Ask Carroll

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

spork
barnacle

Re: Ask Carroll

Post by spork » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:17 am

Hey Boo, how about heading down the local uhaul trailer rental and getting one of those caged moving trailers for the trip. They are pretty cheap to rent and fully secure and you can fit shiteloads of gear in them.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm looking for something more permanent, Spork.
Plus most of those trailers aren't covered by insurance over 80km/h and can void your car's insurance too, particularly if you take it through water.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 pm

It's looking more and more like a 4WD is the option Alky.
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

DucksNuts
regular

Post by DucksNuts » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Nick,

'Doc' Brown and his DeLorean meet you in the car park behind Newport Coles one late night. He's got roof racks attached and can take you and three mates back to the dates and places of your choice, a coffin bag of boards each.

Where do you go, who do you bring, when do you visit and what boards do you take?

You've only got enough Plutonium to visit three places

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:17 pm

DucksNuts wrote:Nick,

'Doc' Brown and his DeLorean meet you in the car park behind Newport Coles one late night. He's got roof racks attached and can take you and three mates back to the dates and places of your choice, a coffin bag of boards each.

Where do you go, who do you bring, when do you visit and what boards do you take?

You've only got enough Plutonium to visit three places
Notice how I got it back on track for you there Mr C...I know all that 4wd talk was giving you the shits...and well done Mr Nuts, good interpretation...(am shutting up now)

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Well that's kind of fcuked, three places?

OK here we go:

Lance's right during the swell that hit just before the OM-Bali pro in June 1982. I would like to go there with Andy Irons, my little brother, and Tom Curren, and I would take three 6'5" AB six channel pintail thrusters, because I would for sure snap two. Only have to be there three days. Hopefully the de Lorean could float.

North Shore Oahu in the winter of 1949 for three months, with Mike Newling, my little brother, and Ross Clarke-Jones. I would take 10 boards, mostly between 7'0" and 8'4" Rawson pintail thrusters with a few AB sixes scattered in there plus one 10'0" Brewer single fin pintail, and some swim fins and a speargun. No fcuken leg ropes.

Gold Coast/North NSW coast February/March 1975, the renowned 28 day east swell, I would go there with Newling, lil brother and Robert Hale, and take a 6'5" AB, two 5'9" MC deep concaves, a 6'0" round/square single fin and another AB, maybe 6'3".

I think then I would just give up surfing.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

NC. That's a rookie mistake, if I've ever seen one. The first place you go is to the plutonium shop to buy enough of the shit to go to five places.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Actually you're both wrong.

One should never get into a car with a creepy old man ... especially when he's loitering in the carpark behind Newport shops.

"Hey kid ... wanna come for a spin in my magic car"

"Yeah sure ... why not"
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 pm

From experience wobble?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

DucksNuts
regular

Post by DucksNuts » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:09 am

NC, the Doc collapses from all his Plutonium exposure - or old age, it's hard to say - and the DeLorean is yours. You strip him down, despite his protests, and discover enough Plutonium wedged in all his orifices to power your journeys for the rest of your life.

What are the Doc's last words? What do you call your new Indies Trader IV of time/space? Who are your crew members?

(and best give us the next two sequels: where/when/who/what)

Unopened bottles of Radiation-protection-spray are strewn through the DeLorean...no fears of Chernobyl-ising yourselves either

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:35 am

Beanpole wrote:From experience wobble?
Unfortunately not ... my encounters with pedophiliatic time travellers has been nonexistent up until this point.

Bear in mind though that due to the very nature of time travel ... it would be fair to assume that disruptions in the space time continuum could in fact force me to retract the statement at any point ... either in the past ... present or future.

Who knows ... nangaty-nang nangaty-nang nangaty-nang wahoo-ooo ... its the amazing man who dares to go anywhere ... Dr Poo ... Who.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:38 am

Me: Doc! Doc! Where are the fcuken keys?
Doc: Just under the right wheel arch. (Doc dies.)

So up next on this wacky Getaway would be a trip back about 4000 years, once the Holocene had fully settled in, it would be splendid to visit Tahiti - not a human to be seen and all the reefs just going nuts. Actually make that a hit parade of all the Pacific Islands. Not that many boards, maybe a 6'0", 6'5", 7'1" AB. a fair bit of fishing gear and a water filter thing. I think on this trip shearer would have to come so as to do all the fishing, plus lil brother, and I reckon Rebecca Olive, I haven't actually met Bec but she seems like an intelligent person who would find the whole thing very interesting and would keep all the testosterone in line.

And after that, fcuk it, caution to the wind, I think it'd be time to come to grips with continental drift in reverse and go way the fcuk back a few hundred million years to Gondwanaland and do a full surf check of the supercontinent's temperate coastlines, taking a 5'10" MC, a 6'5" AB and a 7'2" Rawson, and going with lil brother, RCJ, and that Bear Grylls cnut just to watch his whole McGyver shtick either save our arses or totally unravel. And some gnarly weaponry too, guns, RPGs, flamethrowers etc. you can't tell me that wouldn't be fcuken funny.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:45 am

How about Ulus before it was discovered by Albe Falzon and crew? Though I won't fancy going down the cliff on a bamboo ladder.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:47 am

Maybe you could pop back to the 8th of December 1980 and take the bullets out of Mark Chapman's gun. Punch him in the face whilst your at it.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Hey Nick, could you drop into 1991 and stop me marrying my first wife? Cheers.

DucksNuts
regular

Post by DucksNuts » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:And some gnarly weaponry too, guns, RPGs, flamethrowers etc. you can't tell me that wouldn't be fcuken funny.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:47 pm

BA wrote:Hey Nick, could you drop into 1991 and stop me marrying my first wife? Cheers.
Nick could probably make a fortune just doing that for a bunch of us on here.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:40 pm

petulance wrote:How about Ulus before it was discovered by Albe Falzon and crew? Though I won't fancy going down the cliff on a bamboo ladder.
:-? Puuuuuhhhlease.
How sugar coated do you want the past?
Sorry Albi?
You expect me to climb down that?
Don't worry pet you can still deal with a mountain of white water blasting right through the cave at high tide.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?