camper vans/campers at local

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

channels
Snowy McAllister

Re: camper vans/campers at local

Post by channels » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Beanpole wrote:I guess no one sees any irony in a bunch of surfers who were as a group the original drive around the coast in a combi and crash anywhere tribe wingeing about someone else doing the same thing. You have turned into your parents.
Not their parents, just NIMBY's

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 pm

This mirrors the response to boat people pretty well. I wonder how many surf charters bump into illegal boat people as they cruise the outer islands of Indo?

Role reversals have bands of surfers chasing long haired, dope smoking itinerants in combis off their turf. A bit like Dennis Hopper chasing hippy bikers with a shotgun.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Beanpole wrote:This mirrors the response to boat people pretty well. I wonder how many surf charters bump into illegal boat people as they cruise the outer islands of Indo?
Probably pay about the same amount for either "cruise". :roll:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Beanpole wrote:I guess no one sees any irony in a bunch of surfers who were as a group the original drive around the coast in a combi and crash anywhere tribe wingeing about someone else doing the same thing. You have turned into your parents.

And I though I was getting old :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah some here sound old enough to be my parents....... :shock: :lol:

Our own youth can make a lot more mess and destruction on any Friday or Saturday night at the local car park ........... :wink:

They do spend money like petrol so that helps keep ppl in jobs at the supermarket that keeps ppl in jobs in the surf shops that keeps ppl in jobs in the bottleshop that keeps ppl in jobs and they all had to fly here so just try and think of the big picture instead of your little world. Oh yeah I have heaps up this way too but don't see the problem but see how stoked they are being in such a great country ... :wink:

How many here have done a trip on the cheap and had a dump in the bushes or out in the surf or are you all angels :lol: ...... :arrow:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

no ones claiming be a angel....in fact one my gripes is where i used/want stay over...is now full bloody euro backpackers :wink:

i made that point early beanny...no one begrudges a traveller

but it's not the 60's, 70's, 80's no more.....it's not one car....it's several if not more :roll:

than u see shit like the beach showers at angus...with the sign saying don't use hair shampoo here it will polute the creek.

than, every day....twenty four plus backpackers sleepin rough do just that...i actually asked a guy about it...irish by the accent

basicly...he couldn't give a shit....he was only in the country for 6 months and angus for 3 nights

"fuck the creek"

sum up his reply....it's a basic lack respect i and many people who travel around on the cheap would never display

( for fear being smashed in the middle the night)

but if your from ...o/s...it seems oz owes u a free hoil :?:

not here...my local...not anymore....the locals have /are sorted it ....sleep at your own risk...shame hey :oops:

congrats...they just ruin it for everyone
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Of course the real answer is to herd them up and put them all in a detention center. Theyre probably all illegal anyway.We will decide who comes to our car park and the manor in which they will park.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 pm

stop being obtuse...u have a valid point

there is a publication that lists free camping ground around oz...some goodones too

plus u want find backpackers in there ( grey nomads yes) cause it's not the hip places visit

simple u want visit hip spots...pay $25 for a camping spot...is that too much..i ask :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Fair enough, Fong. Apart from generally taking the piss I agree there are loads of ignorant, self centered idiots everywhere these days who happily trash everything. I just reckon theres plenty Ozzie ones as well. The worst thing is you can't even blame a lack of information because they just ignore it.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 am

I think we are just getting to the point where there are too many people and it will only get worse.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 am

^^^^
unless they follow the Oirish way of attrition and just get pissed and bashed. :twisted:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm

I'd just like to see the detention centers full of Wicked Vans with Makin Bacon and Jim's Muff Trimming Service all over them. Maybe we could get the people smugglers to pimp their boats up. It could really liven up the news.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?