Ask Carroll

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Ask Carroll

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Nick, if you want I'm happy to go back over the last couple of pages and sort the wheat from the chaff.
This whole thread is worth too much to screw around with rubbish.
But it's your call.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Nick can you explain to me what this "super bank" is that I keep hearing about?
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Go an take my crap out if you want Trev. I was only pissing about but I guess there's plenty of room in tangents for that.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Ok ... so Zosea has one event left to run and I've no doubt that it'll be a cracker, considering the ifs, buts and maybes that have been thrown into the mix (title wise) ... and its at pipe.

During the lead up to this years tour, you voiced some concerns as to how this new mob may or may not get a handle on things.

Report card if you will.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Beastiality?... I was out with a work colleague the other night when he relayed a story about how many years ago he used to run meth from Brisbane to Darwin (eventually got caught and did a couple of years).. One particular run he was feeling toey after sampling the supply.., and decided to search out a street walking hooker in some outback town. Whilst banging what he thought was a local lowy on her rags (ie. bum fun), only to see a nut poking out between its thighs.. Yep.. Outback tranny..

Anyway, back on topic...

Nick, what's the best fin set up for carves, just like if you we're skating a bowl? I'm all into going fast and carving.. Quad, thruster or single (never ridden a single.. Any good?).
If it feels good, do it.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Bring on the zinger, gstq

Gotta admit that aysee redeemed himself by his post's end. Given his gay/mysoginist history, I had started to melt
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:09 am

Trev wrote:Nick, if you want I'm happy to go back over the last couple of pages and sort the wheat from the chaff.
But it's your call.
nah trev I figure By Their Questions Ye Shall Know Them

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:12 am

mentone mansions wrote:Nick can you explain to me what this "super bank" is that I keep hearing about?
come off it mm, you're about to move to Western Australia. As if you care about the Super Bank!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:20 am

Womble wrote:Ok ... so Zosea has one event left to run and I've no doubt that it'll be a cracker, considering the ifs, buts and maybes that have been thrown into the mix (title wise) ... and its at pipe.

During the lead up to this years tour, you voiced some concerns as to how this new mob may or may not get a handle on things.

Report card if you will.
Ah I think they have done a brilliant job of spending the investment dollars

Their events have been run pretty clean and the broadcasts have been much more even and reliable than the piecemeal structure of earlier times

The WCT has a consistent face now and there's no confusion over who is running anything at any particular time, nor about why any particular event exists - like the events aren't individual playthings of the franchisees

Behind the scenes I don't think they are making the kind of financial and promotional gains that a tour of this magnitude needs to make. There has been a bit of churn among their sales execs, they're putting a lot of hope in their NYC sales setup, and there's no step back into the safety zone, because the surf industry isn't picking up this ball again in a hurry.

As long as the investment dollars keep flowing they can keep going and maybe at some point begin to innovate with the format etc to make it all a bit simpler and catchier for a yet to be v interested broader international public.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:59 am

Deesee wrote:Beastiality?... I was out with a work colleague the other night when he relayed a story about how many years ago he used to run meth from Brisbane to Darwin (eventually got caught and did a couple of years).. One particular run he was feeling toey after sampling the supply.., and decided to search out a street walking hooker in some outback town. Whilst banging what he thought was a local lowy on her rags (ie. bum fun), only to see a nut poking out between its thighs.. Yep.. Outback tranny..

Anyway, back on topic...

Nick, what's the best fin set up for carves, just like if you we're skating a bowl? I'm all into going fast and carving.. Quad, thruster or single (never ridden a single.. Any good?).
If you are all into going fast and carving, surely you have this figured out.

But from my POV three fins still pretty much rule this roost.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 am

Legion wrote:Here's a question for you Nick. I'm watching Innersection 2. Pete Devries rips and has great style. He obviously works harder than most up there in the Pacific north west. Has he ever tried to take it further? Eg WQS? Not quite good enough? You'd think you'd move if surfing was your passion and you had enough talent.
Well for one thing you really do have to take video sections with a minor grain of salt. They do not show you the number of waves it took to compile the edit.

I think Pete might have had a crack at some QS events for a while and had a bit of success but maybe found it a bit alien, hard core competitive surfing isn't for everyone and just getting heats wired can take years. He would also have had to develop a wider skill range than what's on show in the Innersection bits.

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:35 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
mentone mansions wrote:Nick can you explain to me what this "super bank" is that I keep hearing about?
come off it mm, you're about to move to Western Australia. As if you care about the Super Bank!
Alright I'm just going to assume that Westpac and ComBank are in bed together and set up a branch at Greenmount.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 am

well just ask sunstroke, he will tell you that all the big four banks are in bed together

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:42 am

I'm just chiming in here. The link to Pete Devries' surfing tips has previously been posted on this forum, here it is again

http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/S ... /index.htm
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 am

petulance wrote:I'm just chiming in here. The link to Pete Devries' surfing tips has previously been posted on this forum, here it is again

http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/S ... /index.htm
Tip 15 is for backside floaters ... our very own Matticus Finch could have really used some advice on that little chestnut the other day.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 am

Trev wrote:Nick, if you want I'm happy to go back over the last couple of pages and sort the wheat from the chaff.
But it's your call.
Jesus wept Trev, there's room here for more than fawning and feting.

There's a legitimate public interest in knowing whether it's independent testing or advertorial.

Nicks' a big boy who's quite capable of accounting for himself without big brother stepping in.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 am

Too right. Trevs gone all George Bush "you are with us or against us" while swvic got so worked about me asking if "shearer roots his chickens" he went and developed a yeast infection in his vagina.

You should hire a PR manager Trev, only suitably edited questions get posted, wouldn't want to harm the image of the corporation.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable