The Floods

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: i live in a pineapple under the sea

Re: The Floods

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 am

notice how bannanas went up because cyclone larry...but how they never went back down in price'

funny that, taste things come :idea:

another debate i hear is

if you can afford live near the river or ocean, why does the tax payer have pay for your repairs :?:

a couple i know, have had two bridges washed out on the rd too there farm, been told a low prioty over fig tree in brisso ( posh neighbour hood) ...don't think they be too happy pay gillards levy as they wait years for bridges be fixed :?

p.s poor bloody mexicans...as if living down there wasn't hell already...now they flooded as well :cry:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 40141
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: The Floods

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:notice how bannanas went up because cyclone larry...but how they never went back down in price'

funny that, taste things come :idea:
Fong theyve been cheaper in Sydney in the last couple of years than theyve ever been. Often 99c a kilo. Your getting ripped off. First fish, now bananas.

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23103
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Floods

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 am

Beanpole wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:notice how bannanas went up because cyclone larry...but how they never went back down in price'

funny that, taste things come :idea:
Fong theyve been cheaper in Sydney in the last couple of years than theyve ever been. Often 99c a kilo. Your getting ripped off. First fish, now bananas.
Nah. It must be a Noosa thing BP.
Elsewhere in SE Qld they are definitely back to pre "Larry" prices.
But geez - 99c kilo? They must be Coffs Harbour bananas. :lol: They don't count. 8)
Or Aldi :?: :oops:
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 40141
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: The Floods

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

Obviously they charge Victorian prices in Noosa. Just so the "locals" feel at home.

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23103
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Floods

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am

^^^^^^^^ :lol:
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
Damage
Owl status
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: The Floods

Post by Damage » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am

Image

Graph published by Dr Andrew Glikson, Earth and paleo-climate scientist at the Australian National University.

:|

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23103
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Floods

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am

Matthew 24
#sixfeetissixfeet!

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: The Floods

Post by channels » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Damage wrote:Image

Graph published by Dr Andrew Glikson, Earth and paleo-climate scientist at the Australian National University.

:|
The problem with these sort of graphs, and other statistics on climate change for that matter, is they only cover too short a period of time and exist solely to prove their point. The earth has been around for a couple of million years and a scientist produces a graph of the last 20 years...surely the good doctor doesn't expect anyone to draw conclusions based on this data?

haysie
regular
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: South Coast

Re: The Floods

Post by haysie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Also... have the last 10 years become irrelevant in disaster data, or have they dipped during that time... who knows... all I know is that they're not on that graph :)
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Lard Lad
regular
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: The Floods

Post by Lard Lad » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 pm


Johnno
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: The Floods

Post by Johnno » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm

TrevG wrote:
Beanpole wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:notice how bannanas went up because cyclone larry...but how they never went back down in price'

funny that, taste things come :idea:
Fong theyve been cheaper in Sydney in the last couple of years than theyve ever been. Often 99c a kilo. Your getting ripped off. First fish, now bananas.
Nah. It must be a Noosa thing BP.
Elsewhere in SE Qld they are definitely back to pre "Larry" prices.
But geez - 99c kilo? They must be Coffs Harbour bananas. :lol: They don't count. 8)
Or Aldi :?: :oops:
Nah try about $1.99 kilo of Coffs Banana's and that is on the side of the road. Woolies want $2.49 kilo :shock:

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23103
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Floods

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 pm

^^^ Agreed Johnno. And those are definitely pre Larry prices.
I was only joking about the Coffs bananas. 8)
After Larry Cavendish bananas were about $8 or $9 /kilo
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Johnno
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: The Floods

Post by Johnno » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Dumb and Dumber :lol: ABC Online News story >>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... ?site=news

Pair rescued after sex doll river ride :shock: :lol:

And the police have issued a warning that inflatable sex dolls
are not a flotation device .......... :lol:

The dolls where-abouts unknown but last seen going down a stormwater drain .......... :lol:

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 40141
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: The Floods

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm

What happened to free bananas with petrol at Nambucca Heads?
Or $19 a kilo green bug tails at Chinderah fish shop for that matter.

User avatar
No Pants Lance
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9101
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 am
Location: where wake collide

Re: The Floods

Post by No Pants Lance » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:35 pm

:(

Sheep not all they're cracked up to be or the mull too strong bru.

At least Iggs fessed up to bein' bored and bailed.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: i live in a pineapple under the sea

Re: The Floods

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:14 am

:roll: ...told gillards/labors plan is a levy ( they have soooooooooooo many words that all mean TAX) of $15 per week per wage earner

hmmmmmm

most wage earners can't afford live in water front places flooded :idea:

and like where was the drought levy last ten years :?:

ohhh...that didn't effect city folk...only country folk

hmmmmmm :?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/wive ... 5991973703

this is going get ugly....akkaboo...heads up

people ain't just looking for a scrapegoat anymore

they want a full refund plus damages :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Johnno
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: The Floods

Post by Johnno » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
people ain't just looking for a scrapegoat anymore

they want a full refund plus damages :idea:
They just want a pound of flesh for the bullsh*t they have been told since the 74 flood :arrow: noooooooo it will never happen again because we have a dam now that will save us :roll:

The only ones that didn't believe that was :arrow: the insurance industry :wink:

p.s. the banks are lovin' this :arrow: no bank bashing for 2 weeks now :lol:

User avatar
Damage
Owl status
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: The Floods

Post by Damage » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests