localism livesl

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

localism livesl

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 pm

just had a beer with digger, and warned him we have a bit shit going down out front :cry:

( seeing he surfs here almost much as me :P )

basickly we had a invasion of wicked vans that got moved on from a short distance sth....cause they where shitting all over the place :roll: ...we had the nearest carpark with a toilet :roll:

it was semi cool with the odd van....but word got out and soon the carpark was full each night with a instant crowd of 30 more for the early :cry:

a "local" took offence and several slashed tyres later.....the wicked vans no longer park or surf here anymore 8)

but the localism now is kinda building....the groms love it

waxing windows and flattening tyres

i think it gives them sense belonging....while the older crew nod and approve

i'm not for it, but, i'm not against it....it's a balance i think

every where is a shit fight, absloutly everywhere, so it's refreashing go for a surf and enjoy it and not hassle with a 100 blowins :idea:

it's like i hated localism...till i became one them :mrgreen:

others thoughts :arrow:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Re: localism livesl

Post by Cuttlefish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:28 pm

I love the instant local.
The one you only ever see once.
4.45am and I'm in the box seat for the next set wave and a burly shaven headed frother jumps off the Pot and paddles out.
A wave comes and in his greed he almost paddles into me in his rush to grab it so I went to paddle over the wave to wait for the next one.
Snagged my legrope with his arm as he paddled past.
Preceded to abuse me for anything he could think of (tangling his arm in my leggie for one) and call me a mal riding Briso (I was on my 8' carbon DVS so why not?).
I didn't bother biting back.
After all it was 4.45am and still dim.
I did wonder how anyone has the right to tell anybody else to F@#K off from a National park.
To this day I haven't seen the guy again.
I've only been surfing Noosa since 1980 but feel I don't have any more rights to the waves than anyone else.
Any one with enough cash can buy some dirt and a domicile but it doesn't change the fact that we all live on the land not in the sea itself.
Re- Wicked van backpackers...if they are staying and abusing the spot by fouling it then I'm not suprised people are starting to respond in kind.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm

reminds me of a day rocking off at burleigh in the dark. it was big and building, with sets every 10 minutes. it took a while to get out the back, where i saw the only 3 people out take off on the same wave. 2 collided and had to go in, 1 with a busted board and one with a busted head. the other fella straightened out and got devoured, leaving me out the back by myself.
could hear them all the way into the cove swearing at each other and arguing who had lived on the point the longest.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:15 pm

all I can say if my bike is touched, any wax on my screen, my helmet touched, tyres touched by anyone DONT EXPECT ME TO sulk and say fair enough, it will start in fongs street, a couple of houses down from him, and continue until a new helmet is bought, a new screen bought, new tyres supplied. I dont bother with threats, I just tell truth. touch my stuff and disrespect me and I will FUCK YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD OVER.

I show respect in water and expect respect to be shown back, to expect to be able to stop crowds coming to your beach is just a joke, if you dont like crowds leave the sunshine coast, who they kidding themselves.

My local is coolum and yaroomba you could say, but its so crowded its not worth surfing there so I travel a bit when I feel like it. Fair enough with people who dont respect a place ( like backpackers who respect no one), lessons need to be tought but to touch peoples property and expect someone to run away, they are just declaring war and I will bring it to the whole suburb till Im recompensated. I will start with one house and just work my way across the neighbourhood until Im paid back or bashed sensless when im caught.

Be fnning warned. I will not stop surfing at that beautiful place or be scared off. I dont believe in paddling out to a crowded peak if there is a empty one nearby, but dont touch my bike and livelhood and expect me not to fight back worse than you could imagine.

FUCK YOU ALL AND YOUR LOCALS, EXPECT WAR FROM ME IF IM TOUCHED. I MAY NOT WIN BUT I WILL STAND TALL.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Fair enough I reckon. Start slashing tyres and shit and expect the same or worse in response. Its not like everyones a timid hippie.
Personally I like the wicked vans despoiling the views of the well to do in the eastern suburbs but I haven't surfed Noosa in 30 years.
There used to be a camping area in Hastings Street wasn't there?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Someone get digger another beer, this party is just getting started :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 pm

but digger...i did give u the word

and wars are nasty....be carefull....neighbours are full good people :idea:

and they can visit just easy u :shock: would u really put your house up...cause your locals unregulated :idea:

is a shitty beachie worth the kids stress :?: his a mad kiwi...i'm telling ya... :cry:

and sooo for a sake a uncrowded cloeseout

kids suffer...for adults egos :cry: your kidding me....just cause your locals a mess...don't judge what people live here think :!:

i don't know.....why bar just the backpackers :?:

all out....more waves for me 8)

it's just the way surfings going....thanks bra boys and promoters :idea:

i'm not involved in it...but i see it happening AND DON'T STOP IT...so just as guility :oops: ...four flat tyres is a bitch for anyone

just for surfing a shifting beachie

p.s callin kreepy :idea:

p.p.s i hear u cuttle...but this isn't about the points...there far gone :cry: ...which is the point...bit like fingal/ the goldy....the locals are trying introduce a little area just for them, not every other blowin

i kinda got support it...like it's a big beach...FUC.K OFF SURF ELSEWHERE :!:
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm

No don't 9et Di99erer another beer...

I mi9ht 9o crazy .
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:44 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:but digger...i did give u the word

and wars are nasty....be carefull....neighbours are full good people :idea:

and they can visit just easy u :shock: would u really put your house up...cause your locals unregulated :idea:

is a shitty beachie worth the kids stress :?: his a mad kiwi...i'm telling ya... :cry:

and sooo for a sake a uncrowded cloeseout

kids suffer...for adults egos :cry: your kidding me....just cause your locals a mess...don't judge what people live here think :!:

i don't know.....why bar just the backpackers :?:

all out....more waves for me 8)

it's just the way surfings going....thanks bra boys and promoters :idea:

i'm not involved in it...but i see it happening...four flat tyres is a bitch for anyone

just for surfing a shifting beachie

p.s callin kreepy :idea:

I dont give a flying f@#$ fong, if my stuff is touched, by him or his so called grommets who have been given permission the whole neighbour can f@#k themselves. If i dont know where they live then I will target the whole block. Just because he has a small dick problem and feels that its right to follow this line, Im sorry but Im a gentle person, but fuck with me and if then he comes after the family Im telling you, someone will end in jail because someone will get seriously hurt. I wont start it, but either me or the police will end it.

I dont threaten, I normally dont get upset over anything at all, but bullies can suck my dick, because that is all it is. Its fine for you to say but more surf for me, that just supports the guy, will fuck him and anyone who supports slashing innocent peoples tyres, the more I think on this the more Im determined to surf there whenever I can now. Im truly upset that anyone can think that this sort of attitude is okay and just sit back and let it happen.

Hey smashing that shop window, well wasnt that tough hey :evil:

Im really upset and angry over this and people can sit back and laugh all they want. I dont care how big he is, he will only take one punch on me then I wont feel it agian as I will be out and thats fine by me, but I will not be threatened, I will not be chased away from a beautiful beach that I believe is peaceful..

IF they want to screw with me thats fine, you have not seen me upset and take action and its not a side that is very nice. I have not seen it for 20 + years but im that upset that this idiot can teach the grommets that this sort of stuff is okay. I wont bother doing that, I know the action that I will take.

DONT TOUCH MY STUFF

BY THE WAY FONG, you are involved in it, you know about it and say nothing, to me thats involved, I dont believe in fence sitters, I never do, Im black and white, your either black or white, there is no fnnng grey.

Neighbours are full of good people I agree, so answer is easy, he is responsible, if my stuff is damaged, he just buys me new stuff in two days and I do nothing, simple as that. IF he doesent want to, then he is involved, the grommets are involved, and now you are involved because you know what will happen.

Sorry mate, he may be a mad kiwi who is 3 times my size and will probably kill me, but FUCK HIM.

i dont want friendships to be lost but I will not be threatended, I will not simple sit back and think that sort of stuff is okay and just let is slide under the carpet. I have my thoughts, show respect and expect respect in return.

Im not that old school that this rule has been thrown out and these actions are okay.

As for my local, I didnt know it had my name written on it in the waves, please show me where yhour local has your name on it fong, or are you one of those sort of people that if someone is sitting in your bus seat you will push them off it just to prove its yours, no one owns the bloody beach, this stuff pisses me off. Yes im angry, Im geting angrier as the night goes on and maybe i need to take a valuim, but just maybe im right :shock:

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 am

Ooohhh!!! Sunrise is getting heavy brah!! :lol: :P

What are you getting so worked up over Digg's? Have you had "trouble" there? Or are you over-reading Fongs propaganda. Take it easy mate.

As for the backpacker vans, they sh1t me no end. So any deterrants to them stinking up the joint is fine by me.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

So a kiwi guy is a local at sunrise/sunshine
Wow...so he blew on on the easterly before the the wicked guys huh

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 am

localism is a joke, just go surfing and be a decent person in the line up and you can avoid it most of the time...I surf at a very loacalised point and never had a poblem....backpackers can be annoying but they just wanna experiance the thing we love, dont blame them one bit....

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

tiger wrote:Ooohhh!!! Sunrise is getting heavy brah!! :lol: :P

What are you getting so worked up over Digg's? Have you hadSe "trouble" there? Or are you over-reading Fongs propaganda. Take it easy mate.
Ive
As for

backpacker vans, they sh1t me no end. So any deterrants to them stinking up the joint is fine by me.
Ive had no trouble there tiger, fong is the best bloke I have meet in a long time and he knows my family would do anything for him.

But I cannot and will not let this crap be. What a awesome example this kiwi is setting for the young brommets there, one of them may even have a future in the sport and surf MORE than me. Tell me, is this bloke even an aussie, if he wants to talk localism he can fuck off back to NZ.

There is nothing that replaces respect in the water. Ive surfed way heavier places than sunshine and never had a problem, aussie pipe comes to mind back in the 80,s.

What this guy is doing with the grommets is just pathetic

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 am

Take a leaf out of iggys to sort em out up there my banana-bending friends

some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 am

par for the course here in North America, Nova Scotia seemed the worse, of course it all depends on what there is to protect, and some of the spots around halifax NS are worth keeping the numpties out of, the localism there was to the point that even locals who had lived and surfed at spots for a long time still didn't like risking their tyres by parking near breaks, a lad I talked to there had a sign in his window, buying a new car obviously has it's risks when it comes to localism.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 am

done with the surfing for this trip, too damned cold, I'm in Seattle atm and at this exact moment my board is still on the roof of the van covered with about an inch and a half of snow!!

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 am

^fckn summer surfers

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:15 am

diggerdickson wrote:
tiger wrote:Ooohhh!!! Sunrise is getting heavy brah!! :lol: :P

What are you getting so worked up over Digg's? Have you hadSe "trouble" there? Or are you over-reading Fongs propaganda. Take it easy mate.
Ive
As for

backpacker vans, they sh1t me no end. So any deterrants to them stinking up the joint is fine by me.
Ive had no trouble there tiger, fong is the best bloke I have meet in a long time and he knows my family would do anything for him.

But I cannot and will not let this crap be. What a awesome example this kiwi is setting for the young brommets there, one of them may even have a future in the sport and surf MORE than me. Tell me, is this bloke even an aussie, if he wants to talk localism he can **** off back to NZ.

There is nothing that replaces respect in the water. Ive surfed way heavier places than sunshine and never had a problem, aussie pipe comes to mind back in the 80,s.

What this guy is doing with the grommets is just pathetic
Good stuff, Diggs!
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.