free Inventions

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

marcus
Owl status

free Inventions

Post by marcus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Gday all
If anyone has some inventions they would like to give to the realsurf community, please do here.
I have quite a few, some of the not so important ones and ones that will benefit all humanity, i will give free of charge.
first is the PLORK
its a paperclip fork.
I dont have a picture of it, but if you imagine a fork bent over on itself, thats it.
it serves as both a paperclip and a fork.
i invented that one whist doing the washing up and an ex girlfreind at the time questioned whether i had really ever invented something. so i gave her the PLORK paperclip fork.

the second one is the chop fork.
Its like a chop stick, but instead you use two forks.
this way you can grab, poke and spoon your food.
this one takes a bit of practice.

3rd is the moovacCO2 system
you get a cow , you rig up a vacuum cleaner saddle that has fart sensors placed down near the udder section.
now the hosing from the vacuum collector is inserted into the cows anus by some bioflange flap that lets poo and wee fall out, but gasses stay in.
when the cows tummy rumbles, the moovaCO2 system turns on, sucking the fart gasses into storage canisters, then turns off when it senses no more fart.
this happens all day long while the cow grazes.
Then, when the cow goes in for milking it is hooked up to a docking station where the gasses are vacated to the farms larger canisters, ready for the gas to be used for generation of electricity.

i dont have any detailed diagrams, but if you picture a vacuum cleaner, a cow and a saddle, it will give you the idea.
Attachments
saddle.gif
saddle.gif (6.22 KiB) Viewed 6383 times
Blue-vacuum-cleaner.png
Canister_1.jpg
Canister_1.jpg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 6384 times
cow.jpg
cow.jpg (38.5 KiB) Viewed 6384 times
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

marcus
Owl status

Re: free Inventions

Post by marcus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm

the fourth one could be usefull for cutting down on CO2 emmisions and increasing public transport use.
I have commuted both from Newcastle and Wollongong to sydney for work and have found that some passengers lament the time it takes to get home (up to 3 hours) and that they miss out on an evening walk or exercise.

well i have the answer, at the back of the train have gym carriages whereby the exercise bikes are all linked to a big Dynometer that the start spinning, and the weights machines are linked to a hydraulic accumulator.
now when the train goes up a hill, or they want to speed things up to get home for home and away or deal or no deal, the train driver can access this harnessed energy and transform the potential into kinetic.
its a win win for everyone

you could also make it free for people that do the most work, so those peopel at central that ask for change so they can get a train to their dying child in hospital dont have to beg anymore.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm

I thought I'd invent a wetsuit with a flap that allows you to drain urine out of your crotch whilst in the surf.

I called it P1ss Flaps.

None of the major branded companies showed any interest so I shelved it...

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 pm

marcus wrote:the fourth one could be usefull for cutting down on CO2 emmisions and increasing public transport use.
I have commuted both from Newcastle and Wollongong to sydney for work and have found that some passengers lament the time it takes to get home (up to 3 hours) and that they miss out on an evening walk or exercise.

well i have the answer, at the back of the train have gym carriages whereby the exercise bikes are all linked to a big Dynometer that the start spinning, and the weights machines are linked to a hydraulic accumulator.
now when the train goes up a hill, or they want to speed things up to get home for home and away or deal or no deal, the train driver can access this harnessed energy and transform the potential into kinetic.
its a win win for everyone

you could also make it free for people that do the most work, so those peopel at central that ask for change so they can get a train to their dying child in hospital dont have to beg anymore.

But wait.. There's more.. Steak Knives have I told you about the steak knives?
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Some high school kid is accumulating more than enough coin for one of Roy's boards after developing a phone app to help you locate your car in a carpark.
Cool.
How bout one that helps you locate your mind when it wonders off. :idea:

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 pm

skipper wrote:Some high school kid is accumulating more than enough coin for one of Roy's boards after developing a phone app to help you locate your car in a carpark.
Cool.
How bout one that helps you locate your mind when it wanders off. :idea:
Fixed mate.. You can thank me over a coffee. Sorry to be Old's.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 pm

:roll: 8)
though as it's been said. Not all who wander are lost.

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:04 pm

I can't claim these 2 inventions but I have tried to do these crazy new moves but I don't have the skill level

Wave planking
thu029tg1 (Medium).jpg
Head-dip take off
thu049dh6 (Medium).jpg

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 pm

i've designed a fishing rod where the rod is free move ( rotates freely 180 degree) while the base the rod remains still...basicly in game fish situations it allows your rod move instantly on it's own too the optium postion....saves millieseconds...but...they can be valualable millieseconds....bigest fish are lost in first seconds a hook up...imo

i'm keen for r&d ...so if anyone would like try for free...i'd appreciate the feedback

i think it makes a difference :idea: :arrow:

also.....the bells on a rod when fishing at night and catching a snooze dates back roman times :roll:

i'm trying figure away that the drag on your reel is attached too some type electric alarm that screams

fish fish...wake up.... fish :D

or even better...it rings your mobile :idea:

for those us with...ahem...set lines :D
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:50 pm

i'm trying figure away that the drag on your reel is attached too some type electric alarm that screams

fish fish...wake up.... fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LOlk3OU ... re=related

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Fong, they are for Carp fishing.

need any help engineering/ designing or 3d modelling your idea, id be glad to help.
dont post it here if its any good, unless you are like tom morey and like to give your ideas to the public.http://tommorey.com/blog/?p=53

