humble and honest personality than a "social superstar" for example.

Go Occy! (might not get any trophies here and will miss out on plenty of good sessions at the superbank tho)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon May 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Nobody should be surprised: this is something Occy has wanted to do since he was a boy. It's always been a dream of his to get into show business. Maybe this could be his big break.

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Mon May 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Good Perv. Shit show

still here
charger

Post by still here » Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm

He looked stunning , absolutely fabulous :shock: ...... in something resembling a shiny black long john wetsuit !!!
Probably got some nifty marketing deal going with his wettie sponsor to relaunch into that niche market - "the long John " :idea:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

marcus wrote:hey bumfluff, who is the dude in your signature?
It's Alakaboo, our local Marine Biologist who knows FA about sharks. :o

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Mon May 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Go Occy! (might not get any trophies here and will miss out on plenty of good sessions at the superbank tho)
I'm no dance expert but I'm pretty sure poor ol' Occy will be back tearing the surf apart fairly soon. I don't judge him for having a go at something different and afterwards he seemed to be well aware of where his skills lie. By the way he and other top athletes dance it probably goes to show how hard it really is. If anything he made a few more people watch the show, and I will probably watch it till he gets voted out, I expect next week.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue May 10, 2011 10:22 pm

He's always pretty spontaneous in the surf but that doesn't mean he can remember a dance routine. He should just cut loose like one judge said. I read his bio a while ago and it was a running gag how clumsy he was on land. Stubbing his toe every five minutes. Fun for his kids to see dad on the dance floor though.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 am

Oh come on! Are you scared you're going to turn gay from watching this show? What's the big fecking deal and what is wrong with Occy doing some dancing? Some people are so insecure about their masculinity, probably because they are latent homosexuals who are avoiding anything that'll wake them up. :D

He was funny, it was funny and worth watching. There are also quite a few of the lady dancers who are great to perv at whilst the missus watches the show.

You know that poor bastard that has to lift that fat Samantha Armitage off the floor with one hand? He gave my Wife and I our dancing lessons for our bridal waltz. Really nice bloke and yes very camp, but I wasn't scared I'd end up having him suck me off like some of you seem to be.... :D
Last edited by FishStick on Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
The wave at Curl Curl is so good they had to name it twice :mrgreen:

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 am

all this talk of occy, but what about the surfer dude on masterchef?

Royboys
regular

Post by Royboys » Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 pm

What about the nue trend of stiffness called plankin... plz excuze me gramma.
I've tried all the greasey moods & all the oily poles but it was a buttress root on ice.

It's a very contained examination of your being dancing with balance.
I observed a very steady hand & footwerk.

He's not giving away his surf-spots. 8)

longyfreshy
Grommet

Post by longyfreshy » Mon May 16, 2011 4:02 pm

As a woman I am loving Occy on Dancing with the stars. Yeah he can't dance for crap but I will look forward to seeing him improve and what hairstyle he will be wearing. :D I love his hair LOL!
I have in the past only watched bits and pieces of the show but Occy like I think many others is making me watch.
This goes to show that a great athlete/surfer who can be graceful and fluid in the ocean doesn't mean you can be on land. Unfortunately my surfing and dancing are both very ordinary. :lol:
Good onya Occy you are still in the comp and I hope the public keeps you in for a bit longer!

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Wasn’t McKenny found unconscious head down arse up in some Eastern suburb park not so long ago- seems only fitting that this type of persons be head judge for this reality master piece.

Occy is there for the skirt