Pro Surfing or UFC?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Skipper
Duke Status

Re: Pro Surfing or UFC?

Post by Skipper » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:36 pm

N o he didn't. There was a misunderstanding up at the showers where Sunny had gone to wash the stench of ultra violence off and he mis heard the photog say ' can I take photo' for can I wash your back. That's why Sunny arced up again. And then had to take another shower.

Anyway. Bit rich, you Nuff, continuing to take such a moral highground in defence of the poor paparazzi.
Particularly after you've badly insulted the administrator here with a truly base remark, based on an unspecified exchange between you .
Just a thought.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am

skips it seems you are very passionate about this altercation, but after re-reading your posts, you are all over the place! love the analogy of "washing off the ultra violence", sounds a bit clockwork orange-ish!
ajohnsen wrote:After seeing the pics, I agree - total over reaction and no excuse to service an already over-serviced situation. I hope the prick gets charged with assault and battery.
gibber wrote:I agree with Wands.

Garcia is a fcuken idiot for doing what he did, way beyond what any reasonable person would do.
WANDERER wrote:Nothing that anyone has said since my last post on this topic has changed my mind, in fact seeing the ASL shots has just consolidated my stance, all that other shit you guys are saying is all good and well, I can't say whether I would act any different, but the situations that you guys seem to be painting are not what I see happening in those photos and videos, the difference to me is crystal clear, Sunny is a thug who got involved in a situation in the wrong way to what a responsible adult should, maybe, just maybe if Sunny had been involved before flores i could extend some sense of minimal justification, but that aint the way it went down.

Protect your kids? sure thing.
Run down the beach to an already more than fair altercation and do anything other than attempt to address the situation in a controlled manner, unjustifiable... and that's how every law officer and magistrate in Australia would see it, as should every right minded adult.
I just don't see any real danger to Sunny's kid or Flores for that matter, so what the **** does have Sunny have to do with it? 100% certifiable idiot in my mostly useless opinion.
And none of this addresses Sunny kicking the guy filming across the pavement.
agreed. maybe garcia thinks he is the veteran hawaiian "protector" on the circuit. get over it, thug. violence & especially unnecessary violence is ugly. i'm sure if garcia had approached the guy & asked "wot's going on, bro?" he would have backed away. if not, then he really would be punching above his weight. so many scenarios, my head hurts...
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 pm

matt... wrote:skips it seems you are very passionate about this altercation, but after re-reading your posts, you are all over the place! love the analogy of "washing off the ultra violence", sounds a bit clockwork orange-ish!
sometimes you can try to cook up a meal with whatever's in the cupboard

took a few facts, some fabrication, a good dash of heresay, a spurious notion or two, some unknown ingredients, and some fanciful stirring....and came up with just meat and three veg.

never doubted WHAT he did was wrong (not to put too fine a word on it)
Picked up the 'paternal vengeance' theme and ran with it till it became a little transparent
the role of the photogs??? well, if i'd witnessed what he did, i definitely wouldn't chase him down for a photo op. ...
Shearer gave it all a bit of perspective in his Outsider investigation.
And well, still...awful thing...some unanswered questions, no repercussions legally and the kid is allright, just a few bruises.

Kind of like a Sopranos ep on the Gold Coast, with a lot less blood, but a hell of a lot backpeddling on the part of the unsuspecting victims, if you know what i mean.

all over the place?...sure, sadly how i roll at times, never sure if i'm having a shit or a haircut...as they say.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Wow, looks like the violence from Queensland has spread to the trading floor in Sydney! :mrgreen:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 6011612232
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Yes, but why the concern for the pap at Burleigh.?

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 pm

So let me get this right. 
What I understand from what you've said is that you're a drainer, you've worked for Don, you took a disliike to him, but you post on his forums, and an habitual stirrer gets kicked off by a former moderator that has a train wreck of a brother posting rantings that beggar belief, and you call Don up ( about what I wonder) and report back that he's vagina.? 

And you feel compelled to champion the unfortunate circumstances of a photographer, who happened to witness the mindless brutality of a Hawaiian surfer known for such, who then continued  to photograph him, disregarding his own safety after seeing such an unbridaled display of violence, and not think 'hey! This guys insane I better get out of his way'?  
Something like that? 

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 pm

^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 pm

^^^
I mean, really, what else could I say on the matter?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Karlos wrote:And Olds, your Charles Bronson side is showing. :wink:
Yes. I did yoga full on many years ago, complete peace harmony philosophy type deal.

There was an interesting bloke there, once said to me that if he hadn't taken up yoga he might have got into the terrorism business. This was way back, when terrorist and muslim weren't interchangeable words for the majority of the australian populace, you know, when terrorist was more an IRA sort of thing.

I found the comment bizarre at the time, 'cause he meant it, whether he was full of it or not.

But over time it made me realise that the line between law abiding citizen and psychopath or sociopath may be a lot finer than we think, and everything since has reinforced the idea that idea.

Problem is, if I went that way, I think I might be good at it. I have found through reading and various stories that the police mostly catch crooks not because the police are so smart, but because the crooks are so dumb.

Charles Bronson, for sure.
skipper wrote:So let me get this right............
That's a very nice piece of work skip.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trilobite

Post by Trilobite » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 am

Ted Endo just wrote a great piece examining violence in surf culture without pulling punches, so to speak.

"The truth is, violence fascinates us. Always has. Surfers may obsessively debate whether violence is right or wrong, but it remains an immutable constant in any sport without an arbiter."

http://www.theinertia.com/surf/fight-ni ... n-surfing/

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 am

The dude wasn't to much of a local if no other locals came to his aid to back him up.

Like if you have a mate getting bashed do you just watch or come to his aid :roll:

Must have been a few "locals" in the water at the time and a few watching the surf so where were they ?????

These things happen everywhere even up here :shock: its part of life and surfing isn't some sort of soft hippy trip but has a hardcore ultra competitive side to it. Been there a long time and will continue to be that way.

Dog eat dog ..................... :arrow:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Funny, you would have to say Burleigh has always had a pretty hard core local scene. Hawaiian surfers have tended to be ready to go the biff and take justice into their own hands. It kind of looks like Sunny is showing his son how to behave in this situation since junior is just checking it out but who knows. Unless you are there.

The other guy seemed to be going okay at the start until popa bear joined in. Cage fighting at the beach shouldn't be tag team.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?