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 pm

want try one my moving rods marcus :?: .....i think they work....but i could be kidding myself....need a r& d pilot

i also want some help on my current invention......i'm trying get a solar panel i can mount on my boat.....so it trickle charges my battery

no more having charge up the night b4......longer lasting battery life thanks the increased input

some small $$$$ savings in power ....but carbon neutral :idea: 8)

if i fish all day in the sunlight....why not capture that sunlight charge my boats battery for the night fish...or power my electric :idea:

also...lot blokes sit there boats in the backyard between fishing......why not capture that sunlight too keep batterys ticking over :idea:

if u think this a good idea and want help....tell me and i'll delete it :mrgreen:

p.s my inventions shit all over yours :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:08 pm

yeah its a good idea fong, not sure if its similar to what boaties with slar panels do already.
Im not an expert on current (amps) and trickle voltage and all that. but ill tell you something.
I helped out at uni back 15 years ago these guys from Ulladulla made a solar powered ferry for Sydney harbour, they were trying to get it working for the Olympics.
it was called the solar sailor http://inhabitat.com/transportation-tue ... ar-sailor/
solar sailor.jpg
http://style-fyle.com/610/solar-powered-hybrid-ferries/
It runs on biodiesel, conventional fuels, the wind and solar generated electricity.
the wings actually turn to face the sun as the ferry turns around, so that the panels get the optimum amount of sunlight.
I knew the guy that did the algorithms and programming of the wings for his thesis.
into the software goes the time of day, time of year and direction the vessel is compared to the azimuth angle of the sun.

here is another idea i found on the kayaking forums
SolarPoweredKayak1w.jpg
a solar powered fishing kayak. http://www.solarpoweredkayak.com/

back to your idea fong, i think people are already doing similar things, but using them as a back up.
my cousin has a solar panel on his old wooden boat to pump out water from a tiny leak while it is moored. (apparently wooden boats need a tiny leak to swell the wood). other yachties use wind turbines to charge batteries etc, but i don't know much about that.

I have thought about it too fong, as a couple of times my mates fishing boat has had a flat battery out at sea. maybe a dual battery system with a trickle charge would be the go. im sure there are guys on realsurf like larry or others that know about this stuff.
let me know how you go, i might copy you if it works

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:29 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:want try one my moving rods marcus :?: .....i think they work....but i could be kidding myself....need a r& d pilot

i also want some help on my current invention......i'm trying get a solar panel i can mount on my boat.....so it trickle charges my battery

no more having charge up the night b4......longer lasting battery life thanks the increased input

some small $$$$ savings in power ....but carbon neutral :idea: 8)

if i fish all day in the sunlight....why not capture that sunlight charge my boats battery for the night fish...or power my electric :idea:

also...lot blokes sit there boats in the backyard between fishing......why not capture that sunlight too keep batterys ticking over :idea:

if u think this a good idea and want help....tell me and i'll delete it :mrgreen:

p.s my inventions shit all over yours :wink:

Fong ... sorry to disappoint you ... but thats not a new invention ... its common practice throughout the marine and RV industry.

If you are primarily looking at keeping the charge up to the battery between outings ... a small solar panel in the 10 - 20 watt range will suffice ... probably a 10 watt.

We have a 20 watt setup on our ancient little caravan ... and whilst it will replenish the charge to some degree when we go bush ... it can struggle to top the battery up fully at times. Its a simple system and more than adequate for our requirements.

A more serious setup for maintaining optimum performance requires one to work out the power consumption and then install a panel or panels that will replace at least the same if not more amps back into the battery bank.

Larger panel setups require solar regulators to govern the flow of power into the batteries. These regulators also have a blocking diode installed to prevent the discharge of power out of the battery(s) and back to the panel at night.

OK lets get concurrent with watt current is amped with what watt is watt ... which is easy for you to say.

To work out the size of the solar panel required you must first work out your power consumption.
Remembering that the battery is 12 volts ... solar panels are rated in watts ... power consumption is defined in amps ... simple hey ... it is really.
Divide the watt by the voltage to get the amps. So if you are using a 18 watt light ... thats 1.5 amps per hour. In addition ... if you run that light for 6 hours then you will have consumed 9 amps from the battery.

Here's another example ... now that is funny exAMPle ... sorry ... anyway ... to work out what the potential output of a 60 watt solar panel is ... we simply divide the watts by the voltage to get the output in amps ... so 60 divided by 12 = 5 amps per hour at maximum potential. The maximum potential can only be reached when the solar panel is at the optimum angle to the sun.
With land based installations the optimum angle is acquired by facing the panel towards the sun ... in a marine or RV situation the panel is mounted flat ... reducing the efficiency some watt ... whoops ... somewhat. This means that the 5 watt potential will only be reached for a short period of time during the day ... this fact must be taken into account when selecting the output of the panel required. There are tables that calculate the output of solar panels in comparison to the angle of the sun ... but we won't be going there just now.

So there you have it ... that wasn't to hard after all ... :shock:

Now Fong ... seeing as you preside on the sunny hoax ... pop on down to Minyama ... and on your way along the Nicklin Way you will find a shop called Whitworths Marine and Leisure ... they will have all the gear you need ... and advice.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

one of the funniest and most informative things I've read for a while, Womble.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 pm

alakaboo wrote:one of the funniest and most informative things I've read for a while, Womble.
"Enlightening" too. 8) :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Animal_Chin wrote:I thought I'd invent a wetsuit with a flap that allows you to drain urine out of your crotch whilst in the surf.

I called it P1ss Flaps.

None of the major branded companies showed any interest so I shelved it...
and remove one of lifes simple pleasures?

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Having urine track up my chest and trickle down my arms is not what I consider pleasurable.

The technology of modern wetsuits has overrun their practicality.